Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Cargo in the blood

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Received my copy from this last batch. 0000/2000. So definitely the leftovers of the replacement copies. I haven't thumbed through the whole book yet, just gave it a onceover. It's hella nice & heavy though.

Earlier in this thread there was mention that Mills may been doing something similar for TDS. Did that develop at all?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I don't have any official insight into that, but given that Cargo in the Blood didn't rapidly sell out, the appetite for taking on the cost of printing a follow-up was probably greatly diminished.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I have a feeling that the TDS limited edition prints that Russell has been offering recently might be in lieu of a book/multiple.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    Earlier in this thread there was mention that Mills may been doing something similar for TDS. Did that develop at all?
    It seems like what he did for Hesitation Marks was a greater volume of work than all of TDS and Closure combined. I don't think there would be enough work from that era to do a package of the same size, though that's just my speculation. While I think a set focused on The Downward Spiral era artwork would have more appeal than Hesitation Marks, I'm not sure it would sell well if it was more than $100. I think that's the main reason Cargo didn't sell well, the cost was just really high.