Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 2068

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Think I just saw a major spoiler for episode 23 tonight….

Spoiler: Rosita dies.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    23's on AMC+

So...we have to wait till the 20th/21st for the finale to be on AMC+ ?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Think I just saw a major spoiler for episode 23 tonight….

Spoiler: Rosita dies.
    Welp, that was a false spoiler.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    23's on AMC+

So...we have to wait till the 20th/21st for the finale to be on AMC+ ?
    Really? Fuck.

Also, Negan saying “what the fuck?” to the climbing walker… LOL.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @versusreality , did you determine if that's the case? No finale episode next week?

Also,

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    yes, nov 20 the finale airs live on tv and amc+

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    yes, nov 20 the finale airs live on tv and amc+
    Pretty smart on their part actually to air it at the same time.

elevenism -

https://deadline.com/2022/11/clemenc...yl-1235164099/

EXCLUSIVE: Clémence Poésy (The Essex Serpent) and Adam Nagaitis (Chernobyl) are set as leads opposite Norman Reedus in The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon, AMC’s spinoff from its flagship drama.

This marks British actor Nagatis’ return to AMC where he previously starred in The Terror.

Set after the series conclusion of TWD, the Reedus-led offshoot finds the zombie apocalypse fan favorite transported across the Atlantic to France and a whole new level of a world gone mad.

French actor Poesy will play the female lead Isabelle, a member of a progressive religious group, who joins forces with Daryl (Reedus) on a journey across France and finds herself confronting her dark past in Paris.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Norman Reedus says 'everybody dies' in The Walking Dead series finale

Lauren Cohan, Josh McDermitt, Melissa McBride, and more also share teasers about the finale, and we’re pretty sure at least they are telling the truth.

https://ew.com/tv/walking-dead-final...verybody-dies/

Greg Nicotero (finale director, executive producer)

"We really wanted to pull The Walking Dead back into a season 1, 2, 3 vibe. We really wanted to make sure that the walker threat was real, that the stakes were high, and that they needed to do what they could do to save their community. There's a lot of emotion, there's some fantastic moments, there's some fun action scenes. And we even kind of upped the gore a little bit more than we usually do, which I know a lot of people like. So I do think that it feels like a bit of a throwback episode because it's propulsive and it's nonstop and it really just keeps going. And then, all of a sudden, you get to this moment where you are forced to feel something, and I'm pretty proud of it."

Scott M. Gimple (chief content officer, executive producer)

"There's a lot of shock in it. There's a lot of tension in it. I think they might feel angry on behalf of our characters. It's a frigging intense finale. It just goes, goes, goes. You could compare some aspects of it to, I believe, the second episode of season 6 with the Wolves. It has a certain intensity that just goes, goes, goes. And then there are these moments of pain, but there are moments of beauty and recognition of the journey and of love.

"TWD family is something that's been said many, many times and it's real. And I include the fans in that wholeheartedly because you go this long and constantly caring and worried about and standing side by side with these characters. And it's the type of show you turn off, you want to talk to someone and you want to connect with someone."
    Last edited by Erneuert; 11-09-2022 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Finally watched episode 22 last night. Nice to see everyone finally gearing up to fight! Cool blood-eye-pull zombie bite from Rosita on the red-headed Commonwealth dude.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Hi all - I’ve been away too long - I’ve been keeping up with the show and I apologize if this had been covered but I’m sorry - I just can’t see how they’re going to wrap up the flagship show in two episodes. I have the not so sneaking suspicion that it’s going to be disappointment. I see them wrapping up the current story line with the commonwealth, but…that’s it. That’ll be the finale.

It kind of makes me sad because I think for the past decade when we all imagined what this finale would be like…..it wasn’t…whatever this is.

Where do we go from here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Hi all - I’ve been away too long - I’ve been keeping up with the show and I apologize if this had been covered but I’m sorry - I just can’t see how they’re going to wrap up the flagship show in two episodes. I have the not so sneaking suspicion that it’s going to be disappointment. I see them wrapping up the current story line with the commonwealth, but…that’s it. That’ll be the finale.

It kind of makes me sad because I think for the past decade when we all imagined what this finale would be like…..it wasn’t…whatever this is.

Where do we go from here?

You're spot on. The comics ended with The Commonwealth, and the final issue of the comic was titled Rest In Peace (akin to the finale episode title).

It's more of a finale for the comic book version of things. Everything else will continue on through Dead City (Negan & Maggie spin-off), the Daryl spin-off set in France and the spin-off with Rick and Michonne.

"Hey TWD, you're ending?!"

"yes, but no."

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    You're spot on. The comics ended with The Commonwealth, and the final issue of the comic was titled Rest In Peace (akin to the finale episode title).

