Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Avatar 2--The Way of h2O

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

I enjoyed the first movie. I didn't love it, but I liked it. I had zero interest in seeing a sequel, but I kind of want to see this. I've heard that Cameron has several sequels lined-up. I am already sick of this franchise.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ah but did you know there are like 15 ways to see this movie? there's an entire thread on r/portland about the best place to watch it because of the many variants.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    There's something obnoxious about this.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This is quite funny about its lack of cultural impact. Personally I didn’t like Titanic except the visuals and some of the stories in the second half of the film, and it sent Cameron right up his own backside. Not watched anything since. Loved Terminator films, True Lies, Aliens
    Last edited by WorzelG; 12-17-2022 at 03:02 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, it is definitely better than the first one. I even cried a little. They did really a good job with the pacing. It doesn't feel as long as it really is. Weaver's character is uncanny at times, but pretty much on par with any mocap character played by Serkis.

If I had to describe the movie without giving any spoilers, I'd say that this movie is as much a rundown of James Cameron's greatest hits as Twin Peaks Return is of David Lynch's.
    Last edited by stankeybearlover; 12-17-2022 at 04:00 AM. Reason: grmmr

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    This is quite funny about its lack of cultural impact. Personally I didn’t like Titanic except the visuals and some of the stories in the second half of the film, and it sent Cameron right up his own backside. Not watched anything since. Loved Terminator films, True Lies, Aliens
    IKR. I can sort of remember the story and visuals, but none of the characters/actors. Compare Avatar with a movie like E.T.

Also, adjusted for inflation, Gone With the Wind is the highest grossing film.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    The Abyss is a classic, too.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I enjoyed the first movie. I didn't love it, but I liked it. I had zero interest in seeing a sequel, but I kind of want to see this. I've heard that Cameron has several sequels lined-up. I am already sick of this franchise.
    How is the script? I found the first one to be stunning visually but the script was so bad that I can't watch it again. Grade Z sci-fi, totally generic. I haven't been to a theater since before COVID & was thinking about going but if the script is bad I probably won't do it. That's a long movie. You can't pause in the theater, haha.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    How is the script? I found the first one to be stunning visually but the script was so bad that I can't watch it again. Grade Z sci-fi, totally generic. I haven't been to a theater since before COVID & was thinking about going but if the script is bad I probably won't do it. That's a long movie. You can't pause in the theater, haha.
    I didn't see the new film yet. I agree that the story for the first movie was pretty generic, could have been used for Buck Rogers.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    The Abyss is a classic, too.
    Yes it is. But did you know that Cameron was such an asshole to the actors on set, pushing them so hard that a few of them almost drowned. That includes Ed Harris who, after an especially harrowing day of underwater filming that turned into a nightmare, had to stop his car on the way home because he couldn't stop crying?

Freaking Ed Harris! He refuses to talk about the movie to this day.

I've never seen Avatar. I have no intention of seeing Avatar and its sequel. It has zero appeal to me. Meh.