Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    all rook same
    "Moshi moshi, Grenn-desu!"

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Completely unrelated - Anyone who thinks that Steven Yeun played Short Round in Indiana Jones is completely wrong. THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK SIMILAR. And I'm pretty sure Steven is like, 10 or 15 years younger than that dude.

Yeah, Steven was about two years old when The Temple of Doom was even released.
    Even worse... thousands of people share and like that stupid collage picture that is floating around facebook. People will believe anything, while Google is a freaking click away from any answer you need.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    So the Beth character is around 18 then?

Jesus people. It's the goddamned zombie apocalypse. There are no laws that tell you how to act. You have to figure out your own moral code. That's one of the huge points of this show. People HAVE to make their own choices and not fall back on some continent-wide authority figure. Fuck, most of the characters have even given up on their god.

Guess what, she was "under age" when she drank too.
    I couldn't care less if she drank at 14 in the zombie apocalypse but I wouldn't root for a grown ass man to take advantage of a drunk child. That's just creepy.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    So the Beth character is around 18 then?

I couldn't care less if she drank at 14 in the zombie apocalypse but I wouldn't root for a grown ass man to take advantage of a drunk child. That's just creepy.
    And my point is: what makes you say she is a child? There is a lot more to being an adult than the age limit created by a government that no longer exists. A large part of the recent episodes were touching on this very issue.

What if she initiated? What if it happened before they started drinking or after they sobered up? I'd point out that GA's age of consent is 16, but it doesn't matter. Carl is out there taking care of himself and his dad while kicking zombie ass... He is younger than Beth by a few years. How long before he hooks up with someone? A lot of the kids are growing up way faster than you would see before the apocalypse.

The Beth & Daryl topic produces some interesting responses and it is really interesting to dig in and analyze when that happens.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I find that I enjoy the episodes where we get more than one group's story line. That episode was heart wrenching. Loved it.

Those guys with Daryl are the ones that were in the house when Rick was under the bed, no?

Where is Beth?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I find that I enjoy the episodes where we get more than one group's story line. That episode was heart wrenching. Loved it.

Those guys with Daryl are the ones that were in the house when Rick was under the bed, no?

Where is Beth?
    Yes! I just remembered that. Those guys are bad new bears.

Beth sped off to who knows where. I thought she might pull over and wait for Daryl? I guess if your scared shitless like that you don't think about stopping.
    Last edited by Michalrose; 03-13-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I got the impression that someone else was driving that car. You thought it was Beth behind the wheel? I was thinking she was kidnapped because of her bag being left behind. Hmmm

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    yeah i thought it was pretty obvious that she didn't go willingly..why would she have just drove off without daryl? doesn't seem like her.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hmmm....I didn't consider her getting kidnapped. Was there a car just sitting there out front with keys in it that would start up immediately? Not likely.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Good episode tonight. It's another one that's on the slower side of the spectrum, but it's got some heavy stuff. We get answers, too.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Fantastic episode. So far, this story is alot more interesting than the others.

Also, they are getting pretty close to catching up. Hopefully the issues start another arc by the time the next season hits.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Fantastic episode. So far, this story is alot more interesting than the others.

Also, they are getting pretty close to catching up. Hopefully the issues start another arc by the time the next season hits.
    They aren't getting that close I don't think, are they? I haven't seen tonight's episode but they could easily do next season or at least the first half of next season as them all together on the road plus Fear the Hunters. Then Alexandria would take 2-3 seasons I think including Negan.

A new arc in the comic is definitely starting soon though I think. There's like one or two issues left of the current one and something big is going to happen.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    That was a rough one tonight, probably the hardest one for me to watch throughout the series. Damn.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    THIS is what the show needs more of - more things that make everyone in the room watching the show actually be disturbed by what's happening. I really enjoyed that. It was a bit of a slow burn, but in a good way. My roommate's girlfriend even pointed out it was a straight-up homage to Of Mice and Men. Good episode!

I was really surprised by Carol admitting to burning the bodies at the prison, too. I was even more impressed with Tyreese's reaction, though. The right combination of shock and sadness and anger, but in light of him hopping on board with "taking care" of Lizzie, he must have fully understood why Carol had to do what she did to Karen and David.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Wow I didn't see that coming.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    that was a crazy but great episode. I was definitely uncomfortable for most of it. I didn't see the Mika part coming at all. I didn't think it was a slow episode at all. I totally had nightmares because of it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i think im jaded on the walking dead. i felt like i saw every turn coming last night, especially the "pet the bunny george" ending in the flowers. i literally quoted that line during the commercial break to my wife. that coupled with what my wife related the whole episode to in the comics kinda ruined the ending for us.

i liked the cinematography of the episode though, especially the confession scene between carol and tyrese.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Did I miss something or did Carol and tyrese abandon the baby? Neither of them were carrying her in the final scene...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I believe she was strapped to his back. Which caused me to laugh during a serious moment.

Well, not that serious but still.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    that coupled with what my wife related the whole episode to in the comics kinda ruined the ending for us.
    Huh? How did the comic connect to this episode?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Huh? How did the comic connect to this episode?
    Spoiler: The two kids who were on the road with the group before Fear the Hunters I think. One killed the other one in a van or something and then Carl snuck in and killed him in the night. Not exactly the same, but still the same base of kids growing up wrong in the apocalypse with fratricide.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    Spoiler: The two kids who were on the road with the group before Fear the Hunters I think. One killed the other one in a van or something and then Carl snuck in and killed him in the night. Not exactly the same, but still the same base of kids growing up wrong in the apocalypse with fratricide.
    holy shit, i forgot all about that!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That latest episode would have been awesome if I cared about those characters at all but I was wanting Carol to kill the older sister before she even went full physco.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    That latest episode would have been awesome if I cared about those characters at all but I was wanting Carol to kill the older sister before she even went full physco.
    haha same here.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    so here's my prediction for sunday. on the part of daryl, he'll kill part of the group of his new buddies for crossing 'lines', they'll show a teaser towards the end of where beth is (hopefully as a zombie but not likely) abraham and that group will be addressed and left out hanging (as per usual) and it will address the other groups, in the last 10 minutes, still walking toward terminus.

any thoughts?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Those crispy walkers last week were pretty badass!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So one of the zombies in the tunnel looked like Bub from the day of the dead movie

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Prediction: cannibalism is a part of what's going down at Terminus.