Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Wondered when we were going to be hearing about that! Can't wait then again, still stuck waiting many more weeks (hopefully).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Clash in The Clouds, an arena wave-based DLC in 4 new maps that unlocks new Voxophones, behind the scenes videos, etc. is available now.

Burial At Sea, a 2 part upcoming DLC (first part later this year, second part at the beginning of 2014) will take you back to Rapture on the eve of the underwater city's downfall in a noir-like mystery. You will play as Booker in the first part, and as Elizabeth in the second. The return of familiar characters, as well as new Big Daddies and areas in Rapture has been announced as some of the key features in this DLC.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I was hoping for something better than a wave based trial thing BUT I still bought it!

The Burial At Sea DLC looks awesome and has a more mature Elizabeth? Sweet.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Can't say I'm surpised by the trials mode. Bioshock 2 did it as well. The extra lore that comes with it seems promising though. The return to rapture was predictable. But, I didn't expect to see a civilized city. Maybe it takes place during the civil war prior to the first game? And it supposedly ties everything together somehow. So, I'm curious to see how that works out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why download it when there's already two games in Rapture tho

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Can't say I'm surpised by the trials mode. Bioshock 2 did it as well. The extra lore that comes with it seems promising though. The return to rapture was predictable. But, I didn't expect to see a civilized city. Maybe it takes place during the civil war prior to the first game? And it supposedly ties everything together somehow. So, I'm curious to see how that works out.
    Well, the beauty with Infinite is that with this DLC, it could take place in Rapture and still have nothing to do with the events of the Rapture from the first two games; it'd just be in an alternate universe. I'm sure they'll have a way to tie it all together, too, though. Pretty stoked!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twilight explosion View Post
    Because I love BioShock and would gladly play a dozen games in the setting if they ever chose to make them?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Because Rapture is fucking awesome! I love that environment. And if it's before all of the destruction of Rapture, it'll be interesting to see what lead up to everything unwinding.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I love the fuck out of Bioshock... but the price of that love is that anytime some new bioshock comes out i get really nervous about it. Why cant i just have faith. PLEASE DONT FUCK THIS UP!

I was also kind of hoping for a story that gave more insigbt into the song bird... so im kind of disappointed on that front. And i think rapture is a little worn through...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I bought the Clash in the Clouds DLC as stated. It's not bad but I never was one for horde/challenge/trials gameplay. Just pretty much proves how much I royally suck, to be honest. Then again, most of my deaths were unfair for the fact my controller's left analog stick isn't that responsive now to when I click down and move. I essentially can't run in FPS games now...great.

I will never get all the blue ribbons. I managed to get 9 from the Ops Zeal Arena. Some of them are really difficult and just straight up time consuming.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I bought the Clash in the Clouds DLC as stated. It's not bad but I never was one for horde/challenge/trials gameplay. Just pretty much proves how much I royally suck, to be honest. Then again, most of my deaths were unfair for the fact my controller's left analog stick isn't that responsive now to when I click down and move. I essentially can't run in FPS games now...great.

I will never get all the blue ribbons. I managed to get 9 from the Ops Zeal Arena. Some of them are really difficult and just straight up time consuming.
    Ive burned through god knows how many xbox 360 controllers and microphones, and a few consoles. Not built to last exactly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Because I love BioShock and would gladly play a dozen games in the setting if they ever chose to make them?
    but if Columbia was the focus of Infinite, why go back to Rapture? What's the point?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    wait, there's been DLC for a bit now, and I never even got a message on my PSN account about it, despite the fact that I bought the season pass, and, I know I'm being presumptuous here, but this sounds like a lame DLC considering the wait.

There's almost no way to spin this where we can't all agree that Irrational is just fucking this up. The game was fanstastic, probably the best game I've played all year, but come the fuck on.

I'm not passing final judgment, but going in, I'm saying my expectations have been significantly lowered and I'm pretty sure I'd just like my 20 bucks back at this point. In fact, that'd be an awesome option. "Get your fucking money back, especially since this sounds sort of half assed and you don't care that much anymore! And besides, if you wanted to buy it again IT WOULD COST THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY RIGHT NOW, and that's not considering sales that have happened on the PC.

