Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

Well, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, and Dead or Alive still use a button for block, but it's a more reasonable button... right there in the middle of all the attack buttons. It bugs me with MK, because I can already tell this is going to be the game that breaks the R2 button on at least one of my controllers.
    Oh dude I know, I honestly felt like my R2 button was about to cave in and break off. I didn't know that Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter and DOA still used a specific button for block. Shows you how long it's been since I've played any of those lol.

My biggest complaint is fact that my main's primary combo string is flat out broken. Seriously, Kung Lao's basic quick combo does NOT work. At first I thought they had revamped the combo system and made it much more difficult, and then after some googling I realized that nope, it's just that somehow this slipped through the cracks?! That's CRAZY.

Which makes the angry "fuck you" message I got funnier. I'm not being a "cheap little bitch." I'm using the character that is actually broken. Come back after they patch this nonsense and I'll show you "cheap."
    Which combo is it? When I played as him I couldn't get his square,square, triangle, square, triangle combo to work (I think that's the combo input?). He would just stop after the first two square button inputs. I really don't know how they could get away with having a bunk combo.

I can't wait till I get my first hate message.

We're both rusty, but yeah, there's some issues with hit boxes and recovery block frames. I hope they're working on it, but more than anything, they need to fix the net code. The games with nemesis were fluid, but we both have fiber optic cable, and my PS4 is hard wired. The game is definitely fun, but there's things that need to be worked out.
    I'm glad it wasn't just me noticing the hit detection was off.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah, i played agaomst one random guy online and it felt like i couldnt get a hit in because the game wasnt responding to my inputs on time. I couldnt get my wake ups in, when i definitely timed it right so.... :/ guess this wont be lasting much online for me.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Which combo is it? When I played as him I couldn't get his square,square, triangle, square, triangle combo to work (I think that's the combo input?). He would just stop after the first two square button inputs. I really don't know how they could get away with having a bunk combo.
    Yep, that's the one. Completely broken. There's a second combo that has an extra input at the end, so that's broken too... I have no idea how this happened. Especially considering that he's the first selectable character from the left, and it's the second combo in his list of combos... what the hell...

EDIT: Also, WHAT THE FUCK, does everyone online play with Scorpion? WHAT IS THIS?! He's also overpowered as hell. His "arise!" below grab is super fast and exploitable. The character has TWO stun moves which allow him to freely execute his X-ray attack without any danger or possibility that it will fail. That's really awful.

Maybe I'm asking for too much if I just want them to balance a game they didn't test enough to make sure the combos were simply working, but this is a blatantly overpowered character, and it doesn't help that 90% of the time he's the guy I'm fighting against online. Sure, I'm winning most of the time, but that's now. Wait a week. You think too many people are playing with Scorpion now? Wait until everyone else finds out how overpowered this guy is. 99.999999% of people online are going to be Scorpion.

If Scorpion doesn't get heavily nerfed ASAP, this game is fucked. The best thing they could do right now is just disable him in online play. At least until they figure it out. As it stands right now I'm feeling like I almost don't want to play it anymore because of this.

Maybe they should have spent less time figuring out how to monetize all this prepared on-disc DLC, and spent a bit more time making sure that no character is god-tier.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-15-2015 at 04:10 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    If i could get the netcode to work in my favor, i wouldnt mind. Scorpion is super preictable and easy to punish.

I ended up warming up pretty well to Erron Black, he is just so fun to play, but does anyone know how his higher level combos work? Need some tips. Also really digging Kenshi, he is a blast and that Ronin costume is badass.

Finally, and this is embarassing but how do you run?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    If i could get the netcode to work in my favor, i wouldnt mind. Scorpion is super preictable and easy to punish.

I ended up warming up pretty well to Erron Black, he is just so fun to play, but does anyone know how his higher level combos work? Need some tips. Also really digging Kenshi, he is a blast and that Ronin costume is badass.

Finally, and this is embarassing but how do you run?
    Unsure if I'll ever get to uber impressive upper tier Erron Black status with my combos but I am sufficient in wins and skill. I got my two favorite combos memorized (forward x, y, y AND back x, y, down x) and I think I've come to the conclusion that Marksman is my favorite variation. That down, back, y uppercut like rifle swing with meter burn to pop off a shot after is sooooooo fucking fun and effective. It hurts. I got the fatalities memorized too! In ONE day no less. Back, forward, back, forward, Y and down, back, forward, down, X. Ahhhhh.

Dash and when in dash tap RT/R2. Then your character shoots off like a rocket.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    This game feels kinda broken at the moment; are we really ALL somewhat rusty?

Scorpion is broken. It has nothing to do with whether he can be beat sometimes or not; it's for the reasons Jinsai mentioned above.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm extremely rusty. Still getting used to using a block button again. Injustice didn't have one. Why would this need one as well, aside from a few fatalities. Speaking of which, I'm struggling trying to pull off Shinnok's second one. Spoiler: Up, down, up, down, block.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Hold block, then when you complete the directions quickly let go of block when hitting down then hot block.

