Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, good news and not so good news.

Not so good news: TWO more BioShock Infinited developers have left Irrational to work for Microsoft. Hopefully Rod and Ken can keep it going...

Good news: The official Facebook page has a countdown (just over 3 days left) until a new trailer is released. You can vote for what you want to 'see more of', i.e. Elizabeth or Songbird, Zeppelins or Ziplines, Handyman or Motorized Patriot.

Also, they've been teasing images all day. My guess is a Handyman figure that'll be included in the collector's edition. Also a pic of what looks like some type of book, and one of the crow medicine bottles...exciting!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm assuming the game's close to finished now. Levine had said they were going radio silent until the game is finished and finalized. The guys who left (conveniently recent from one another) prolly stuck around until it was finished. Just have a feeling that these departures aren't going to affect anything but Irrational.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well that didn't take long. Premium and Collector's Editions announced this morning. Collector's has all the stuff in the Premium but with a 9" Songbird statue. Premium will be $79.99 and Collector's is $149.99

I'd get the Collector's since a hundred and fifty bucks is nothing for what you get, but like I need another statue that two months later makes me think 'why did I need this again?'

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I just finished the first installment and I immediately fell in love with this series. I heard the second game doesn't compare, but I'll keep an open mind for that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's not as good, but better than most that say that will lead you to believe. I still loved it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yea the guy at Gamestop said "Don't even bother playing it", and I was like thinking is it really that bad? Plus I found it pretty ridiculous for him to tell me not to even play it. I cannot imagine it being so bad when it still got great reviews and how the first one was so dam good. I know you are a Big Daddy in this one, but the story has to be just as good right?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I love the second game. Its different though. The story takes a different approach than the first one did. The story is good. But some people just can't handle when something takes a new direction. Gameplay-wise, its the same as the first game, but more refined. Also, I enjoyed the "adopt" portions of the game. But basically, if you're expecting the story to be dark and gritty like the first one, and nothing else, you'll be disappointed. But if you liked the first game and don't mind the story taking another direction, you'll probably enjoy it. The DLC, Minerva's Den, was great as well.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The story itself in the first game was not too intricate, but it was right to the point and it went so well with how the characters and enemies were portrayed. I'm sure the second has dark elements in it, but I will go into this with an open mind once I buy it in the PS store. I'm a sucker for games that have a lot of originality and it seems like this series is one of few that still stand with that. Cannot wait!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I liked Bioshock 2. Never played the first game. I will and should sometime but as far as the raving reviews and fandom is for this game series I don't consider myself one too much. Doesn't blow me away like everyone else.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm reeeally tempted to get the Collector's Edition, since I have 4 months to come up with the money gradually, but meh...I can get everything I REALLY want (soundtrack, art book, all that) for almost nothing more than the cost of the game itself. I'd rather put the money toward that Metal Gear Rising pre-order.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I might just go with the 80 dollar one. Seems to have everything but the statue. Dunno. I want the collectors edition, but there's other things I want (DMC, and the Bond 50 box set which is almost 200...).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I liked Bioshock 2. Never played the first game. I will and should sometime but as far as the raving reviews and fandom is for this game series I don't consider myself one too much. Doesn't blow me away like everyone else.
    I liked the first game a lot more than the second one, never even finished it. I'll get Infinite at some point, but this series isn't something I want bad enough to pre-order.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I might just go with the 80 dollar one. Seems to have everything but the statue. Dunno. I want the collectors edition, but there's other things I want (DMC, and the Bond 50 box set which is almost 200...).
    I'm already super bummed that I can't buy AC3 on day 1, OR the ZOE HD Collection. So hopefully some kind of magic will work to where I can get at least one or the other. In a way, I'm glad Bioshock was pushed back, because I might actually be able to afford it, along with Rising and Maaaybe DMC.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I might not be able to get AC3 on launch day either so don't feel bad. Infact, it was kind of a blessing they delayed infinite. I had it completely paid off before the delay, so I was able to use the funds to buy Dishonored. So I get to start from scratch again, but yet I have plenty of time to pay off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy fuck.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Indeed. Holy fuck. Passed by gamestop this morning. They've already set up displays for it. Kinda early if you ask me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I still think this game series is overhyped to hell but I do enjoy it. The trailer looked cool. Must suffice for a pre-order. Don't know.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think its going to be amazing. But I think hyping up a game as early as they have has been kinda ridiculous. Liked the things I've seen and everything, but why couldn't they just say "new Bioshock" and do without the dick tease. All three years of it. And the fact that they're hyping it again now, when its a February release is just puzzling. What about Halo? That's next month. Would make more sense to hype that up or something in this year. It was all Bioshock. Not even Call of Duty...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah they've got shit up for it at my EB Games too, craziness. Gonna swing by there before work today to cancel/reinstate my preorder to get that new online game where you can unlock in-game shit. Still hands down the best video game series ever.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This is the nature of gaming retail now, it's all about preorders, release day really has little or no meaning other than being "the day you can actually legally play a new game".

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    What even comes with the pre-order of this? If anything has been announced?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    This is the nature of gaming retail now, it's all about preorders, release day really has little or no meaning other than being "the day you can actually legally play a new game".
    Yeah totally, it just goes along with every other form of media and how retailers, theaters have realized the general population's attention span has officially dropped to zero. It's the very reason there's midnight showings of movies.

"IT'S TECHNICALLY FRIDAY. SHOW ME THE FUCKING MOVIE NOW."

I think the Revolution online flash game is a good idea...finishing it unlocks a code to redeem when the game drops for an in-game weapon, cash, and other things they haven't announced. Not like I won't be drooling when it comes out anyways...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I agree. But you don't see many games get promoted so early before launch like this one. You may hear a few things, but they usually keep everything close to the chest until the last month or two prior. We're not even in the holiday season yet. They could be pushing the november batch of games, but instead they're going with the one in february. Cool that it's getting all this attention, but it just seems a little too much, too soon.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Made me lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I give a shit. It's like the end of return of the Jedi over here.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: BioShock

Not a big deal for me. Seemed pretty unlikely two years ago. If the guy says "we'll add multiplayer if it makes sense". So its really no surprise (for me). I think tacking on multiplayer is getting a little ridiculous anyway. The multiplayer in Bioshock 2 was alright, but it was also very unnecessary. If only other publishers/developers (hint, hint EA. Hint, hint Dead Space 3) read the memo and know that multiplayer isn't always necessary, or a good idea.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah I think we've pretty much discussed multiplayer in this game to death at this point.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I dig.