Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1590

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    That's great but kinda too selective. Charlie, Jerome, Richard and Josh Fucking Freese all deserve to be there too. Or just Charlie at the very least, who did TONS of contributions to both studio and live music
    It wouldn't be a proper induction without some controversy over who's selected. I'm just glad they added more than just Trent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah Rock Hall always fucks it up somehow by excluding someone. But it's great to have the other guys in there at least.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I assume the idea was to induct the Woodstock lineup and the current lineup but if that was to be the actual case then James Woolley would have made the list.

Either way I’m glad some other members made it. Robin Finck to me is the epitome of guitars in NIN so he deserves this. Like everytime I hear guitar in a NIN song, Robin is playing it in my head even if he really isn’t on the recording.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 09-02-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Awesome news, the current live band definitely deserved it, as do Chris and Danny! Shame some of the other guys got passed over but I'm sure it has to do with length of time in the band.

I'm sure that is going to make Illan one of, if not the youngest person in the HoF.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm not super well versed in each live members' contributions outside of the shows, but wasn't Charlie Clouser in the band the entire time that Danny Lohner was? Seems like a weird exclusion.

Otherwise, it's the entire current live band plus two Self-Destruct era guys, which seems like the kind of coverage the Rock Hall goes for (and usually fails to do). The current live guys all have decent tenure (Robin especially, that one's a slam dunk), though I'd argue about Ilan, but if you're including everyone else then it looks like Ilan is being specifically excluded.

I'm pretty surprised they bothered at all, to be honest. They could have stuck with solely Trent and no one would have a strong argument against it, but they're courting some hurt feelings by diving into the live band.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm very sure Trent will mention those not inducted in his speech.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    I'm not super well versed in each live members' contributions outside of the shows, but wasn't Charlie Clouser in the band the entire time that Danny Lohner was? Seems like a weird exclusion.

Otherwise, it's the entire current live band plus two Self-Destruct era guys, which seems like the kind of coverage the Rock Hall goes for (and usually fails to do). The current live guys all have decent tenure (Robin especially, that one's a slam dunk), though I'd argue about Ilan, but if you're including everyone else then it looks like Ilan is being specifically excluded.

I'm pretty surprised they bothered at all, to be honest. They could have stuck with solely Trent and no one would have a strong argument against it, but they're courting some hurt feelings by diving into the live band.
    Danny Lohner was longer in the band, since Charlie Clouser joined it to replace James Woolley in the middle of The Downward Spiral tour, not at the beggining.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post

With drummer being higher turnover and Illan's recent involvement, his inclusion makes sense. I couldn't find it, but at some point I had seen the total number of live performances for each member, was curious how the various drummer show counts stack up. I thought it was NIN Tour History, but that'll show it for an individual fan's number of shows seen not sum of all shows. When I saw it, I was surprised at how close Ally was to Robin for the total show count.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    List looks like it's based on those who were longer in the live line-up, so it makes sense to me and only thing I would change is add Clouser to it since he did a lot of contributions. Maybe some of those will be mentioned like Freese, Wooley, JMJ, maybe Clouser.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I wonder if we'll get little anecdotes for the guys not being inducted or if he'll just do a straight list of names. I think either one would be appropriate.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Whoever did that timeline on Wikipedia (screenshot above) got a few things wrong. Jeff Ward joined the band in early 91, not 1990. Ilan didn't play any guitars on WG tour, and Robin never played any bass. And that's not all.

/nazi mode off

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Danny Lohner was longer in the band, since Charlie Clouser joined it to replace James Woolley in the middle of The Downward Spiral tour, not at the beggining.
    Yeah, it's a little surprising, but they did over 100 shows with Woolley in 1994 before Clouser joined. In fact, Woolley ended up with a higher total show count than Clouser did.

Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    I couldn't find it, but at some point I had seen the total number of live performances for each member, was curious how the various drummer show counts stack up. I thought it was NIN Tour History, but that'll show it for an individual fan's number of shows seen not sum of all shows. When I saw it, I was surprised at how close Ally was to Robin for the total show count.
    Here it is:

https://happinessinheresy.com/nin-members/

Robin is still the winner (behind only Trent), but Ally made up a lot of ground on him because of the relentless touring from 2005-2007, when Ally was in the band and Robin wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Whoever did that timeline on Wikipedia (screenshot above) got a few things wrong. Jeff Ward joined the band in early 91, not 1990. Ilan didn't play any guitars on WG tour, and Robin never played any bass. And that's not all.
    The graph is auto-generated based on date data supplied, so the graphic is rendered correctly, assuming the underlying data is entered correct. The data on Wikipedia had Jeff Ward joining the band on 8/6/90, the day after the last show of the Hate tour (Vrenna's last show). That's probably not quite accurate, and it would be more correct to put his first date as the first date of the Sin tour, in late Dec. 1990.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Displayed in the 2020 New Inductees exhibit at the RRHOF

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Count me in as well in thinking that Charlie C. should have been included.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Danny Lohner also came back for a one-time performance at the end of 2009. Oddly, out of everyone in the Lollapalooza '91 live band they specifically mentioned in the blurb above, only Reznor is inducted.

