Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Probably be able to play tomorrow afternoon or Friday afternoon for a bit...we'll see. It was fun.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Did Gearbox hook us up with free keys without shift codes? I just noticed that I have 11 keys when about two weeks ago I only had 3.

BTW, thanks for the power leveling it was a blast and I'd love to do the RAID boss again when you get a chance. My friend who is level 50 has yet to down him and he said he would be down for doing a run as well

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Today I'm off work in just over an hour (3pm PST) and if you want I could jump on right after...probably have an hour or two tops before the wife and I head to go watch Django...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Ah I can't tonight. I'm not off until 6pm PST let me know what you think of Django. My co-worker said its ultra violent and a bit long

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Bought borderlands 2. Opting for the mechromancer. Good choice? Mostly solo play.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Borderlands!

I love my Mechro.....once you build up your deathtrap he becomes stupid powerful and you can solo missions with ease

Add NotoriousTIMP to your friends list and ill play some co-op with you if you like

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Bought borderlands 2. Opting for the mechromancer. Good choice? Mostly solo play.
    Sure but this game gets tedious in some spots playing solo. I played 3/4ths of the game solo but some boss fights and waves of enemies made me pull my hair out so badly I needed to use co-op.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Borderlands!

I've just realised the mechro is very similar to the hunter from 1 (hawk=mech), took me a while to click. I played through 1 as hunter but didn't spend skill points on bloodwing so I guess my approach will be different this time.

Thanks timp, I'll do that if it works across platforms or you are ps3 too. Also I'm gmt.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Ah shoot, I'm on XBL

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Just got Borderlands 2 tonight, never played the first one but I saw it on Steam a few hours ago for $30 and threw money at my screen. I'm still learning the ins and outs right now but it's been fun so far! Never played a FPS with keyboard & mouse before though, so I'm not gonna be doing any co-op too soon :P

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Borderlands!

^^^^

Believe me, keyboard and mouse is 10x better than a controller. You will become more precise with your shooting....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Good lord the Evil Smasher power up + Infinity Pistol glitch is insane, and also technically game breaking I guess. I can kill Hyperious in 3 seconds, good for farming Seraph Crystals for the challenges.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Good lord the Evil Smasher power up + Infinity Pistol glitch is insane, and also technically game breaking I guess. I can kill Hyperious in 3 seconds, good for farming Seraph Crystals for the challenges.
    PC glitch? It can this be done on XBOX?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Yep I've been doing it on Xbox, it's pretty ridiculous. I got my infinity pistol clip up to 152 or something last night and was killing Hyperious before his minions spawned.

Here's the video I used to figure it out:
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 01-03-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Borderlands!

How the hell do people find this sort of thing out? I take it you have to be level 50?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah I tried it once and never again. The game is already easy enough if you have The Bee and a Conference Call shotgun...this is one of those glitches that would make it not even worth playing.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Borderlands!

It would be kinda cool if these bugs were actually Easter eggs left in by gearbox

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Borderlands!

It's definitely game breaking, even after they nerfed the Bee you can still kick the shit out of everything with it. It's pretty much impossible to die when a single bullet kills pretty much every non-boss enemy in the game. Makes farming bosses for legendaries a fucking breeze though. Ha. I've spent so much time playing this that that's pretty much all there is left for me to do.

And I don't think you have to be level 50 to do this glitch, just have to have both guns
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 01-03-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hit Level 50 with my Assassin this afternoon, @october_midnight was a major help!

Decked out with an orange pistol, both of Moxxi's special Touch SMGs at level 50 specs, an insanely powerful, purple corrosive damage sniper rifle, a purple mod, purple shield with corrosive spike damage and a pink relic.

Finally!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Borderlands!

So I finally have the warrior on farm status with my Mechromancer. Went from level 28 to 34 tonight and figured out a little trick to farm XP. After downing The Warrior I pop out my deathtrap and he starts to attack the bats that are flying around. Since they are on a constant respawn loop he just keeps killing. I went and cleaned some dishes and got a drink all the while he was gathering me XP I might use this again to help push me to the next level if I'm close!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    How often are these Legendary drops, if anyone knows? I know it's completely random and no pattern but I'm curious.

