Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heavy Thread. Deathcore, Black Metal, Metalcore and all things HEAVY

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I'm gonna have to miss Oathbreaker's show in NYC this Saturday night. Have a thing I can't skip instead. Really sucks b/c next time they come around it will for sure be at a bigger venue. They are the hot up & coming "underground" heavy act at the moment.

As far as your plugs, do you wear the nice, custom ones? In that case, yeah you're stuck. But what I find works well is a good, not-too-thick, pair of generic one that u can have some leeway with. Generally I just keep them barely covering my ear canal, only twisted a tiny bit into the canal. It'll cut out the most extreme noise that will leave your ears ringing after the show, but still keeps me fully involved in the show.
    i was wearing just some shitty foam ones. i've never gotten custom ones, but i really want to get sensaphonics. should have gotten them when i was an audio student and could have gotten a discount!

side note:

new album out now!

everson poe • the great disruption
    four pieces inspired by the mapmakers trilogy book series by s.e. grove

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Two things...

Isn't it weird that Nu Metal is the classic rock of today?
    Pardon the term but David Silvera seems to have gone full retard musically and personally. He is a long way from those Calvin Klein ads.
    So if you like to laugh and cringe, then laugh, the cringe again look no further

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i was wearing just some shitty foam ones. i've never gotten custom ones, but i really want to get sensaphonics. should have gotten them when i was an audio student and could have gotten a discount!

side note:

new album out now!

everson poe • the great disruption
    four pieces inspired by the mapmakers trilogy book series by s.e. grove
    Ill check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Two things...

Isn't it weird that Nu Metal is the classic rock of today?
    Pardon the term but David Silvera seems to have gone full retard musically and personally. He is a long way from those Calvin Klein ads.
    So if you like to laugh and cringe, then laugh, the cringe again look no further

This made me laugh again but why did you soil this awesome thread posting this dogshit in here? It's been posted in the shitty music thread (where it belongs).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    https://lonelystar.bandcamp.com/albu...ersonal-heaven

Found this on Bandcamp today. Delightfully brutal.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    new Artficial Brain:

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Don't be missing the new Whoredom Rife:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Seen my AWESOME show in Raleigh last night. Behemoth destroyed, Lamb of God pummeled and Slayer fucking delivered. Amazing night and a SUPER high energy crowd. I don't have an assload of photos and such but I got a video of Slayer doing Chemical Warfare and lots of video snippets of the others on snapchat. So much fun! @bobbie solo @Conan The Barbarian @Archive_Reports

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I am jealous. This tour didnt have a Texas date, but my brother is doing the Florida date. His first time seeing Behemoth and Slayer( I took him to see Lamb of god with slipknot).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I would live to see Behemoth (I've seen LoG a few times and don't like Slayer) but I don't think I'll make it this tour.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    On a somewhat related note...Slayer will be making their late night debut on The Tonight Show Thursday July 27th.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Just found out today I'll be getting into the MSG date of this tour for free next week! Excited for you @Space Suicide , glad you had a blast. I see myself leaving after a few minutes of Slayer's set.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I am jealous. This tour didnt have a Texas date, but my brother is doing the Florida date. His first time seeing Behemoth and Slayer( I took him to see Lamb of god with slipknot).
    That's strange. I'm surprised my state managed to get a date here. This isn't the most...open minded bunch around these parts as far as music goes. Was a positive and fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I would live to see Behemoth (I've seen LoG a few times and don't like Slayer) but I don't think I'll make it this tour.
    Behemoth had the shortest setlist which was around 35 minutes, which sucks as I wanted to see sooooo much more. They're one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    On a somewhat related note...Slayer will be making their late night debut on The Tonight Show Thursday July 27th.
    Thanks for that. I'll tune in. I assume they'll play something from Repentless?

Just found out today I'll be getting into the MSG date of this tour for free next week! Excited for you @Space Suicide , glad you had a blast. I see myself leaving after a few minutes of Slayer's set.
    Don't do it! The setlist was varied and extremely fast pace. I'd suggest you watch it but hey, your call.

-

There were 3 shirts to buy. I hoped the Cerebrus from the poster would have all 3 names but only had Slayer on it. So I opted to buy a Behemoth shirt since I have none. Here you all go:

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yea, don't cheat yourself out of slayer. I have seen them a total of 3 times, and each time was better than the last.

I'm glad I got to see the original lineup before Jeff passed and Dave left.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I've seen slayer at least ten times. I'm good on ever seeing them at this point, especially without Dave or Jeff anymore. I'll watch em for 20-30 minutes.

I'm going to this tour for Behemoth.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've seen slayer at least ten times. I'm good on ever seeing them at this point, especially without Dave or Jeff anymore. I'll watch em for 20-30 minutes.

I'm going to this tour for Behemoth.
    How was last night's show?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Make Them Suffer's new album, "Worlds Apart", came out today. I don't believe they've put out a bad album yet and I'm stoked to tear into this one.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Recently discovered Wage War. I'm gonna see them on Tuesday. Really excited about this.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The Black Dahlia Murder and August Burns Red both released albums yesterday and both are sick.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    The Black Dahlia Murder and August Burns Red both released albums yesterday and both are sick.

I think I like Abysmal more but Nightbringers and is a great album. It also broke records on MetalBlade's store. I read it was the most pre-ordered album in the entire history of the label. That's quite a feat!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    More than likely gonna buy a ticket to see Mayhem perform De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas in full November 28th in Charlotte, NC. They’re with Immolation and Black Anvil as supporting acts. I’ve been trying to familiarize myself with their work. I’m stoked to see Attila perform, hes my favorite vocalist...even over Dead. I don’t like Maniac whatsoever!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Probably been said many times before but the last great metal album I heard was The Satanist.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    New album dropped a few weeks ago.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ton View Post
    Probably been said many times before but the last great metal album I heard was The Satanist.
    I follow Nergal on Instagram and lately he’s been showing stories that include computer shots and snippets of him reading lyrics. He said in the last one I watched he has hundreds and hundreds of lines to craft songs from. Exciting stuff! I also heard him say a new live album is out this year (doubt it since there’s no news or talk of it and it’s almost already November). He confirmed there’d be a new album realistically in Fall 2018 so there’s that!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I follow Nergal on Instagram and lately he’s been showing stories that include computer shots and snippets of him reading lyrics. He said in the last one I watched he has hundreds and hundreds of lines to craft songs from. Exciting stuff! I also heard him say a new live album is out this year (doubt it since there’s no news or talk of it and it’s almost already November). He confirmed there’d be a new album realistically in Fall 2018 so there’s that!
    Possible delay could be vinyl pressing issues. Or maybe it was supposed to be accompanied by a live home video release.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    So bummed Trap Them is breaking up, but psyched to finally see them live at one of their final shows 11/9.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So bummed Trap Them is breaking up, but psyched to finally see them live at one of their final shows 11/9.
    Saw them a while back and they leveled the room, jealous. These shows will be fuckin' killer. Was actually just telling my friend about how Ryan broke both his feet during a show last year and still finished their set lol.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm looking forward to the new releases! I respect Nergal a lot so that's dope about the insight into his songwriting. My friend has seen Behemoth live before and said it was one the best metal shows he's been to.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Saw them a while back and they leveled the room, jealous. These shows will be fuckin' killer. Was actually just telling my friend about how Ryan broke both his feet during a show last year and still finished their set lol.
    yeah that swarthy motherfucker doesn't play around.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Mmmmmmmm, I'm seeing Mayhem next Tuesday! \m/