Quote Originally Posted by kenz87 View Post
elevenism, I agree with you that her Blood Canticle was not so much, but I wouldn't call it a big let down. She has done a great work in the field of writing business and her books - is one of the greatest motivational things, that helped me to start my writing essays career, as well as write any type of a book.
that's awesome. All of this is subjective, I guess, you know?

With Blood Canticle, it just felt SO phoned in. It was like, one last vampire story before she went Christian. I really didn't like it- mostly, i didn't like LESTAT in it. I liked the other characters.

As far as "great work in the field of writing," dude, absolutely . I've read everything she's ever written, except for the two werewolf books, but, I have them and will read them.

I ADORE Anne Rice: everything from The Witching Hour, to The Mummy, to Queen of the Damned, the Christ the Lord books, Cry to Heaven, Servant of the Bones, The Feast of all Saints...you get the idea.

Her work has been a beautiful, inspiring, fulfilling delight for me, since 1993 or so -I started reading when I was 13 and never looked back.

But, I gotta say: Blood Canticle is my SECOND least favorite. It was the return of lestat, and it was a huge letdown for me, and, what was worse, was that after that underwhelming return, she had said that the vampire chronicles were OVER.

Then, Prince Lestat happened, which was just fucking STUNNING. It was also the first true sequel to QoTD, which, OMG, it tripped me out when I realized that
I think that she didn't know where to go with the story, hence, Armand, Vittorio, Blood and Gold, Pandora, etc.

I fucking HATED Realms of Atlantis, though. I fucking rage quit that one.

BUT, I have to cut her a break. She started this series in her thirties, and now she's in her seventies. Things change. People change.

But, I felt like Atlantis sort of UNDID a whole lot of what I loved about the series.

Honestly, at this point, I'm fucking THRILLED, just to spend time with our characters: to hear about what they're up to, and what their lodgings and clothes are like, and hear them talk to one another. And that's what Blood Communion is like.