Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1559

Thread: Kanye West

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    What the fuck, that hit me out of nowhere! Oh well, you know you are in some real shit, when Kanye tells you straight up in the first song that he thought about killing you.

Yikes (he fucking named it Yikes...) and Ghost Town are fucking amazing and that first track will be referenced and meme'd to death forever, so after just one listen I can say he produced at least 3 well worthy songs out of the 7, which I am content with. People praise Violent Crimes as well but I'm not feeling yet.

Time to play Yikes and Ghost town for 100 times each, then I revisit the rest. Blessed be this bipolar nigga for making the wait for Bad Witch easier.

edit: I also agree with that one reddit user who said that Yikes is basically a fixed Wolves. It really gives me those Wolves vibes and I have chills all over. Sounds sooo motivational.
    Last edited by Volband; 06-02-2018 at 01:42 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Yikes at first was the only song I wasn't feeling all the way through since it felt like a retread of the Wolves, but I've liked it more upon more listens.

I really love this new record way more than I would.

No Mistakes is probably one of my favorite songs of his.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Worst "mainstream" album of the year, so far. Lazy rhyyyyyyyyyyymes, short running tiiiiiiiiiiime. The best parts of this have nothing to do with Kanye.

This comes across boring overall. The energy (production) of early Drake and The Weeknd with about a quarter of the soul. The only song I actually enjoyed was "Wouldn't Leave", which I don't think anyone has mentioned.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Wouldn't it be considered more "ego-driven bullshit" to believe there's a "proper" way to mix as opposed to making choices simply based on creative expression and feeling? If that's the way Kanye wants to portray his art then why would he send it to be mastered anyway but "the right way"? You don't have to enjoy it. Just say "it's not for me".
    On a certain level I agree with you, I'm all for experimentation in audio mixing. But in this particular instance it's not some artistic move, it's just mastered as loud as it can be and therefore distorts when any vocal gets louder than the average volume. It doesn't sound good, and I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who'd enjoy it more mixed this way than without the clipping. It's just the loudness war, nothing more.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Kanye West

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The only song I actually enjoyed was "Wouldn't Leave", which I don't think anyone has mentioned.
    Big fan of that one! Then again I’m also a Jeffery fan. :7

With more spins, I like this release even more.
    Last edited by Amaro; 06-02-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I watched the livestream of Kids See Ghosts and maybe my disappointment with ye set the bar low but I loved it. It’s clear a ton of time and effort went into it (whereas ye was made in 2 weeks according to Kim K). It felt like it had a clear journey and atmosphere and identity, with far more detail and attention than ye had. I’m looking forward to relistens but it felt like Cudi brought the absolute best out in him and the sound and production style was miles ahead of ye’s, if by the end of the summer ye is the only dud of the 5 albums he’s producing then tbis run for GOOD Music will be legendary.

Also despite saying no more physical releases ye has a vingl and cd up for preorder which is hilarious to me

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So Kids See Ghosts got uploaded to streaming services with the wrong titles for tracks for whatever weird reason, but it sounds great. I think TLOP's best songs and the whole time period of that release and tour make me love it more but KSG is a better start to finish album.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    So Kids See Ghosts got uploaded to streaming services with the wrong titles for tracks for whatever weird reason, but it sounds great. I think TLOP's best songs and the whole time period of that release and tour make me love it more but KSG is a better start to finish album.
    Listening to it right now. Everything sounds tight, focused and fluent. Reborn and 4th Dimension are stellar.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    So far KSG was the first of these 7 song Kanye produced releases that didn't do anything for me as I thought Ye and DAYTONA were fantastic. Maybe more listens will win me over.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    So far KSG was the first of these 7 song Kanye produced releases that didn't do anything for me as I thought Ye and DAYTONA were fantastic. Maybe more listens will win me over.
    I'm suuuper into KSG. Definitely my favorite of the releases so far, with Daytona trailing close behind. Ye is so fucking bad though I don't even know if I want to put it in the same grouping with the rest of the releases. The new NAS album next week should hopefully be really fucking good.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I'm suuuper into KSG. Definitely my favorite of the releases so far, with Daytona trailing close behind. Ye is so fucking bad though I don't even know if I want to put it in the same grouping with the rest of the releases. The new NAS album next week should hopefully be really fucking good.
    Man, I couldn't disagree more on Ye. Its easily top five Kanye releases for me behind Graduation. It's like a condensed Pablo, but I can see why people aren't feeling it. =/

And yeah, I'm psyched for Nas!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    In a shocking turn of events Anthony Fantano (who usually dislikes Kanye projects and once gave a Cudi album a 0) gave Kids See Ghosts a 10. I’m happily surprised by this, the man doesn’t even think MBDTF is a classic.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Well, he's not wrong lol

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Kanye will be a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Thursday night. No word on if it's an interview or performance yet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I liked the Kids See Ghosts album a lot, hope there is more from them in the future. Was disappointed by "ye"... it seemed more like a reaction to recent controversies than a good body of songs. It's a contrast to MBDTF, College Dropout, 808s etc, where the music was inspired by loss or tragedies but also had good songwriting and sounds. I think Kanye even said that "ye" was re-done last minute as a reaction to tmz and the backlash.

