Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: U2

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Been on a bit of a U2 kick--Achtung Baby and Zooropa, so fucking good. U2 in the early 90's was the band at their peak. I think that "One" is one of the greatest songs ever.
    That exact era is amazing. We were listening to the Red Hot and Blue Cole Porter compilation this weekend and Night & Day came on and my wife said “this song is pretty industrial!” and I was like it’s *U2*.

Weird they didn’t put that song on the Achtung Baby reissue. Yeah the Steel String remix is there but that original version tho.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    ATYCLB gettin' the Super Deluxe treatment next month. If you're a fanclub member there's really nothing new in this set here, but it's worth it enough to have the Boston Elevation show on vinyl.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    ATYCLB gettin' the Super Deluxe treatment next month. If you're a fanclub member there's really nothing new in this set here, but it's worth it enough to have the Boston Elevation show on vinyl.

what a lousy reissue indeed, nothing new here except some most likely shitty remixes, and they still didn't manage to release the cmplete boston show, still missing mw and one.
    I have been passing on reissues for a while now but this one is a hard pass for sure.

I really don't get it, these bands are all way past their prime now and we still have to wait for them to die in order to possibly get something fresh out of the vault, its really sad.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    what a lousy reissue indeed, nothing new here except some most likely shitty remixes, and they still didn't manage to release the cmplete boston show, still missing mw and one.
    I have been passing on reissues for a while now but this one is a hard pass for sure.

I really don't get it, these bands are all way past their prime now and we still have to wait for them to die in order to possibly get something fresh out of the vault, its really sad.
    I'm sure this set is great for people who haven't been collecting all the fan club releases and shit, but yeah I would have honestly them put all the effort into a POP box-set rather than this, but whatever. Really curious if they're going to leave the part in the Boston show when Bono openly says the N word several times while reciting Patty Smith in Bullet The Blue Sky. That moment has... uhhh.... not aged well.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Ewwww, worst U2 album, ever

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I loved it when it came out. That and the first Coldplay albums, were a real nice alternative to the Limp Bizkit and Grunge wannabes of the world.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I disagree whole heartedly. AYCLB is a very good album, and a very solid return to form after the 90s. The whole album was really helpful in coping with 9/11 so maybe that ties into why I like it so much. But no, I would disagree and say that No Line or Rattle & Hum would be their worst.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

U2

ok so Achtung Baby is getting a 30th anniversary release, November 19th, this is the digital track listing

Achtung Baby
1. “Zoo Station”
2. “Even Better Than The Real Thing”
3. “One”
4. “Until The End Of The World”
5. “Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses”
6. “So Cruel”
7. “The Fly”
8. “Mysterious Ways”
9. “Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World”
10. “Ultra Violet (Light My Way)”
11. “Acrobat”
12. “Love Is Blindness”

Uber Remixes
1. “Night and Day” (Steel String Remix)
2. “Real Thing” (Perfecto Mix)
3. “Mysterious Ways” (Solar Plexus Extended Club Mix)
4. “Lemon” (Perfecto Mix)
5. “Can’t Help Falling in Love” (Triple Peaks Remix)
6. “Lady with the Spinning Head” (Extended Dance remix)
7. “Real Thing” (V16 Exit Wound Remix)
8. “Mysterious Ways” (Ultimatum Mix)
9. “The Lounge” Fly Mix
10. “Mysterious Ways” (The Perfecto Remix)
11. “One” (Apollo 440 Remix)

Unter Remixes
1. “Mysterious Ways” (Tabla Motown Remix)
2. “Mysterious Ways” (Apollo 440 Magic Hour Remix)
3. “Can’t Help Falling in Love” (Mystery Train Dub)
4. “One” (Apollo 440 Ambient Mix)
5. “Lemon” (Momo’s Reprise)
6. “Salomé” (Zooromancer Remix)
7. “Even Better Than The Real Thing” (Trance Mix)
8. “Numb” (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix)
9. “Mysterious Ways “(Solar Plexus Magic Hour Remix)
10. “Numb” (The Soul Assassins Mix)
11. “Even Better Than The Real Thing” (Apollo 440 Stealth Sonic Remix)

B-Sides And Other Stuff
1. “Lady With The Spinning Head” (UV1)
2. “Blow Your House Down”
3. “Salomé”
4. “Even Better Than The Real Thing” (Single Version)
5. “Satellite Of Love”
6. “Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses” (Temple Bar Remix)
7. “Heaven And Hell”
8. “Oh Berlin”
9. “Near The Island” (Instrumental)
10. “Down All The Days”
11. “Paint It Black”
12. “Fortunate Son”
13. “Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk / Korova 1”
14. “Where Did It All Go Wrong?”
15. “Everybody Loves A Winner”
16. “Even Better Than The Real Thing” (Fish Out Of Water Remix)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Ewwww, worst U2 album, ever
    That was probably the last U2 album that I liked. Most of their 00s/10's material sounds like Coldplay to me.

