Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, just beat the DLC (didn't do a few of the side missions) and I'd say it's on par with the last one. The raid boss Pyro Pete The Invincible was a bitch to beat but I almost solo'ed him; had to find a PUG in order to do it though, but with 4 it was fairly easy. Luckily they only nerfed The Bee shield if you don't already have it, so it combined with my Conf. Call shotgun still wreck shit.

Pros: Funny as hell, Mr. Torgue was hilarious, the dialogue was better than the last DLC. Better characters too, Tiny Tina was great.
    Cons: Shorter than the last DLC, no level cap increase, nothing in terms of better guns if you're already jacked up. Think I got a better pistol when all said and done.

Not complaining at all, those people bug me to tears. Just sayin' what I disliked. First went through it with my lvl 40+ mechromancer, then today before work decided to just blaze through the main storyline with my jacked lvl 50 commando. Main storyline beatable in about 2-3 hours. Not bad, bring on the next one. In a few months hopefully lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Downloaded it yet only played the first initial mission in the arena and Spoiler: when Piston turns on you.

Kinda don't wanna play it solo plus since I got Hitman: Absolution, still have yet to beat Halo 4 and Blops II campaigns I don't know what to play or beat first. I'm like AGH!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Beat the new DLC last night, Mr. Torgue was pretty damn funny but overall the DLC wasn't anything special. Pretty much equal to the last one except at least I got a couple decent guns from the first one, didn't get shit from this one. Me and a buddy took on Pete The Invincible but he kicked our asses a couple times.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I FINALLY finished the campaign! Good stuff. Maybe now, i'll finally check out the DLC.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Why does everyone love this game and series?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Why does everyone love this game and series?
    The games are fun as hell, especially if you're playing with a friend or two. It's all about the loot and finding gear that is better than what you currently have. The first game was a bit better for that, the drop rates in the sequel kind of suck. It's just fun running around blasting the hell out of everything.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 11-26-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I received Borderlands 2 for free...and I feel bad I'm not much interested in it anymore. Everyone I know is capping in rank, creaming mostly everybody before I can. DLCs growing on trees. There's no real ongoing challenge. Maybe if there was active online competitiveness, and not just co-op. And, maybe the major fiction has just never excited me. Just a whole lot of disinterest...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    And, maybe the major fiction has just never excited me. Just a whole lot of disinterest...
    The first game had barely any story, and what there was gave you no reason to care about it and it wasn't presented very well. The story in the second game was fleshed out much better. The game world is more about stupid humor and how everything on the planet wants to kill you.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Borderlands!

The gearbox twitter is giving out shift codes for every award this wins at the VGAs, two up so far

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Won 4 awards, nabbed 4 codes. Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Won 5 awards, nabbed 5 codes. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

(yes, I know I repeated my last post in a double post to say the same thing but Borderlands 2 would've wanted it that way.)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just grabbed them when I got home, I have 21 damn golden keys now. I haven't really used many since I hit level 50 with my main character because the shit in the chest is never better than stuff I already have. The keys have come in handy a couple times playing with my new Gunzerker though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    All the DLC so far as well as the Creature Slaughter Dome are available for those that didn't get the season pass.

Wonder when we'll get the first hint of the next DLC. Rumblings online say that it'll be the one with a level cap. Read today online that Gearbox says only 'about 26%' of players have hit level 50 and thus the wait.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    All the DLC so far as well as the Creature Slaughter Dome are available for those that didn't get the season pass.

Wonder when we'll get the first hint of the next DLC. Rumblings online say that it'll be the one with a level cap. Read today online that Gearbox says only 'about 26%' of players have hit level 50 and thus the wait.
    I believe it. I've played the game since launch, finished the main story and beat both DLCs. I'm only Level 38. I'd love to hit Level 50 finally and get that achievement among other things but I really don't want to play the game again. I really detested My First Gun - Road to Sanctuary Missions of the game. They dragged on and on.

Anyone here got time to kill and want to let me join their True Vault Hunter Mode and help get me higher levels I'd be forever in debt.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The patch is out that should fix killing Master Gee causing the game to freeze, also nerfed The Bee and the damage from Amplify shields in general. Fixed a ton of other shit too.

http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/e...te-information
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 12-13-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Next DLC 'Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt' will be detailed soon according to Gearbox.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Hopefully this new DLC is actually good. I had more fun playing Zombie Island from the first game than I did playing the first two from this one combined.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Borderlands!

There are shift codes for 5 gold keys on gearbox's twitter for this winning g4tv's game of the year. They'll be good for the next few days

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    There are shift codes for 5 gold keys on gearbox's twitter for this winning g4tv's game of the year. They'll be good for the next few days
    Ooh thanks dude, good catch. Playing it right now so I'll need to remember to redeem that when I'm done. In other news, they've confirmed they're working on another character. https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/statu...29995723993089

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I finally beat Master Gee last night, thank god for the patch. He dropped maybe 10 Seraph Crystals and some shitty guns, I might beat him once a day until I get enough crystals for the Evolution shield but overall his loot blows.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The BL2 Twitter account has officially been 'taken over' by Sir Hammerlock. DLC information shortly.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Only 16.75% of players on the 360 have hit lvl 50, so there is plans to raise the level cap but not until 'a bit later in the next year'.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I saw that too. I think I'm spoiled because by the time I got around to playing the first game, all the DLCs were out and the level cap was already at 69. Not a big deal I guess as long as they give us plenty of shit to do when they do finally raise it.

He also said Sir Hammerlock's DLC is the best one yet for BL2 and put another Shift code on his twitter. Not real hard to be better than the first two DLCs so I'm taking that with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 12-20-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Gamespot.com has a 30 min playthrough of some of the DLC...it looks pretty cool, but nothing earth-shatteringly different lol. Swampy type area, some psychos dressed like shamans with the giant wooden masks running at you...some Ewok type villages up in the trees...that sorta thing.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    A buddy of mine has three characters at lvl 50.....its crazy to think how many hours he has put into the game.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    A buddy of mine has three characters at lvl 50.....its crazy to think how many hours he has put into the game.
    Which makes me jealous and a bit dismayed. I struggle to get one character to Level 50 and my highest is now only at 42. Ugh.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Borderlands!

My highest (gunzerker) is 38 and my Mechro just hit 16 today. I struggle with these two all the while he makes it look easy

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's now Boxing Day at 08:37pst. I'll be jumping on in about 10-15 minutes and playing for a few hours (until my wife gets off work). If someone wants me to power level them, let me know.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    It's now Boxing Day at 08:37pst. I'll be jumping on in about 10-15 minutes and playing for a few hours (until my wife gets off work). If someone wants me to power level them, let me know.
    I will take you up on that offer! My Mechro needs some serious power leveling!

Hit me up at NotoriousTIMP on XBL