Page 63 of 131 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 3921

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Man I'm gonna really have to disagree with this. The Elder was a good album made by the wrong band- KISS fans want a KISS album.

Lulu sounds like fucking shit all the way around. I'm sure it'll have its cult following just because of the huge fan base of Metallica and Reed.

I love The Elder, great album IMO that would've been received better from a prog rock band or something.
    KISS tried to get critical respect with The Elder, but even with Lou Reed co-writing three songs, critics still shit all over it, because it was a KISS record, and their fans hated it too.

I love Pitchfork's 0/10 review, calling it a "horrible, horrible, horrible" album, yet the reviewer doesn't actually discuss the actual music--just that it was an "inspiration for Spinal Tap," etc.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200306260...he-elder.shtml

Anyway, I always loved this album, this being a favorite of mine:
    Last edited by GulDukat; 04-24-2015 at 05:20 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    KISS tried to get critical respect with The Elder, but even with Lou Reed co-writing three songs, critics still shit all over it, because it was a KISS record, and their fans hated it too.

I love Pitchfork's 0/10 review, calling it a "horrible, horrible, horrible" album, yet the reviewer doesn't actually discuss the actual music--just that it was an "inspiration for Spinal Tap," etc.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200306260...he-elder.shtml

Anyway, I always loved this album, this being a favorite of mine:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one around here who likes Music From The Elder.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one around here who likes Music From The Elder.
    I'm sure not everyone here is a fan, but I don't recall anyone on ETS shatting on The Elder either.

There is hope for mankind.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm sure not everyone here is a fan, but I don't recall anyone on ETS shatting on The Elder either.

There is hope for mankind.
    You're right. People shit all over other albums way more than The Elder. But I've noticed that Dynasty and The Elder are kind of like the 50 Shades/Twilight of the KISS catalogue (that comparison was physically painful for me to write) because a lot (not all, mind you) of the people who seem to hate on them the most are people who've never actually heard them (or more than one song) and bash it based more on word of mouth.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    You're right. People shit all over other albums way more than The Elder. But I've noticed that Dynasty and The Elder are kind of like the 50 Shades/Twilight of the KISS catalogue (that comparison was physically painful for me to write) because a lot (not all, mind you) of the people who seem to hate on them the most are people who've never actually heard them (or more than one song) and bash it based more on word of mouth.
    I liked Dynasty. Unmasked is the one KISS album that I've never been crazy about.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I liked Dynasty. Unmasked is the one KISS album that I've never been crazy about.
    And I don't have that one so I really can't say anything about it. I've only heard Shandi, Talk To Me and She's So European, and three songs isn't a decent representation of a whole album. But I never understood why they put Two Sides of the Coin on there since it was already on Destroyer...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    But I never understood why they put Two Sides of the Coin on there since it was already on Destroyer...
    Wait, what?

im assuming you're referencing another song that may sound alike but can't think of it since I haven't listened to both albums entirely in ages...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Interesting perspective on all the haters. http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/20...elback-so-much

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Interesting perspective on all the haters. http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/20...elback-so-much
    Good article. I don't like Nickelback, but I don't see how they are any worse than a lot of other bands.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Wait, what?

im assuming you're referencing another song that may sound alike but can't think of it since I haven't listened to both albums entirely in ages...
    Well, I feel like a Grade A moron now... You're right, Two Sides wasn't on Destroyer and doesn't even *sound* like it belongs on there. I have no idea what the hell I was thinking, and I banish myself to the corner wearing a DUNCE cap to hang my head in shame. But then again, I haven't listened to Destroyer start to finish in quite a while and I only have Two Sides Of The Coin on one or two compilations. But still, I'm absolutely ashamed of myself right now.

But in my defense, AC/DC actually did have the same song on two albums... Problem Child (one of my personal favorites of theirs) first appeared on Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, then showed up again on Let There Be Rock, albeit a slightly shorter version since the outro was cropped off.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    But in my defense, AC/DC actually did have the same song on two albums...
    I thought that they had the same songs on every album, but with different titles.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Thanks for that deep insight, I guess David Bowie really is just a chameleon, right?
    Last edited by botley; 04-26-2015 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    LuLu is cool and people will come to appreciate it over the years. It will always have its critics, but it will develop a cult-following, kind of like Music From the Elder.
    Lulu will never reach the enjoyment that Music From the Elder achieves.

Ever.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Lulu will never reach the enjoyment that Music From the Elder achieves.