It's more of a finale for the comic book version of things. Everything else will continue on through Dead City (Negan & Maggie spin-off), the Daryl spin-off set in France and the spin-off with Rick and Michonne.

"Hey TWD, you're ending?!"

"yes, but no."
    I didn’t read the comics but I do know about the last book and how it was another time jump when walkers weren’t such a threat anymore. Would like to see something like that - that’s what I mean - it was still in the book but I doubt we’ll get it.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I didn’t read the comics but I do know about the last book and how it was another time jump when walkers weren’t such a threat anymore. Would like to see something like that - that’s what I mean - it was still in the book but I doubt we’ll get it.

Yeah, that would be ideal. But I don't think they can do that with the spin-offs on the way. Plus Fear TWD still going strong.

I wish they'd end it how it began: with Rick and Morgan.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    It's Spoiler: Luke.

https://screenrant.com/walking-dead-...eath-spoilers/

Walking Dead Series Finale Death Spoiler Seemingly Revealed In Removed Image

BYNICK BYTHROW
    PUBLISHED 3 HOURS AGO

A now-removed promotional image from AMC for The Walking Dead series finale seemingly reveals a major character will face their certain doom.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @ItsChrisRoss -

https://deadline.com/2022/11/walking...te-1235170153/

DEADLINE: And will the finale set up the spinoffs or are they separate beasts?
    KANG: It’s a little of both. The approach we took was like we’ve got to close this chapter in some way, but it’s closing a chapter with leaving a door open. But that said, I believe…well, I know in one case, like, without saying too much, the Daryl spinoff is going to start with like a big twist, and I’m pretty sure Maggie/Negan does too, so it’s not necessarily going to be exactly what you expect from this to that.

DEADLINE: My understanding is that the spinoffs occur after what is the end of TWD the mother show. They’re not alternative universes, they’re not side stories of, oh, this is what happened when Daryl went away for several years and got a dog.
    GIMPLE: They aren’t that. I mean I won’t get into it in my circumspect fashion, but a couple of things in the story may be parallel because of certain narrative reasons.
    However, it isn’t like, oh, The Walking Dead you watched was totally different or something like that if you didn’t know it. You’re right. They’re different stories featuring characters you love. My goal and Angela’s goal for The Walking Dead was to give the audience a sense of completion, a satisfying ending, but Dominic, you’re right. It is a different ending. It is not as conclusive as say a Six Feet Under.

I look upon it as this incredible, exciting, intense, thematic conclusion to The Walking Dead story. Even in that conclusion, yeah, we’re tipping the hat towards the future a little bit. But emotionally it’s all Walking Dead.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    ^^ That's kind of annoying, no? Why do a spin-off if you're not going to continue the storyline?

I watched episode 23 last night. My heart sank when Spoiler: Judith got shot. It would be so sad if she dies. @Erneuert I'm not looking at your spoiler of who dies.
    I really don't know how they're going to wrap this up in one episode left!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Heath just disappeared without a trace and no one went looking for him all those seasons ago, lol.

Last edited by Erneuert; 11-20-2022 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    T minus 4 hours and 15 minutes to go!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    50 minutes! Please don't suck!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I am ready to have my heart broken and to be massively disappointed

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Is Andy Lincoln not at the live event??? How messed up would that be and why would they do that??

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Is Andy Lincoln not at the live event??? How messed up would that be and why would they do that??

They'll probably bring him out as a surprise right at the end.

I can't watch until like 6 or 7 hours from now. Spoiler tags please!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    They'll probably bring him out as a surprise right at the end.

I can't watch until like 6 or 7 hours from now. Spoiler tags please!
    Sorry! I need to remember how to do them LOL.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Sorry! I need to remember how to do them LOL.

lol, that's ok. Not now, I mean spoiler tags after the episode airs.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I've been watching since the very beginning and I also read the entire comic series. Hell, I even have The Walking Dead pinball machine.

Despite a couple of minor gripes, the final episode far exceeded my expectations. I cried several times. LOVED IT.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The two exchanges between Maggie and Negan really got me. Really great to see.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Overall I enjoyed it - but I didn’t get the one thing that a series finale was supposed to provide, which is closure. It’s why we watch these shows - and it’s why Showtime had to bring back Dexter last year for one additional season.

It makes me wonder if we will ever get the ending of the comics - I didn’t read the comics but I know about the massive time jump - and what we all really want is just a little bit of closure.

I think once I see Ricks story thru to the end, I’ll have a bit of that closure I’m seeking. Until then, while it wasn’t a bad finale, I don’t think it had the makings of a TRUE finale either.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    pretty much agree 100% with Chris

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    wait, where was Negan during that final montage? They showed Maggie but we only heard Negan’s voice.

Sucks that Rosita had to go.

What did Michonne mean when she was saying to Rick she knows his brother is out there and they will find him?