Thread: Borderlands!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man, reading about the 'brown effect' is really interesting. It's pretty much the comic book / cartoon art style that singles Borderlands out—although I've seen other games do similar since then to lesser effect—so it's weird to imagine it might not have been like that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    Man, reading about the 'brown effect' is really interesting. It's pretty much the comic book / cartoon art style that singles Borderlands out—although I've seen other games do similar since then to lesser effect—so it's weird to imagine it might not have been like that.
    I'm pretty sure that's one of the main beefs people had with the first two Gears of War titles...so much brown and grey that many found it kinda washed out and drab. I remember a few videos with Cliff B. from EPIC saying that it was one of their big things for Gears 3 to have more light and color.

I agree though, I love the cell shaded, comic book style of the first game, and it is interesting to think of what would've happened (as mentioned in that article) if they just would've kept it like all the other FPS'ers.

Also, Gearbox just answered some questions regarding level cap, vehicles, and more. (spoiler-ish)