Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2068

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Wow tonight’s episode in my opinion, hands down one of the best in years. This season is fucking good.
    Right?!
    It was fucking GREAT. it's a shame that so many former fans are missing this season.
    If this showrunner can keep up this level of quality for a few more seasons, and weave them in and out of the movies, this thing could go out on a LOVELY high note.
    i hope that's what they do, and continue the story with a spin-off. Apparently, there's already at least ONE in the works.

But, yeah, i never expected this show to have symbolism, powerful thematic elements, foreshadowing, dramatic irony, great dialogue etc.- at least, not all of those things at ONCE. Episodes like last night's REALLY elevate the show, to a height i honestly never expected to see. I'm honestly excited going forward, and not just excited "despite" or "in spite of" something that wasn't working.
    This might be my favorite season, and i damn sure didn't expect that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Me after the final speech of last night's outstanding episode:

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    So I totally expected Ezekiel to die at the fair, and Rosita, and someone from the new group, and I was wrong.
    But hey, I called Henry and Enid. 40% :/

here's what I'm thinking, though: there will be one more big character death in the finale...maybe?
    That would be just like this show, to have you think your favorite character is safe and THEN kill her off.

I HOPE Ezekiel doesn't die in the finale, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Or, MAYBE, they've decided to slow their roll on killing off major characters, what with Andy, Lauren C, and Danai G leaving.

Like, killing Jesus off was a bad idea, I think.

I expected the pike lineup to be a LOT more hardcore. Maybe they wanna conserve characters at this point, and maybe that's why it wasn't.

BUT, I STILL think Ezekiel or Rosita could die in the finale

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    God DAMN I love Negan after that episode!

Dog better shit gold nuggets... haha

And who was that on the radio at the end? Rick? It sounded feminine though.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    God DAMN I love Negan after that episode!

Dog better shit gold nuggets... haha

And who was that on the radio at the end? Rick? It sounded feminine though.
    I can spoil who is on the radio based on what happened with that plot point the comics, but I don't know if you guys would necessarily want that. Lemme know.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I can spoil who is on the radio based on what happened with that plot point the comics, but I don't know if you guys would necessarily want that. Lemme know.
    Sure, in spoiler tags please.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Don't know how to do that, so I'll let someone else post the comic book storyline so I don't screw this up and ruin it for someone.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Spoiler: If we are following the comics, the woman on the radio is Stephanie, and she will start up a long-running conversation with Eugene that will eventually lead to the introduction of a new community, a huge one, the Commonwealth. Just when you think Rick’s group has set up a pretty solid, sizable community, the Commonwealth is revealed, a 50,000 person strong community so large they actually have a stadium with football games.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Negan was the best part in the episode! "Father, Not the Father."

The snow zombies were cool too, surprised winter weather hasn't really been shown before in previous seasons.

Overall I felt like it was a good episode, but not something to end a season with. It felt kind of empty handed after seeing the previous episode with the ending of the heads on sticks. Last week's episode should've been the finale.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Yeah, but man, you KNOW how far the show deviates from the comics, ESPECIALLY now.

I'm thinking that whoever is on the radio is probably the thing that sends Michonne looking for Rick, since, I GOTTA believe that's how she's written out of the show, and that she appears in one of those Rick movies.

So, unless said community, and wherever Rick went, are one and the same, I'd be more inclined to think that it's Jadis on the radio, among other possibilities. It could also be Maggie.

Since season ten pretty much HAS to be the whisperer war, I feel like it's gotta be either someone who could help with that (like Maggie,) or, again, someone who sets up the movies (Jadis.)

My money is actually on Jadis.

But, who knows? My predictions, of late, have been wrong.

Edit: these groups/places COULD be one and the same, for sure - perhaps aforementioned community is where Maggie went, and, maybe Rick and Jadis. And maybe, radio voice IS who helps with the war, AND sets up the movies, AND introduces that community.

Hey. Btw:is it just me, or was there a badass connection between comic Carol and TV Lydia, in episode 16?
    I think it was intentional: TV Carol saves comic Carol, (represented by Lydia,) from what comic Carol did. It might sound like a stretch, but, I sincerely think that's what they were going for.

Edit 2: omg, I'm a total fucking nerd, and spend WAY too much time thinking about this shit. :/
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-04-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Who gets to kill Alpha? some want Negan to, i would actually love to see Lydia bash her brains in. This show gets my mind into some morbid areas lol

Also i like the idea of Carol maybe getting to mentor Lydia and maybe be a better mother figure for her. For a moment in the finale i thought Lydia would wind up in some real danger and that Carol might actually sacrifice herself to save her thinking of what Henry might have wanted.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Who gets to kill Alpha? some want Negan to, i would actually love to see Lydia bash her brains in. This show gets my mind into some morbid areas lol

Also i like the idea of Carol maybe getting to mentor Lydia and maybe be a better mother figure for her. For a moment in the finale i thought Lydia would wind up in some real danger and that Carol might actually sacrifice herself to save her thinking of what Henry might have wanted.
    Lydia would be dope AF. I wanted to see LYDIA die in 15, to show how much Alpha doesn't give a fuck.