No one should ever be surprised by Kanye "losing his mind" or saying something strange. That's been standard since like...2005. That's not the only side of him as a person but it is magnified a lot more than any other part of his career. Doesn't justify his weird or sometimes terrible statements though. I disagree with him a lot (a LOT). Just saying he is a person outside of his public perception.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Kanye will be a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Thursday night. No word on if it's an interview or performance yet.
    I can’t wait for Jimmy to laugh nervously after everything he says

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The usual Kanye bullshit. Interesting how, after mentioning Trump, Kimmel called him out on it and all he could do was sit in silence and force them to cut to a commercial break.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The usual Kanye bullshit. Interesting how, after mentioning Trump, Kimmel called him out on it and all he could do was sit in silence and force them to cut to a commercial break.

I found the interview to be entertaining, no big drama or stuff like that.

It’s the first and only interview of his that I have seen, and honestly I don’t follow the guy at all, but he came across better than I thought. In fact, I think he made some very good points even if at times it seemed like he had a hard time to put his thoughts together into a coherent speech that would make sense to the average tv audience. The format is just not the right one for those purposes. I’d love to listen to him on a podcast or a format like that where he could elaborate without the interruption of the audience (with either laughter, or awkward silences).

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So he announced Watch the Throne 2, has hinted at a Yeezus sequel and now it’s official he and Chance are making an album together called Good Ass Job (which was the original intended follow-up to Graduation before his mom died and he scrapped it and was briefly the title of MBDTF). It’s entirely possible this guy puts out 3 more 7-tracks before the year is over if not more considering Cruel Winter is still sitting on the shelf and who knows what else.

Edit: It’s called Yandhi and comes out on the 29th. He’s also gonna be on SNL again.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 09-18-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Shout out to the chud in the MAGA hat.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Kanye stopped by The Fader’s offices in New York today to play some songs from the new album. According to a report from Fader, he was wearing a Colin Kaepernick sweatshirt, which he’d designed earlier this morning, and a MAGA hat, which he said he had redesigned: “I changed the brim, I mean I changed the shape right here and I put positive energy into the hat.” Kanye also revealed the album features 6ix9ine (a convicted sex offender) and the late XXXTentacion (who was accused of kidnapping and beating his pregnant girlfriend among other crimes), and he said he would have preferred Louis C.K. (who has admitted to multiple instances of masturbating in front of women against their will) as host instead of Adam Driver.

He also described Donald Trump and InfoWars’ Alex Jones as “matrix-breakers,” and he falsely stated that there were only about 800 slaves in the United States in the 1800s. (In fact, it was almost 4 million.) And he said he wants to build a flying car factory in Chicago with Tesla alums and announced that “a woman’s pussy count goes back to zero” after undergoing any plastic surgery.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    The problem isn't Kanye anymore, its places like Fader & SNL.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm a huge Kanye stan but 69, XXX, and defending people like Asap Bari is pushing me to the limit. Kinda bummed out for this release right now...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    The problem isn't Kanye anymore, its places like Fader & SNL.
    i think you’re right, it’s the platform given and they’re revelling in it. People should take much less stock than they do in what he says and just listen to the music.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    i think you’re right, it’s the platform given and they’re revelling in it. People should take much less stock than they do in what he says and just listen to the music.
    Its hard to ignore what he's saying and just listen to the music though when the music he's putting out is just as shitty as his public persona at the moment.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Thread.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It saddens me how much I liked him as an artist at one point and how much of a hack he has been post 2010. The stunts he does, the things he says and everything he claims he stands for is pre-fabricated for hype purposes which I don't quite get considering everything before 2010 was well received and critically acclaimed? You didn't need added controversy.

The moment he married into the Kardashian Family I knew it was over. His music has been shit to me since Yeezus anyways. The last album I partially enjoyed was My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and 808's is still his greatest piece of work to me and it looks like it's always gonna be that way too.

Oh well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Even better, after the final good night with the crew and Kanye's third shitty song and the cameras stopped rolling...Kanye went on a pro-Trump rant.

Chris Rock recorded it all and put it on his Instagram, because 2018.