I like the block button. I have trouble with hitting back due to the fact that I'm either going the opposite direction or in the middle of executing a move. The button is helpful for me.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Scorpion is super preictable and easy to punish
    You'd think so, because he was in the past... he's not anymore. Most people you're playing right now are button mashing, but I've seen a couple Scorpion players that are doing the exact same unstoppable bullshit. He has WAY too many hyper-fast and devastating moves that are incredibly safe to spam.

The game has only been out for a day, but if there's a way to counter what a few people have been doing, then that's maybe even worse. It's just really apparent that they did not thoroughly test this game for balance, and you only need to look at the fact that Lao's combos don't even work to see that they really weren't very careful here with making sure that everything was sorted out. Seriously, the first goddamn thing I did was load the game up, go into training, and try out that first combo on Kung Lao's list. How did they miss THAT?!

btw, run is forward forward R2
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-15-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Hold block, then when you complete the directions quickly let go of block when hitting down then hot block.

I like the block button. I have trouble with hitting back due to the fact that I'm either going the opposite direction or in the middle of executing a move. The button is helpful for me.
    On Xbox One? Hit me up for matches broooooooooooooooo.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't mind the block button. Just a hassle to get used to again. It's one of the few fighters that still uses one. I'll get it though.

Any ps4 folk up for some king of the hill later?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Nah don't have it, played at a friends house. Won't be getting it till the complete kombat edition hits. Won't be fooled into paying more this time around.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    EDIT: Also, WHAT THE FUCK, does everyone online play with Scorpion? WHAT IS THIS?! He's also overpowered as hell. His "arise!" below grab is super fast and exploitable. The character has TWO stun moves which allow him to freely execute his X-ray attack without any danger or possibility that it will fail. That's really awful.

Maybe I'm asking for too much if I just want them to balance a game they didn't test enough to make sure the combos were simply working, but this is a blatantly overpowered character, and it doesn't help that 90% of the time he's the guy I'm fighting against online. Sure, I'm winning most of the time, but that's now. Wait a week. You think too many people are playing with Scorpion now? Wait until everyone else finds out how overpowered this guy is. 99.999999% of people online are going to be Scorpion.

If Scorpion doesn't get heavily nerfed ASAP, this game is fucked. The best thing they could do right now is just disable him in online play. At least until they figure it out. As it stands right now I'm feeling like I almost don't want to play it anymore because of this.

Maybe they should have spent less time figuring out how to monetize all this prepared on-disc DLC, and spent a bit more time making sure that no character is god-tier.
    Unfortunately I don't really see this happening. Scorpion will most likely get a very light nerf at most. Scorpion will always be OP just because he's the poster boy of MK and he's Ed Boon's little baby. Once I saw everyone and their mothers using Scorpion in MK9, that's when I dropped Scorpion for Sub-Zero for my second main. Using Scorpion in one of the matches we played last night was first time I used him outside of story mode. MK9 burnt me out on Scorpion and it's 4 years later and I'm still burnt out on him.

I feel like I'm the only person that doesn't like Erron Black. I just don't like cowboys. I'm from Kansas and I see cowboy shit all damn the time (I literally live right down the street from a cowboy apparel store). Erron is my test dummy in training mode lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I don't mind the block button. Just a hassle to get used to again. It's one of the few fighters that still uses one. I'll get it though.

Any ps4 folk up for some king of the hill later?
    Me and Jinsai might play some King of the Hill later tonight. I think you and I are friends on PSN, so if you're online when we play I'll send you an invite.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Nah don't have it, played at a friends house. Won't be getting it till the complete kombat edition hits. Won't be fooled into paying more this time around.
    Well see you in a year!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    First online match and I get a goro spammer... second was a jumper who kept jumping into an uppercut. All I had to do was just stand there, heh.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    First online match and I get a goro spammer... second was a jumper who kept jumping into an uppercut. All I had to do was just stand there, heh.
    Haha well I like those fools since they are easy wins. That won't be easily to state about 6 months later when the better players are left around. just brings a bigger challenge.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The goro fight was tough because I haven't yet figured out how to really avoid it. But, I will.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Agh! Having some frustrating times. I'm still trying to hone my Erron Black game. I stick to a "poke" style where I mainly punish and utilize moves and skill sets that offer little to no risk when performed at the right time. Might be a shitbag way to work it but it gets the job done for the most part. I'm not really a troll with it but his sand slide is my best friend right now. I'm getting the hang of it more and more. I just watched a tutorial video for a combo in Outlaw that does 37% damage with one meter bar and it really, really does not look hard to perform at all. I think I can do it! I really wanna succeed in this game, rising from mediocrity to somewhat fearsome in most fights. My current ranked stats are 12/3 and my player match standings are at 48/27.

