Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Codes for 5 Golden Keys:

PC / Mac Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF
    Xbox 360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: WBWJ3-JHKSK-ZHXT6-CRTJT-BW59W
    PlayStation 3 Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: WBK3B-FKWCT-KWKWB-SJWTB-XCZK3
    Last edited by october_midnight; 01-09-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    FINALLY GOT ALL THE LOCATION ACHIEVEMENTS! EVEN WORLD TRAVELER!

Just have to work on the Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty locations to get that achievement too. I have every named location on the main maps revealed but I still haven't gotten it...wonder what I'm missing. I even got that hard to reach Secret Stash on Magnys Lighthouse.

Gah!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Codes for 5 Golden Keys:

PC / Mac Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF
    Thanks, dude!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Just have to work on the Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty locations to get that achievement too. I have every named location on the main maps revealed but I still haven't gotten it...wonder what I'm missing. I even got that hard to reach Secret Stash on Magnys Lighthouse.

Gah!
    There was a spot in Oasis that I was missing that was the last spot I needed for the achievement. When you fast travel there and go down the first path into town, take a right before you get into town and run out on that side of the map. It opened up a little more of the map for me and the achievement popped.

Used that code for 5 keys last night, I'm up to 39 total. I need to start playing more as my Gunzerker and start up a Siren character to start using some of them. They're pretty much useless once you're level 50. Got lucky farming Dukino's Mom for the Mongol launcher last night. Had been farming for an hour, went back to Sanctuary to swap some guns and was going to quit for the night. Then thought "ah fuck it I'll try it one more time" and she dropped it. Now I just need to farm Tumba for a Deliverance and I'll have at least one version of each legendary in the game. Hopefully I can stop myself after that but I find something about farming incredibly fun, no clue what it actually is cause it's just doing the same thing over and over. It is awesome when you finally see that orange drop out of the enemy though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    There was a spot in Oasis that I was missing that was the last spot I needed for the achievement. When you fast travel there and go down the first path into town, take a right before you get into town and run out on that side of the map. It opened up a little more of the map for me and the achievement popped.
    Thanks for the heads up but I already had discovered that! I got the achievement just now though, evidently I never went the shortcut way to Oasis when you're at the Leviathan's Lair. I did that just now. Gadabout - 25 G

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Special in-game events to prepare for the DLC on Tuesday. Today is an 'influx of super powerful shotguns amidst all loot'...tomorrow will have something else as well. Also:

PS3: 53KBB-SKC53-WWC53-Z353J-CKFRZ
    PC/MAC: CTCBJ-CK6KW-SCF33-TJJJT-WB3CB
    360: CBWBJ-CSC9W-9HXJX-WFB33-WB9SX

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Looks like I'll be doing some boss farming all night.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I might try to see what it's all about, but it's the weekend, I'll be damned if I stay inside the condo after the busy ass week I've had fml.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Interesting, might hop on and do some shit on this game this weekend if that's the case.

Wonder what the new DLC's Raid Boss will be like.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wonder what the new DLC's Raid Boss will be like.
    I heard it's going to be a giant Stalker, haven't heard anything about the mechanics of the fight itself though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Got Vermivorous the Invincible to spawn once last night, took over an hour to finally get him to show up even with the increased spawn rate from the Gear Up event. Dude has a shitload of health. I never cared anything about trying to find him but with the increased spawn rate and everyone saying that they were getting as many as three of him to spawn at once I figured I'd give it a shot. Sucks that the combatibility pack was screwed up for 360 last night, hopefully they have that fixed before the DLC hits today.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Got Vermivorous the Invincible to spawn once last night, took over an hour to finally get him to show up even with the increased spawn rate from the Gear Up event. Dude has a shitload of health. I never cared anything about trying to find him but with the increased spawn rate and everyone saying that they were getting as many as three of him to spawn at once I figured I'd give it a shot. Sucks that the combatibility pack was screwed up for 360 last night, hopefully they have that fixed before the DLC hits today.
    Me too. I'm about to hop on the 360 to download the DLC. I hope that error is fixed finally.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Xbox 360 Compatibility Issue is still here...damnit man, fix it.

The DLC is fresh so far. Scylla's Grove reminds me A LOT of Jakob's Cove from the first game.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Xbox 360 Compatibility Issue is still here...damnit man, fix it.

The DLC is fresh so far. Scylla's Grove reminds me A LOT of Jakob's Cove from the first game.
    Seriously, that's gonna blow if it's still not fixed when I get home from work. Playing through this shit co-op is so much better than solo.

Good to hear that the DLC is looking good so far, I wasn't too impressed with either of the first too right from the start.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Seriously, that's gonna blow if it's still not fixed when I get home from work. Playing through this shit co-op is so much better than solo.

Good to hear that the DLC is looking good so far, I wasn't too impressed with either of the first too right from the start.
    Agreed, wonder why this simple issue is taking a day and a half to fix. Ridiculous if you ask me.