Ever.
    Well we really don't know. The Elder has 30 years on LuLu.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I can't wait for the new Breaking Benjamin album that's out next month. It's incredible how much their sound progresses from album to album. Those epic riffs. Those deep lyrics.

"When angels fall with broken wings...I can't give up, I can't give in...when all is lost and daylight ends...I'll carry you and we will win...forever..."

A 37 YEAR OLD MAN WROTE THIS POETRY.
    jesus, i thought you were being serious until i realized what thread i'm in hahaha

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I like Extreme and this song (although it is overplayed) but this is fucking hilarious. Not sure where else to post this:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I like Extreme and this song (although it is overplayed) but this is fucking hilarious. Not sure where else to post this:
    I have to say, when people say that they like a song that has been overplayed and think it is unfairly slagged off, I honestly think they don't realise what it is like to work somewhere where you are FORCED to listen to a song repeatedly that you don't like. Call me a hater if you like but I was 18 when this was released and had a job at an off-licence (liquor store) where radio one was played and this was played ALL THE TIME. It drove me mad and I actually liked Get the Funk Out and other Extreme songs but this was a blatant play to the radio, fuck Extreme for this. This is why people who work in shops hate Christmas music and people think they are evil haters of all that is good

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I have to say, when people say that they like a song that has been overplayed and think it is unfairly slagged off, I honestly think they don't realise what it is like to work somewhere where you are FORCED to listen to a song repeatedly that you don't like. Call me a hater if you like but I was 18 when this was released and had a job at an off-licence (liquor store) where radio one was played and this was played ALL THE TIME. It drove me mad and I actually liked Get the Funk Out and other Extreme songs but this was a blatant play to the radio, fuck Extreme for this. This is why people who work in shops hate Christmas music and people think they are evil haters of all that is good
    I like (don't LOVE) MTW, but I can totally see going nuts after listening to it on a loop.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Sam Smith is total shit. I don't understand why he is popular and why people like him.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Sam Smith is total shit. I don't understand why he is popular and why people like him.
    Same here. I just think of him as some mopey wanker.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I don't care for his solo stuff as it's incredibly watered down and over produced, but his collaboration with Disclosure is hot fire.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I don't care for his solo stuff as it's incredibly watered down and over produced, but his collaboration with Disclosure is hot fire.
    as opposed to cold fusion? haha sorry, couldn't resist a little science humor.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    as opposed to cold fusion? haha sorry, couldn't resist a little science humor.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Good news everyone!!!!

Fox cancels American Idol (copied from RS)

After one of the most dominant runs in television history, American Idol will not return after its 15th season this January, Fox announced Monday. Host Ryan Seacrest – the only on-screen talent that has been with the show since its 2002 debut – and the current judges' table of Jennifer Lopez, Harry Connick Jr. and Keith Urban will be along for Idol's last ride.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/...#ixzz3Zr7AKMHN
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Good news everyone!!!!

Fox cancels American Idol (copied from RS)

After one of the most dominant runs in television history, American Idol will not return after its 15th season this January, Fox announced Monday. Host Ryan Seacrest – the only on-screen talent that has been with the show since its 2002 debut – and the current judges' table of Jennifer Lopez, Harry Connick Jr. and Keith Urban will be along for Idol's last ride.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/...#ixzz3Zr7AKMHN
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It should've been canned before 2010. Hell even 2005.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Thanks to my girlfriend for this post (she even said and I quote "here's for your Nickelback thread").

What the fuck is this garbage?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just got a free subscription to loads of new music videos through our tv, started off with Maroon 5 - Sugar. Ugh, what an awful egomaniacal video this is tapping into the trend for pop stars to hijack 'fans' weddings for PR purposes. Also did Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser Chiefs model himself on Adam Levine ? He has exactly the same style

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Thanks to my girlfriend for this post (she even said and I quote "here's for your Nickelback thread").

What the fuck is this garbage?
    "...she came to prominence after being cast in the reality television series 16 and Pregnant in 2009..."

"...the album was named the 32nd best album of 2012 by The Guardian, which called it "the weirdest record you've heard this year. A truly bizarre mix of generic Guetta-pop beats, drilling sounds, and Abraham's abrasive AutoTuned vocals".[2]

she also had that 100% fake sex tape with james deen with which he's not too happy.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I don't know if this has been posted or not but I just saw it for the first time a couple days ago.

It's golden!