Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
what did you think of doctor sleep? i'm dying to watch the director's cut but every time i ask sarah she's not in the mood (she's the big stephen king fan; we saw the theatrical in the theater together).
I'd avoid the theatrical cut and only watch the director's cut. I absolutely love Kubrick's The Shining, which is definitely in my top 5 films ever made. When I heard the idea of a Doctor Sleep sequel book, I thought it was frigging stupid. I'm not really a fan of King's writing, but I did love The Green Mile book, which is a film I also love. I tried to read Doctor Sleep and just wasn't into it. But I thought the movie was actually pretty damn good. A part of me wishes they expanded the film even further and made it into a mini series instead of a film. I think they could've dived more into Abra, more into Dan's time at the old folks home, and especially the True Knot. A 6 part, 1 hour each mini series would've been great. More time to help flesh out all the characters even more. This is why I prefer the Director's Cut, which I saw first. There were some things about the last 15 minutes I loved and some that I felt could've been handled better. But, overall, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Doctor Sleep. I didn't go into it with high hopes. And I must say, they did an amazing job with all the actors they got to play roles from the original movie. I'm glad they didn't try to use digital characters or some crap. Jack, Wendy, and Halorann... just wow. I thought I was going to be turned off by this, but they nailed them, and it's way better than trying to pull some Tarkin/Carrie Fisher Rogue One/Rise Of Skywalker crap.