Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Jeff Buckley

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Jeff Buckley

I couldn't find a Jeff Buckley thread here and I think he deserves one. Though his life was short, I think his legacy is massive and certainly influential. I don't think the musical landscape of today would be where it is without Jeff. He easily had the best voice out there (rivaling Chris Cornell) and an amazing songwriter. I just find it fascinating that he made a name for himself despite living in the shadow of his father whom he barely knew. Jeff is probably my favorite artist out there and I mourn for his loss every day.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Grace is a fucking amazing album. I wasn't into him when he first came out as I was more into NIN and grunge at the time. It was much later on in my late 20s where I finally listened to his stuff as Grace is now one of my all-time favorite albums.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I didn't get into Jeff until about 4 - 5 years ago. I mean, I remember hearing Grace and Last Goodbye as a teenager and never wondered who exactly he was when Chris Cornell sang about him in Wave Goodbye under Euphoria Morning. However, since I discovered him, Jeff has truly changed my perspective on everything. And, yes, Grace is in my top 10 albums of all time too.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    to me he has just one of the most beautiful voices, live his cover of Back in NYC by Genesis, and The Way Young Lovers Do by Van Morrison, but also his Live at Sin-é, still makes me wonder how huge he would have been if he wasn't taken from us at such a young age,
    I also remember bumping into some guy at Coachella in 2005, who was wearing a Jeff Buckley tour tshirt, and just started up a convocation about all the times he'd seen him live, sadly which I never did, but that was just awesome 2 complete strangers one from the UK and one from the US talking about a great musician

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    She's not someone who's usually on my radar but I heard about a verse and a half of Natalie Maines' cover of "Lover, You Should've Come Over" at the health food store today and immediately looked it up when I came home. Big admission here, but I don't think a song has brought me to tears as easily as that since that song from An American Tail, when I was barely 3 years old.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Today marks his 17th year since his passing....
    Here is my favorite rendition of Grace.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    "You & I" is such a haunting song.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    You and I was the song that Chris Cornell picked out to be on Sketches.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Jeff Buckley

I love "be your husband"

**edit**
    thinking about it, I love all of "Live at Sin-é" album
    Last edited by [parasite]; 05-30-2014 at 03:24 AM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I say this as seriously as possible when I state that this has blown my mind

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Buckley was awesome, but can we take a moment to appreciate his band?, they were tight!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Jeff was incredible and I hope with the 25 anniversary of his death coming this month we get some new stuff out of the archives.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Live at Sine-é is still my all-time favourite live album (the extended edition, naturally).