Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Before the Flood (2016)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Lossless release is finally up for sale on Qobuz.com, but sadly no 24 bit...
    http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/bef.../0780163489323

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Lossless release is finally up for sale on Qobuz.com, but sadly no 24 bit...
    http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/bef.../0780163489323
    Wow! It's about time but this is ridiculous !

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Wow! It's about time but this is ridiculous !
    Yeah, they're definitely taking their time. It's dated as October 28th, but I know for a fact it only went up within the last few days because I was constantly checking. It's pretty stupid in today's world that you would delay the release of something that could have so easily been released simultaneously everywhere. And these companies wonder why people steal music. With these archaic release models, they're only doing damage to themselves and they deserve it.
    Last edited by neorev; 11-18-2016 at 03:10 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Whats the latest on if there will be a CD release of this? I'd like to recommend it to people as a possible Christmas present for me but I doubt it will be in time

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Whats the latest on if there will be a CD release of this? I'd like to recommend it to people as a possible Christmas present for me but I doubt it will be in time
    It's supposed to be released on Dec. 16th by Lakeshore Records. But still there's not much further information about it, so I'm not sure if it is really happening. You can still preorder it on amazon, but you can't find it there with a simple search...

Edit: you can preorder it on German amazon. For US the page is down.
    Last edited by SchwarzerAbt; 11-18-2016 at 05:04 AM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    http://louderthanwar.com/news-invada...the-flood-ost/

The soundtrack will a joint release between Invada and Lakeshore and will see the album come out on vinyl and CD.

More details will soon follow

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    1st award for A Minute To Breath. Best song for Documentary at the Hollywood Music in Media Awards.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    My order for the CD version was cancelled from Amazon US and the listing for it has been removed from the store. Anyone still have a CD listing?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Mhhhhhh well in amazon france there's an imported from US, DOUBLE cd unavailable http://amzn.eu/1MbQTzP
    Same thing in Canada
    http://a.co/5FfuNNv and India http://amzn.in/5FVq305

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    December 16th is almost there. But there's not even artwork available or anything. I don't think we'll be getting a CD this Friday...

Apart from that: the Best Buy link has a much more reasonable price tag than the previous amazon item. Is anyone ordering this to see what happens?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    December 16th is almost there. But there's not even artwork available or anything. I don't think we'll be getting a CD this Friday...

Apart from that: the Best Buy link has a much more reasonable price tag than the previous amazon item. Is anyone ordering this to see what happens?
    I was about to order, but it appears that at some point they stopped allowing you to use discover card as a payment option. Not sure if it's due to pre-order or not...I'll try again later from a PC I guess.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Is there anywhere I can buy a lossless version of the score in the US? I've already got it in mp3, but I really want lossless. I've been searching since it came out, and the only way I've found is to buy the vinyl from nin.com, which I'm not gonna do. Any help would be appreciated!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    did you try on this page ? http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/bef.../0780163489323
    PS: warning, it is not 24bit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Yeah, I tried the day it was posted. I can put it in my cart, but when I try to pay it says it's not available in my country.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Yeah, I tried the day it was posted. I can put it in my cart, but when I try to pay it says it's not available in my country.
    Holy shit you're right, didn't know qobuz were only in 9 european countries, I'm disapointed because I love this service but they're obviously lost.
    I guess you'll have to wait january, hoping Trent will finally offer something better around a not overpriced CD ? or maybe ask some friendly strangers in private, I dunno.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I didn't have any problems. Did you choose Visa or Mastercard as the option to pay?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    I was about to order, but it appears that at some point they stopped allowing you to use discover card as a payment option. Not sure if it's due to pre-order or not...I'll try again later from a PC I guess.
    Just wanted to point out that the item now says backordered and not available until January. Pretty sure this didn't release as expected.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

THIS SHIT

Very possibly my favorite instrumental piece he's ever created. It's like the aching of life in under seven minutes..

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    I placed an order through Best Buy, just got an email that it was delayed until 1-18.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I placed an order through Best Buy, just got an email that it was delayed until 1-18.
    That's probably the standard push your order back 30 days when it's "backordered" and we don't know when it will be in, and not actually reflective of a new release date. At this point, I think the release has still not been finalized.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    That's probably the standard push your order back 30 days when it's "backordered" and we don't know when it will be in, and not actually reflective of a new release date. At this point, I think the release has still not been finalized.
    With Reznor's new mission statement about vinyl, there's a reasonable chance that there isn't going to be a CD...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Maybe someone noted this already, but I like the text accompanying this record on the nin.com discography:

Released worldwide days before the US election, it failed to help prevent the US from electing an unqualified madman to office.

Anyway, the music is excellent.

Just made me laugh.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anyone else wondering if "Shipping early 2017" falls into the same category as Trent's "soon"?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    If anyone is still on the fence about picking up the Before the Flood vinyl from store.nin.com as of right now there are only 24 in stock. Who knows if there will be more available after they sell out. . .

Shortly after this post the inventory quantity was bumped up to 500...
    Last edited by NIN64; 12-28-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    How are you seeing the quantity available in the store?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    How are you seeing the quantity available in the store?
    https://store.nin.com/products/befor...flood-vinyl.js

Ctrl-f, "inventory_quantity"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Looks like the vinyl release has been pushed back. store.nin.com now has it listed for a "spring 2017" release. . .

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    From Invada records newsletter:

Before The Flood Original Soundtrack: Test Pressings Approved, CD & Vinyl Coming Soon!

We are ecstatic to announce that test pressings for this beautiful score have been approved, and production is currently underway for the release. Expect a release date announcement VERY SOON! The score is currently available on digital platforms worldwide through our partners Lakeshore Records.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm excited that the email specifies a CD release.