The DLC is 1001 MB. So approx 1 GB. Not too big but not small.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm digging the new DLC. Played a few story missions and wanted to get back to Sanctuary cause I didn't bring enough different element guns with me and couldn't find a close fast travel so I just gave up for the night. All the new enemies are pretty damn cool, just didn't have the right weapons to deal with some of them without it being a pain in the ass. And mother fucking drifters!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    DLC is too short, story-wise that is. I beat it with no trouble at all. There's only 4 missions in the core story missions. I guess longevity for this is the side quests.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    DLC is too short, story-wise that is. I beat it with no trouble at all. There's only 4 missions in the core story missions. I guess longevity for this is the side quests.
    You weren't kidding. I beat it tonight and only spent maybe 3 1/2 hours playing it total, that includes a couple side missions and spending some time running around trying to figure out where shit was. I did have fun though, so there's that. Went to check out the new raid boss for shits and giggles, I was dead in 10 seconds. Edit: Also he's not a building sized stalker, not really that big at all. There is another secret "invincible" boss that is apparently huge but really easy to kill.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 01-17-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    PC / Mac SHiFT Code: KTKB3-TCZC5-9W6JT-BJBTB-6ZHTS
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: K3CT3-WZRS5-9HRJX-KRJ33-39XCC
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KTW33-XWFK3-WWKK3-S3CBB-9JJCR

These codes will be active through January 21

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Got Dexiduous to drop the Chopper the 3rd time I killed him. That gun is nuts, burns through ammo even faster than I remember it doing it in the first game. Only achievement I have left is the one for the Siren so I'm thinking I'm gonna get that done and try to move on to some of these other games I've bought and haven't even played.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Finally able to prestige and reset my challenges for the second time this morning just before heading out. Wanna get my characters beefed before the level cap hits. Yup.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I haven't even done that once. I think I need to max out the shield and grenade challenges to be able to do it, maybe some other ones. Probably won't get around to it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Both are actually fairly easy, and faster than others. For the shield ones: Absorbing bullets, just make sure you're on a Normal playthrough with an absorb shield that is pretty beefed. Go to Opportunity, run out to the left in the first little area, let the 2 guys and a loader start shooting you...and play Sudoku on your iPhone for a while lol. For any of the others, Tundra Express is pretty good, run up to a pack of Varkids, let them melee you with your beefed corroding or shocking shield and bam. For the grenades, Tundra Express or Pyro Pete's Bar are the ways I did it the fastest.

Oh, and another protip. Find J1MMY JENK1N5 and kill him before resetting your skills, or don't buy every Eridium item from Crazy Earl in Sanctuary. If you want the achievement for getting level 1 of every challenge (my lvl 50 Commando had pretty much almost every challenge in the game completed other than that fuckin' one...) then you need to kill him to get it before resetting. Reason being...I didn't after searching for quite a while. After they started challenge resets I said 'fuck it' and did it. I've now found him twice in Opportunity and once in the Exploitation Reserve...but I've already bought all the Eridium upgrades, have 99 bars of it, and nothing that I can buy. So THAT is now the 1 challenge I won't be able to complete. D'oh!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Borderlands!

I got the achievement for level 1 challenges. Took me a while to get jimmy Jenkins to spawn, that shit sucked. I didn't think about going on normal to max out the grenade and shield challenges, thanks for the tip.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    They released hot fixes yesterday, just have to be connected to the net every time you boot up the game to get it.

January 29, 2013
    - Adjusted Mechromancer’s Sweetheart class mod to correctly increase team health.
    - Assassin’s “Slayer of Terramorphous” class mod no longer includes Gunzerker skill bonus.
    - Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Critical hits against Midgets now register properly.
    - Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Rat Thief enemies are no longer allowed in Pete’s Bar due to patron concerns regarding excessive theft.
    - Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Torgue vending machines can now stock up to level 50 legendary weapons.

I plan on actually farming Pete's Bar now for Torgue tokens. It wasn't worth it before between the Rat Thiefs and the vending machines only going up to 48.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Read that earlier myself. I always wondered why my Slayer Mod for my Assassin had that skill bonus.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Yeah that's pretty nuts that a zerker skill has been on that mod all this time, seems like an obvious thing they should've fixed right away.

I would've farmed Pete's bar more than I did last night but I spent 3 hours farming the badass creepers for the blockhead shotgun that people on the gearbox forums were saying was awesome. I did get 3 longbow snipers while I was doing it though. By the time I got the shotgun I was pretty much done for the night

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Codes for 5 keys from Facebook
    PC/Mac: C3CBT-RC3XW-9WF33-BTJ3T-SB99J
    PS3: 53WBJ-T6Z5B-WWWCJ-HBKBB-THTR6
    360: C3CTB-XK695-33Z3R-W6BTB-XJC36

Good through the 10th.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Special Shift codes for Loverpalooza. Skins/Heads for all characters and a special version of Moxxi's Heart Breaker shotgun that will be the level of the first character you load after entering the code.

PC / Mac: W3KJ3-69JR5-9CXT3-JTJJT-WSCK5
    Xbox 360: W3W3B-BHX9K-3TSTX-WXJ3J-XCHKH
    PlayStation 3: WJCJJ-HCBFB-CCKC3-H3CJT-6FBHW