Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Meg Myers

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Meg Myers

I'm in love, send help.
    Saw her last night in Chicago. I feel some NIN in her. Music style is all over the map.

(How do you make it so the video is all embedded and such?)
    Last edited by Wolfkiller; 10-23-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I really liked her 2 EPs, but her new album is a little disappointing. Her voice is amazing though.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I dunno I kinda dig she can dip into poppier stuff and still remain kinda dark. Cute without being condescending/stereotypical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Get in line man! I've been in love with her since her first EP came out. Like raptors mentioned, here new album was somewhat disappointing, but I love Lemon Eyes and I Really Want You to Hate Me.

A couple other of my favorites of hers are Monster and After You.

Jealous you got to see her live. I wish she would come to NC!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    After You is soooo good. Hell it's all so good. Kinda wanna go to the next Chicago show but she's opening this time instead.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for introducing me to Meg Myers and K.Flay, I only like a few songs from each and want to make an "Angry Chick Mix". Any other female vocal bands that are dark/angry with electronic/metal elements? Some of my favs are: Nocturne/Lacey Conner's Halo, Android Lust, Dresden Dolls/Amanda Palmer, Bjork & Die Antwoord. Thanks! - Also posted in the "What are you listening to" thread, but thought I'd try this here since this is where I found Meg Myers...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    K. Flay? Either you're not talking to me or my mind is failing hard haha.
    I wouldn't necessarily call these METAL (or 100% angry) but Rock/Alternative:

Poe - Haunted is a masterpiece. Def one of my personal top albums of all time.

Evanescence - They don't get taken seriously by some crowds but Amy can sing her ass off and they have a lot of quality tunes.

Warpaint - They rock. Nuff said.

Veruca Salt - Eight Arms To Hold You is a solid awesome album.
    Last edited by Wolfkiller; 11-12-2015 at 01:10 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks, I'll check those bands out - never liked Amy's voice on Evanescence. Somebody mentioned K.Flay in The Prodigy thread, her song "I Hate Everyone" fits in well with my mix.