RE: AB boxset. I'm really only interested in the b-side disc.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Didn't they already release this anniversary edition 10 years ago? I'm sure there's a two disc version with album and b-sides out there...

I'd love a Zooropa reissue in a nice digipak with unreleased stuff from that era, but it's most likely never going to happen...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    yup i think you are correct, i think there is an extra track or 2 on the B-Side disc, would have liked some demos personally

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah the tracklisting for this release is identical to the 20th anniversary. And honestly the packaging for the 30th is far inferior to the packaging design for the 20th.

Was at least hoping they'd dust off some old live ZooTV shows that were unreleased, but whatever.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    That was probably the last U2 album that I liked. Most of their 00s/10's material sounds like Coldplay to me.

RE: AB boxset. I'm really only interested in the b-side disc.
    Last album i liked by them is "POP", (nobody likes that one), i agree they started to sound like Coldplay and that's why i dislike "All that you can't leave...", at least during the "Achtung-pop" era they experimented and sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't; but the "All that..." era started a corny, bland, uninspired U2, only interested in Coldplay-esque hits.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Last album i liked by them is "POP", (nobody likes that one), i agree they started to sound like Coldplay and that's why i dislike "All that you can't leave...", at least during the "Achtung-pop" era they experimented and sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't; but the "All that..." era started a corny, bland, uninspired U2, only interested in Coldplay-esque hits.
    i love pop. last record of theirs i like (though i loved 'electrical storm' from the greatest hits comp). agree that they became very stale/boring/safe after pop, likely a knee-jerk reaction to how that album was received overall. shame.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    POP is fucking incredible, and the fact that the majority of U2's fanbase has seemingly bullied the band into never attempting to remaster, rerecord, rerelease or anything honestly fucking sucks. One of the times I saw U2 on the 360º tour, they played Gone, snippeted Discotheque, and something else I can't remember from the era, and I absolutely lost my mind in the crowd and everyone around me couldn't have cared less for the appearances.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    POP is fucking incredible, and the fact that the majority of U2's fanbase has seemingly bullied the band into never attempting to remaster, rerecord, rerelease or anything honestly fucking sucks. One of the times I saw U2 on the 360º tour, they played Gone, snippeted Discotheque, and something else I can't remember from the era, and I absolutely lost my mind in the crowd and everyone around me couldn't have cared less for the appearances.
    Yes, i saw them on the 360º tour and they played "Gone" and "Hold Me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me" (not a Pop song, but a cool one, none less...), to me it was even better than listening to "Where the streets have no name", for the 10th time...

"Gone", "Wake up Dead Man", "Mofo" and "Miami" are among the best songs the band has ever done...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Happy to see some love for pop! +1

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Pop is great.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Pop is great.
    The Mexico City DVD from Pop is fucking awesome. Probably one of my favorite concert videos of all time.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I absolutely love POP…it’s the album that made me a fan. My only regret is passing on seeing them during that tour…

in other news, I just bought the 30th ann. Deluxe album and it ran me $75 after shipping (Jesus Christ)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    All this POP talk has me remembering being a kid when that album came out, and U2 filming the music video for Last Night on Earth here in KC. They were here for like 4 or 5 days before the actual Popmart show, filming downtown and on I-70 near my mom's house. That house was also across the street from the stadium they played at, so on the night of the show my mom and I sat on the porch and listened to it. But when they were filming the video for those few days, all the local news talked about was what U2 did that day, showing paparazzi footage of the band filming and then footage of them eating at local BBQ joints and shit.

I would say that still to this day, that's the biggest celebrity event I can think of outside of people seeing the Royals and Chiefs players around town. It was like Beatles mania in this city for a few days.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

U2

guys, what is the Kindergarten - The Alternative Achtung Baby, are they demos?

Last edited by [parasite]; 11-21-2021 at 04:17 AM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [parasite] View Post
    Yes. They're about halfway to finished, I'd say. Not super rough, but not completely evolved.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    thank you

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

U2

Quote Originally Posted by [parasite] View Post

i don’t suppose anyone knows where i can buy these tracks?
    thanks

Last edited by [parasite]; 11-24-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    My ranking:

The essentials:

The Unforgettable Fire (1984)
    The Joshua Tree (1987)
    Achtung Baby (1991)
    Zooropa (1993)
    Rattle and Hum (1988)
    War (1983)

The Very Good

Boy (1980)

October (1981)

Good:
    Pop (1997)

All That You Can't Leave Behind (2000)
    How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (2004)

I could take or leave:
    No Line on the Horizon (2009)

Songs of Innocence (2014)
    Songs of Experience (2017)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Worth every penny!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Worth every penny
    What Mystery Cover did you get under the slipcase?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ok, so i've managed to locate 10 tracks of the Kindergarten disc

i'm just now looking for;

'baby' Mysterious Ways
    'baby' Tryin to Throw Your Arms Around the World

if anyone knows where to find these?
    thanks

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered album popped up this morning, love most of the covers.