Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    More than likely yes.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    The best!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Well, there you have it. Rick, Daryl, and Glenn all die in the next season. CONFIRMED.

But really, the new season looks pretty interesting. I'm finally creeping past the post-Governor stuff in the comics, so hopefully I'll stick to it and get caught up before the season starts up. Oh yeah, and because I know I'm not the only one who loves finding the music they use in promos for this show, the song in the trailer is "Serpents" by Sharon Van Etten (and features Aaron and Bryce Dessner from The National!)

Also - MACON! I'm really hoping for some kind of appearance by Lee and/or Clementine in the series. Maybe they don't need to be IN the show, but a nod would suffice, and could generate a lot of buzz, given the success of the Telltale Studios game. (Still can't believe how awful the Activision game looks. Thank God Telltale made the first move, otherwise nobody would've played their game, purely out of fear.)
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 07-21-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

You forgot the best part about this October: TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE COMIC! I'm hoping for something awesome. Fall 2013 is supposed to be season 2 of Telltale's game too.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

TWD overload! I better disconnect my creditcard from everything so I don't accidentally buy a giant TWD machete that shows up at my work because of some single-click purchase crap... again.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm FINALLY making headway on the comics. Working at the library and having access to them all really helps! Don't know why I didn't think to look in their graphic novel section before - It's huuuge!

I'm on book 14, at the part where Spoiler: the herd is surrounding Alexandria, and the truck blocking the falling wall just gave way.

DAMN, I love this story. The show isn't nearly as good, but for what it is, I really enjoy it. I just wish the show could get away with some of the things in the comics.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

The worst part is when you have to wait for the monthly release. I flew through the first 90 or so in a few weeks. Now the wait is horrible and the intensity doesn't carry over quite as well.

I do recommend reading the letters sections at the end. Not only does it stretch it out longer but there is random bits of cool info and it let's you know about special things that will come in the future. They do some crazy shit on the various milestones and "something big will happen" releases. Skimming only the answers (and skipping the questions) is usually sufficient.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just got through watching the Season 4 trailer again. I loved the part near the end. Where everyone was like "Holy shit was that a radio broadcast? ." It really got to me actually. I can't wait for season 4. My favorite Character is still Daryl, he's great. Anyway, until Season 4 rolls around, i'm going to rewatch the previous seasons again. October needs to get here faster.
    Last edited by theburningreptile; 08-29-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Received season 3 on DVD the other day from amazon. Le sexy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Wow - I just finished watching this up to what is out. Great show and now am eager for 4th season. That governor needs to (in the words of Happy) 'die, like a LOT' Can't stand that guy.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...webisodes-now/

Watch Greg Nicotero's "The Walking Dead: The Oath" Webisodes NOW!

AMC’s award-winning “The Walking Dead” webisode series has officially returned!
    AMC has released all three episodes of “The Walking Dead: The Oath”, which was executive-produced, directed and conceived by Greg Nicotero.
    In the three-part series, the lone survivors of a massive walker attack speed across the countryside, frantically searching for an aid station, as one of them slowly bleeds out from a wound.
    Ashley Bell (The Day, The Last Exorcism 2), Wyatt Russell and Ellen Greene star.
    In the first part of The Oath – “Alone,” Paul and Karina escape their ravaged and overrun camp, but a mortal injury sends them on an urgent mission to find medical help.
    In the second part of The Oath — “Choice,” Karina encounters an unexpected survivor in the medical facility as Paul’s health deteriorates.
    In the third and final part of The Oath — “Bond,” Karina and Paul are forced to make life and death choices.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Burned through the first two seasons just finished the second one today. Like i said in the WAYW thread this show has officially got me by the balls. I'm gonna have to get the third season somehow and catch up so i have something to watch when season 4 starts up.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Can't wait for season 4! Almost time!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i liked the nod to Macon from the game and am interested to see where that goes. can't say i thought it was a great episode though..seemed like they tried a bit too hard to make it over the top for the return but just kinda fell flat. too many lingering shots on the zombies in an attempt to up the gore factor. also Spoiler: surprised there are animals since kirkman has said there won't be any in the comics

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    i liked the nod to Macon from the game and am interested to see where that goes. can't say i thought it was a great episode though..seemed like they tried a bit too hard to make it over the top for the return but just kinda fell flat. too many lingering shots on the zombies in an attempt to up the gore factor. also Spoiler: surprised there are animals since kirkman has said there won't be any in the comics
    I pretty much agree with this. I like the comics a lot so I keep watching the show, and I was able to deal with how they fucked Andrea because there are a lot of other interesting things they've done with characters, but this episode just seemed kind of off and if the rest of the season continues this way I may lose interest in the show even though I've stuck around this long. Partly it's the directing I think. It kept awkwardly switching between Rick and the Irish lady (Which I wasn't a fan of really but I get why they had that little storyline) and ball-slapping zombie action at the bulk store. I feel like if the entire section where the zombies were falling through was one continuous scene it would have been fine but they kept switching back and forth and cutting to commercial and it just fucked it for me.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Have I mentioned that I work for a company that does the merchandising for The Walking Dead?

Here... Enter this contest and win some free swag.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

US only boo

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    For a season premier it was pretty dull. It's like they put a mid season filler episode in the beginning.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Just finished the latest issue. I wonder if the show will have Neeeeegan.

But seeing how the show toned down the Governor, I dont know if anyone cares.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I kind of liked that they started with a "where are they now", slower episode. But they will definitely have to amp it up at some point.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So what's the deal? The animals are infected and that kid with the glasses ate at the BBQ hence why he turned?

Didn't Daryl eat there too? He licked his fingers then shook the kid's hand...

oh noes

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Also didn't realize this until now:

After returning to the prison, Daryl informs Beth of Zach's death. She then resets the tally she was keeping of days without accidents. Patrick, who wasn't feeling well earlier, is seen coughing heavily as he goes to the showers. After a few seconds, he then collapses on the floor and reanimates soon after with the same bleeding eyes as the walker in the beginning.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yeah, looks like there's some virus that could be just as lethal as zombies if an outbreak occurs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Yeah, looks like there's some virus that could be just as lethal as zombies if an outbreak occurs.
    They never did explain how every living person got infected. I feel like this might possibly tie in.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    From Robert Kirkman:
    Pulling in a new threat in your fourth season, I think, is a good thing. Also, it’s important to know that this is really just some form of the Spanish Flu. It’s something that exists in our everyday world now; it’s a time where there is no modern medicine. Scott Gimple, the new showrunner, really wanted to explore that new possibility of the simple things, the really little things, coming to devastate these people. That’s what we’re going to explore. At the end, when Patrick dies, you realize that this is not an isolated incident. [Rick’s] pig is dead, we see the walker at the fence … it’s a ticking time bomb. Now, all of a sudden, [the virus is] right in the middle of the prison. We set up some great beats. Norman [Reedus, as Daryl] set up a great beat when he licks his fingers then shakes Patrick’s hand. You look at it and go, ‘Wait a minute, Daryl licked his fingers and shook Patrick’s hand and now Patrick is [dead].

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Last night's ending, omg!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    past 2 episodes have been tremendously rushed imo. there's been too many implied story points that I only realized after being explicitly explained them through Talking Dead. poor start to the season so far imo

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Last night's ending, omg!
    *nicolas cage voice*

HOW'D THEY GET BURNED? HOW'D THEY GET BURNED, HOW'D THEY GET BUURRRRNED?!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just have to say that Rick tearing down his farm, then wasting gasoline to burn it was the stupidest moment on the show for me. Why would he waste precious gas and wood for symbolism?