Here's another prediction, @thelastdisciple : Alpha kills Ezekiel early in season 10. This causes Carol to go hardcore , badass, idgaf Carol, and SHE kills Alpha. Side note: IDGAF Legola...I mean, Carol...cutz.her hair before going to kill Alpha.

Negan leaves and infiltrates the whisperers. None of Our Heroes know where he is, but WE do (or not.)
    Beta is JUUUUUUST about to kill Daryl, and a whisperer saves him, at the last possible minute, with...LUCILLE!!!
    Daryl is like "WHAT THE FUCK? Why does this whisperer have Lucille, and why in the FUCK did he kill BETA?!" And then, the whisperer removes his mask, revealing himself to be negan, which DAMN near completes his redemption arc. (He risked his life to save Judith, which changed Michonne's view of N, but Daryl will need more convincing.)

These are my predictions. I hope SOME of it is right.

Fuck. There's SO much more I wanna say. Again, I've become a total TWD nerd. But I don't wanna keep posting fucking essays.

Lemme say one more thing, though.
    9x16 included Negan in the same bed he was STRAPPED to in season 8 finale.I obviously caught THAT: N brought it up. But, Mrs elevenoe , aka Sheap, caught the rest:
    He was, again, healed by Sidddiq (sp, sorry.) And Michonne talked to him. BUT, in season 8 finale, Dr S thought N was a piece of shit, and ONLY saved him because Rick asked him to do it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but dr S was, at LEAST, ambivalent this time around. AND, Michonne talked to him in both finales. But, this time, M THANKED N for saving Judith. And, instead of talking shit to a tied up Negan, she opened up to an untied negan.
    Negan redemption arc is coming, for SURE. I'd DAMN sure put money on THAT

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Wait - who was the enemy from within mentioned in the finale description?

“In the aftermath of an overwhelming loss, the communities must brave a ferocious blizzard; as one group deals with an enemy from within, another is forced to make a life or death decision.”

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Lydia?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    lol, I was expecting a big traitor reveal or something.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Wait - who was the enemy from within mentioned in the finale description?

“In the aftermath of an overwhelming loss, the communities must brave a ferocious blizzard; as one group deals with an enemy from within, another is forced to make a life or death decision.”
    yeah, I've been wondering about that, too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Jeez, AMC has greenlit a THIRD Walking Dead series.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Noooooo

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Jeez, AMC has greenlit a THIRD Walking Dead series.
    What will they call it? Really Fear The Walking Dead?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Been watching this show forever. Its gotten pretty mediocre recently and I honestly 100% feel that they are not giving their BEST character enough screen time (Negan). Wish he would get more, maybe he will with his (hopefully) upcoming involvement with the group.

The reality is, I only still watch this show because I have already invested so much time in it. Its like waiting for a table at a restaurant. After you wait 45 minutes or an hour, do you leave because you are hungry, or do you hold out because you ALREADY waited so long?

I hold out. And hope that my meal is worth the wait.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Been watching this show forever. Its gotten pretty mediocre recently and I honestly 100% feel that they are not giving their BEST character enough screen time (Negan). Wish he would get more, maybe he will with his (hopefully) upcoming involvement with the group.

The reality is, I only still watch this show because I have already invested so much time in it. Its like waiting for a table at a restaurant. After you wait 45 minutes or an hour, do you leave because you are hungry, or do you hold out because you ALREADY waited so long?

I hold out. And hope that my meal is worth the wait.
    Absolutely agree. I swear, if we keep getting Fr Gabriel scenes...

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    See, i disagree @ItsChrisRoss and @Erneuert .

I wasn't very happy with 7 and 8, but 9 is my favorite season so far.
    To each their own and such.

as far as the 3rd Walking Dead spinoff, from what i understand, they're looking to roll this thing till the wheels fall off.
    I've heard there will be more spinoffs, limited series, one off specials, movies, etc.
    They're gonna try to make a TWD universe like Star Wars or Marvel, and, i think, use this content to sell subscriptions to their AMC premium service.

If the content is as good as season 9, then fuck it, i'm down.

I've got my fingers crossed that they've fixed FTWD.

I wanna see TWD, Fear, and these Rick movies dovetail into something badass.

But yeah: they're thinking long term. You can bet your bottom dollar, for instance, that, one day, there will be a show about Rick Jr and Judith and Hershel etc, as teens, or in their 20s.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    @elevenism - Sorry, I was just agreeing with the Negan needing more screen time part. I loved season 9 too.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 04-10-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Epic FTWD twist - Erron Black from Mortal Kombat X / 11 ends up being John Dorie when he’s unmasked?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    This is gold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Aaaand Spoiler: they killed Rick off in the comics!

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...-death-comics/

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    So apparently issue 193 is going to be the end of The Walking Dead comics -

https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/07/02/the-walking-dead-comic-to-end-with-issue-193

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Won't be able to comment until i get the trade in august/september, so everyone here please be careful for me!