Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nothing

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    New song 'Bernie Sanders'

Dominic Palermo said of the song,
    "Originally, it was about being lost in Japan... both figuratively, and literally. While searching relentlessly for an answer, you typically find yourself unearthing deeper meaning and often prompting more questions. By the end of it all you don't even know if you were ever lost at all or if you were exactly where you were supposed to be the whole time. I really don't even know what it means anymore."
    Last edited by Soma; 09-29-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Vinyl copy arrived today, which is surprising since I think the street date is the 30th? Excited to give it a spin!

*edit: if you're put off by the album cover, just wait until you see even more of the dude on the inside art lol. This album is amazing. The shoegaze elements of the band are turned up to 11, especially on the back half. I'm hearing influences or things reminiscent of everything from mbv to weezer to hum, with some daysleepers in there too. There's a lot of melody on top of the walls of sound.

It's hard to pick a favorite track, but probably In Blueberry Memories. I'm very, very, very happy with this album.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 10-26-2020 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^Sooo happy I got in on that white, grey, magenta splatter!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Oh well what the heck eddie. I ordered the rainbow because it looked more interesting than the metallic one.

and wtf at them telling you there's a clear version? lol
    100 x Clear (Not available to the public - Friends of band and label only)

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    lmao "5-year anniversary" vinyl. The bar just keeps lowering for this vinyl reissue trend..

I already own one of the OG colored pressings, but what the hell I'll buy this again because 1.) it has an unreleased demo, 2.) the aged artwork thing is cool as fuck for something like this, and 3.) it's still my favorite album they've released (though The Great Dismal comes very, very close)..

Purists whinged to the high heavens about this one when it came out, too..

"It's too poppy! Dominic can't sing! There's pink in the album design...pansies!!"

Then DOTBT came out and was and still is perfectly awesome and everyone complained about that one, too. People just complain to complain about everything anymore. We're a very unhappy society over here in America. I hope Nothing writes an entire album about it on their next one..

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tell us how you really feel.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Haha fair enough.