Thread: The Xbox Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Don't buy into that bullshit. I've got no doubts that they were using computers for a lot of their demos (not Forza 5 or Killer Instinct by the way) but this isn't anything new. They did the same thing pre-xbox 360 launch and low and behold, it was indicative of the final product. The graphics card HAS to be more powerful than what's in the xbone, you can't compare the efficiencies of a graphics card in a console compared to that of a PC. If the exact same graphics card was in that PC the results would not be indicative whatsoever of the console. Bottom line is Forza 5 and Killer Instinct were running on xbone hardware so if you're happy with that you'll be happy with the end result. I'm getting shitty about all the 'hive-mind' style anti-MS comments that is everywhere on the internet, as if Sony are fucking saints.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    Don't buy into that bullshit. I've got no doubts that they were using computers for a lot of their demos (not Forza 5 or Killer Instinct by the way) but this isn't anything new. They did the same thing pre-xbox 360 launch and low and behold, it was indicative of the final product. The graphics card HAS to be more powerful than what's in the xbone, you can't compare the efficiencies of a graphics card in a console compared to that of a PC. If the exact same graphics card was in that PC the results would not be indicative whatsoever of the console. Bottom line is Forza 5 and Killer Instinct were running on xbone hardware so if you're happy with that you'll be happy with the end result. I'm getting shitty about all the 'hive-mind' style anti-MS comments that is everywhere on the internet, as if Sony are fucking saints.
    I can't say if what was shown at E3 before the 360 was released was on par with the final product's graphics; I still find it a shady practice along with the claims like "the AI is so advanced that fish move out of the way for you!" It just smells.
    I don't consider Sony to be saints. I am still incredibly pissed at them about the PSN hack. Their recent hardware update bricked a ton of people's systems. And I know they attacked Microsoft with several parts of their E3 announcements. It's just that Microsoft are acting like the biggest assholes I've ever seen in such a competitive market, as if we have to take it- we showed them we didn't. But going back to them after it to me seems like going back to a boyfriend who promises he's changed, he won't throw a punch again, baby.