It's a pretty remarkable and long-overdue recognition for Chris Vrenna to get in there; he goes all the way back, having met TR in high school, and rooming with him in the early Cleveland days. I think he went on to do at least some studio work on just about everything NIN did up until... "The Perfect Drug", I believe? He's in video, at least.
    Last edited by botley; 09-02-2020 at 09:12 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Fucked up not including clouser.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Absolutely have to include Clouser if you're gonna go down this road. No-brainer. I don't see Ilan playing no fucking theremin.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 09-03-2020 at 02:59 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I really hope so. I think recognising a few other key players in the band is really important.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Vrenna is about as close as you can get to a "founding member" that the Rock Hall typically loves to induct. Clouser absolutely deserves it, too. Josh Freese as well, kind of along the same lines as Robert Smith pushing to get Reeves Gabrels in with the Cure; not just for whatever relatively minor role either may have had in their respective bands, but for their work in music as a whole.

But it's really just a good thing that they're recognizing other members at all, whether that's TR's work or otherwise. Very cool.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That list was requested/curated by Trent or i will stop calling myself alfonso99!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Richard had some fb post last night cursing about something...He was pretty vague about it. I can take a wild guess as to what it was about.....No Aaron (clearly he has some.....issues)....No Twiggy (clearly he has some.....issues)....No surfer dude brah Spicoli Jr dude like dude totally awesome dude Josh Freese.....No Justin (he has some.....issues).....No Richard (he has some......issues).....No Clouser (I still doubt he and Trent made up)......No Jerome (I still doubt he and Trent made up)......Starting to think TR was involved in every single aspect of this list...Little to perfectly made up. Every guy he had issues with is off the list. Every guy who has personal problems is off the list. Everyone he is on good terms with is on the list...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Richard had some fb post last night cursing about something...He was pretty vague about it. I can take a wild guess as to what it was about.....No Aaron (clearly he has some.....issues)....No Twiggy (clearly he has some.....issues)....No surfer dude brah Spicoli Jr dude like dude totally awesome dude Josh Freese.....No Justin (he has some.....issues).....No Richard (he has some......issues).....No Clouser (I still doubt he and Trent made up)......No Jerome (I still doubt he and Trent made up)......Starting to think TR was involved in every single aspect of this list...Little to perfectly made up. Every guy he had issues with is off the list. Every guy who has personal problems is off the list. Everyone he is on good terms with is on the list...

What issue does Justin Medal Johnson have

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post
    What issue does Justin Medal Johnson have
    Yeah, I was about to ask the same thing. Everything else made sense to me except this part. Did we miss something?? Also, as far as I know, Richard and Trent are on good terms.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, I was about to ask the same thing. Everything else made sense to me except this part. Did we miss something?? Also, as far as I know, Richard and Trent are on good terms.
    Yeah, I dunno? Guessing it's just because he's a scientologist, but not sure what that has to do with anything. And what kind of bad blood is there with Charlie? I thought he was making plans to attend the induction ceremony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All this talk about Charlie makes me wish someone would make a gif of him playing the theremin with a caption underneath that says, “Theremin Power!”

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Absolutely have to include Clouser if you're gonna go down this road. No-brainer. I don't see Ilan playing no fucking theremin.
    No Clouser is nonsense to me. Can you imagine The Fragility tour without Clouser?

I am very happy for Il Italiano, don't get me wrong but Charlie and the Theremin is the stuff of legend in Ninland. I'm also very happy for Vrenna.

I would have placed my man Jerome instead of Ilan, no offense to him.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CEqOp3ED...ource=ig_embed

I think someone isn't too happy about the news...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Lol he also added this comment

Ttrust is dead... i trust no one except for my wife and kids...
    Last edited by HWB; 09-04-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CEqOp3ED...ource=ig_embed

I think someone isn't too happy about the news...
    he put it on facebook and instagram?? he must be really mad!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Richard Patrick hasn't been a relevant member of Nine Inch Nails for 27 years...
    Donno why he thinks he should be on this list.

Kinda shocked and surprised to see Vrenna was added, that's cool.
    Makes me even more sad and depressed about this whole COVID thing now... Imagine a live induction with Vrenna and Lohner back for the live performance... Christ.

Trent is the master at manipulating technology, so I really hope he does some cool virtual performance with all these dudes in some capacity or another.