I unlocked every area of the Krypt after spending close to 45 minutes figuring it out. I got a majority of the costumes and I also finished the story. I must say, Shinnok is pretty lousy to play as unless he is EXTREMELY hard to be good with, which sucks as I love the character and his looks. I might just stick with Black and Mileena. Kotal is also rising on my list due to the double juggle ability punches and the mid air grab/slam. Still learning.

I wanna be good, damnit!

Question!

I was in a KOTH lobby earlier and I literally could not do jack shit in the match, it was as if the latency and lag made it so none of my button presses registered. I looked like a damn fool losing to the terrible King as none of my shit was actually doing anything. I must've input back forward b for Black's sand slide a good 5 or 6 times before he did it. Anyone else experience this type of netcode behavior?

I hope they address the lag issues.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Had some good King of the Hill with nemesis and piko. Obviously my Erron Black is improving. I dig gunslinger but it weirdly has no quick range attacks, you have to go into a stance first, and so my buddy was able to consistently outzone me with jax. He juat cant close distance very well. I started messing with marksman, which looks like it has the potential to be really annoying.

Netcode is still awful. So many losses on both ends to shit timing on lag, it ruins combos, x rays, timing. Never ever had a single laggy moment in P4A so this is just a shame.

Im also pretty peeved that they separated Ermacs telepush from his fireball... That one hurts

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I must just be lucky because I've had mostly stable fights thus far. Only seen one quit in two nights of fighting.

Haven't had all the time I'd like to experiment, but Piercing Mileena's a sexy bitch. Simple meterless 30% combos. Mmmm yeahhhh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Online sucks for me. It feels like everything is delayed half a second and it throws me off. It's not my connection either.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Im begining to learn that its not JUST the connection, but the way combos work. The game is set up so that you cant dial your next special until the previous one has started to animate, which makes the game so much less fluid than its predecessor. I also find that wake up attacks are a lot harder, and mizuumi a lot easier for opponents. My wake ups are whiffing constantly, and i used to have that timing down perfect in the last game.

Im finding more and more that i just dont like this one as much as MK9. I love the addition of Erron Black, but i still feel like variations are pointless and should have been sacrificed to bring in more characters. The game is a lot clunkier and i find myself having a much harder time wigh combos this time around, with the game cancelling or firing off the wrong thing in a way that mk9 never did.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I'm sure they will release balance patches and fixes. Testing is one thing, but how players exploit things and such are different.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm iffy on the variations. If I genuinely felt they were separate variations, actual variations, I'd be more on board about it. But, it's just a couple exclusive moves and a different coat of paint. Seems pretty unnecessary.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I ate my own words, I'm getting good with Bone Shaper Shinnok!

As Erron Black in an online ranked match I beasted a 43/6 stat Scorpion player. Felt good. We had a tie round the first round as he kicked me and I uppercut him at the same time. Nail biter match.

Edit: Got my first rage quit and/or mysterious timing disconnect with 38/3 Scorpion player in ranked, I won the first round then boom. Game no Longer Available. Ha.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-16-2015 at 11:16 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm iffy on the variations. If I genuinely felt they were separate variations, actual variations, I'd be more on board about it. But, it's just a couple exclusive moves and a different coat of paint. Seems pretty unnecessary.
    I think thats what Speaks to the uselessness of the variations. Some of them are dramatically different, like tye one where Erron Black uses barakas arm as a sword. Thats a neat concept, but does it make sense for this real old wild west cowboy to have a sword variation?

And when im looking around for combos online, the combos end up being predominantly for one variation. So it seems one is getting overwhelmingly favored in each case. I can see why. Ermacs spectral is a joke. That flying ability turns you into a sitting duck and once you attack you are basically coming right back down... So why did they bother spending energy on it?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    My guess for Erron is he probably needed a close range variation. I haven't played as him yet, but from what I've seen, he's mostly a ranged fighter. Guessing if he has one close ranged variation, he's open for more options to the player.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    The goro fight was tough because I haven't yet figured out how to really avoid it. But, I will.
    I'm sure I could get the hang of it IF I COULD PLAY HIM, but nooooooo.... I didn't pre-order through gamestop.
    I would really like to quit bitching, but they keep pulling me back in with new reasons to get mad.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    My timing is garbage when it comes to trying to pull off chain combos. Practice makes perfect I guess... lots of practice.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    As an Erron Black player all I can say is remember your special moves inputs and timings quick. I use that sand slide as a traversal tool along with being an attack. He has a lot of poke moves and more combos that lead in from specials and bounds (haven't gotten down chains/juggle combos and I doubt I will minus novice ones). He has good variety in all 3 variations, its just sad Gunslinger is the worst of the bunch. Minus his stance theres nothing to do in it compared to the other 2.

Even if you're not good at juggle chains and combos as long as you have special attack knowledge, combos memorized and spatial awareness you'll still do really well. I don't want to brag but I win about 75% of my matches and not everyone is a scrub. I played a really good Ferra/Tor juggle combo player, yet I still won since I blocked and outsmarted his advances. These fighting games still continue to be mind games, nothing more.