This is fucking gross.

Maybe it's a good thing, but one thing that Bioshock Infinite has definitely accomplished is the complete death of the "season pass" idea. I, for one, will never buy into something moronic like this ever again.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-31-2013 at 04:59 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    but if Columbia was the focus of Infinite, why go back to Rapture? What's the point?
    To further expand the universe and canon. I have faith...if it's the same team that did Infinite, I don't think they'll let me down.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Individual pricing for the three DLC: CitC - $5. BaS - $15 each. Total - $35 (without the season pass, of course).

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    When it's all said and done, at least we're finally getting some information.

And, considering the ending, I'm fine with going back to Rapture. Actually, and it's the geekiest of arguments, but on a whole I very much preferred the atmosphere of Rapture.

Still, now that the DLC is making me look back on the game, I'm going to say that my favorite atmospheric moments from Columbia involved the old-timey reinterpretations of hit songs. The part when the blimp floated by with the barbershop quartet singing "God Only Knows" ranks as one of my favorite moments from a video game ever, and it was something so easy to miss and brilliantly positioned.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I loved it too, and made a concerted effort to track down good quality rips of all the songs in the game that weren't on the official OST that came with it. Love that they're in CitC in the showroom as well.

Also, Ken Levine just gave an interesting interview here with Kotaku that I really thought was a good read.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Huge spoiler!

vvvvvvvvvv
    vvvvvvvvv
    vvvvvvvv
    vvvvvvv
    vvvvvv
    vvvvv
    vvvv
    vvv
    vv
    v

I guess this means that DeWitt / Comstock isn't Ryan after all (DeWitt was able to use the bathysphere in Rapture, only Ryan or his clones could do this)?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Good catch! Hopefully they'll explain it more in depth. Levine has been answering questions (vaguely, of course) all day via his Twitter feed:
    RT warpzon3 @IGLevine How can Booker and Liz go to Rapture when it wasn't build until the fifties? --Actually '46. But, hmmm...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    that's such a silly question in this game which is entirely about warps in the space time continuum and parades around it's archetypal nature as though it's some kind of shocking twist.

How Can Booker go to Rapture even though it's in the future? Isn't there a character in this game that can bend time and space?

People some times.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Pretty much. We could be seeing a Rapture where there are giant purple dinosaurs flipping pancakes in the Rapture kitchens. I mean, the possibilities are literally infinite. It can be canon and still have absolutely nothing to do with the events in Infinite or the first two Bioshock games; just another alternate reality that they want people to be able to explore.

Edit: Well, I say canon because it'd presumably be in the same universe as the game, but at the same time, in a different universe within the game's universe...if that makes sense.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I don't particularly mind if I'm exploring a Barney-staffed Rapture. I just want more of that sweet sweet Bioshock gameplay. I'll take any excuse.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Replica vigor bottles incoming...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Replica vigor bottles incoming...

Only thing that'd make it cooler if they were filled with actual consumable liquid.

-

I beat the first two arenas in the Clash in the Clouds DLC and have unlocked all the artwork in the museum. Quite cool and neat. The DLC is a great time waster and I have some moderate fun pounding through waves. It's not ground-breakingly fun or thought provoking but its great to play to just fuck around with.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The little surprise at the end once you finish all of it is pretty neat.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Never mind about the replica bottles for now anyways. Only Devil's Kiss, ltd. run of 500, 450 unsigned and 50 signed. $350 and $600. Fuuuuuuck that noise.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Seriously. I was actually kinda interested in those if they were gonna be around $100, but no thanks...I figured they'd be pricey, but come on. An additional $250 for the autographed one? It'd better come with a blowie from Courtnee Draper for that price.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's a little too pricey...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just finished the Hall of Heroes level - the motorized patriot is brilliant, an enemy with an actual sense of humour. I'm loving this game

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by worzelg View Post
    just finished the hall of heroes level - the motorized patriot is brilliant, an enemy with an actual sense of humour. I'm loving this game
    Reap what you sow!