Thread: The guys from the Hotline forgot that they had a webpage?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'll share a funny story about the hotline for anyone that cares.
    For years, and I'm talking like 12-15 years, the website was my home page to when I opened a browser.
    That way, the first thing every day I would see was if there was any new NIN news.
    Well, fast forward to last month (or maybe rewind to last month, depends how you look at it), I got a new PC for my birthday.
    I had to transfer all my files and set everything back up to my liking.

When I opened an internet browser, it went to a generic "most frequently visited sites" page. I thought for a second, this isn't right... I need to get the hotline back...
    Then I stopped myself and said "fuck it. That site has been dead for years, no sense putting it back" and I never did.... until now.
    I had no idea that the hotline was secretly being re-invented. Had I known, I would have just kept it. I think it would have been a better surprise if I never got a new PC and then one day, I loaded up a browser, and the hotline would have been updated with a new look, I would have been blown away.

I was probably single-handedly keeping the traffic numbers up myself all these years, lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I'll share a funny story about the hotline for anyone that cares.
    For years, and I'm talking like 12-15 years, the website was my home page to when I opened a browser.
    That way, the first thing every day I would see was if there was any new NIN news.
    Ha ha, I had theninhotline as my home page too! My old boss used to walk by my computer at lunch and say, is there really that much going on with Nine Inch Nails that you have to check their website everyday?!

Great choice on the shirt! A couple months ago I was playing around with this old design to get a t shirt version made - the design on the original longsleeve was too big and those 90's shirts were huge for a slim guy like me. This new one is perfect and I didn't think to put a Nothing logo on it - I was trying to add a NIN logo somewhere and it didn't look right. I couldn't decide on a final updated design and scrapped the idea I ordered yours yesterday and love that the site is back - I used to check it everyday for my NIN News back in the day!