Only Legendary item I have is the Blood of Terramorphous Relic.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Lucky you, I heard orange relics are the hardest piece to come by

I just got my achievement today for equipping all purple items now it's time to start working on orange pieces!

Hey Aaron, sorry I missed your gam invite. I had my deathtrap farming bats while I watched the wildcard games today

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    How often are these Legendary drops, if anyone knows? I know it's completely random and no pattern but I'm curious.

Only Legendary item I have is the Blood of Terramorphous Relic.
    It varies depending on what gun you're trying to get. The Warrior and Bunker can each drop any legendary in the game but there are other bosses that have a higher chance of dropping a specific one. Doc Mercy drops the Infinity Pistol but only has like a .7% chance of dropping it, pretty sure that's the lowest drop rate in the game. I farmed him for hours and never got one, ended up having someone dupe me a bunch of them. I've gotten plenty of legendaries from The Warrior, Terramorphous and farming a lot of the mini-bosses for them, the "invincible" bosses from the DLCs can drop any legendary as well. If you're looking to get some of them be ready to spend a shit load of time farming. Getting them duped for you is the best way to go about it if you just want to check some of them out. I have at least one version of most of the level 50 legendaries in the game if you want me to dupe them for you. I'm on XBL. Pretty sure I'm getting addicted to collecting these damn things.

Here's a link that lists all of them and who they drop from, that relic you have is the only legendary relic in the game.
    http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=150790

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It varies depending on what gun you're trying to get. The Warrior and Bunker can each drop any legendary in the game but there are other bosses that have a higher chance of dropping a specific one. Doc Mercy drops the Infinity Pistol but only has like a .7% chance of dropping it, pretty sure that's the lowest drop rate in the game. I farmed him for hours and never got one, ended up having someone dupe me a bunch of them. I've gotten plenty of legendaries from The Warrior, Terramorphous and farming a lot of the mini-bosses for them, the "invincible" bosses from the DLCs can drop any legendary as well. If you're looking to get some of them be ready to spend a shit load of time farming. Getting them duped for you is the best way to go about it if you just want to check some of them out. I have at least one version of most of the level 50 legendaries in the game if you want me to dupe them for you. I'm on XBL. Pretty sure I'm getting addicted to collecting these damn things.

Here's a link that lists all of them and who they drop from, that relic you have is the only legendary relic in the game.
    http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=150790
    I've been referencing the Borderlands Wiki and I got a basic idea of what there is. Quite a few around. I tried farming Terramorphous and The Bunk-r yesterday but didn't find much success. I wouldn't mind you dumping a few for me, if you don't mind. My gamertag is spaceSuicide

I should be on this afternoon and evening sometime.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've been referencing the Borderlands Wiki and I got a basic idea of what there is. Quite a few around. I tried farming Terramorphous and The Bunk-r yesterday but didn't find much success. I wouldn't mind you dumping a few for me, if you don't mind. My gamertag is spaceSuicide

I should be on this afternoon and evening sometime.
    Yeah drop rates are pretty low, out of all the times I farmed Terra I probably only got 6 or 7 drops out of it. I'll add you after work, my gamertag is kdrlunchbox, just so you know who the request is coming from. Should be online around 5:30 EST.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah drop rates are pretty low, out of all the times I farmed Terra I probably only got 6 or 7 drops out of it. I'll add you after work, my gamertag is kdrlunchbox, just so you know who the request is coming from. Should be online around 5:30 EST.
    Sounds great, looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    @kdrcraig - Thanks for the awesome gear! Soooo many thanks.

Anyone here wanna host and team up to play the new DLC when it comes out?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Borderlands!

^^^
    Count me in!!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Borderlands!

A friend of mine and I are trying to down terramorphous right now, does anyone wanna join us?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    @kdrcraig - Thanks for the awesome gear! Soooo many thanks.

Anyone here wanna host and team up to play the new DLC when it comes out?
    No problem man. A lot of that stuff was duped for me so I have no problems spreading it around.

I'll probably be up for the new DLC. Me and a friend usually play through them together but if he's not around I'll definitely jump in.