Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Tony, the Chief of Police already held a 2nd press conference to revise his 1st press conference to make clear that the officers in fact knew absolutely nothing about a robbery, saw no evidence of a robbery, and were not talking to these two men due to any alleged robbery. At the time of the shooting, the store owner had not reported a robbery. It was not until after Brown was dead that this robbery came to light and, again, the store owner did not consider it serious enough to report it to police. The video we see was obtained via court order by police, as a character assassination.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-21-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Tony, the Chief of Police already held a 2nd press conference to revise his 1st press conference to make clear that the officers in fact knew absolutely nothing about a robbery, saw no evidence of a robbery, and were not taking to these two men due to any alleged robbery.
    The officers didn't know anything about a robbery, I thought I made it very clear that the officers involved in the altercation knew nothing about any suspected crime taking place beforehand.

I'm not sure though if we're debating on whether or not the robbery took place, but like I said earlier Dorian admitted to it.
    http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local...bery/14118769/
    Last edited by tony.parente; 08-21-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    The officers didn't know anything about a robbery, I thought I made it very clear that the officers involved in the altercation knew nothing about any suspected crime taking place beforehand.
    You didn't make anything clear. That was a convoluted and pointless post containing zero legal bullet points. A 5 dollar box of cigars was missing. Any criminal legal expert is going to confirm that nobody is going to look suspicious while near their own apt holding a 5 dollar box of swishers. He probably had more illegal pot in his system.

Bigger question: why does it appear that such a large black population has such a WHITE police force? With a SWAT team?

You are making defensive assumptions, here, none of which assume that perhaps this department has SWAT gear and tanks but should have spent money on squad car cameras; that these cops clearly need better training; that it is entirely possible that this cop fucked up, and now he should be charged and face a jury of his peers; that police are not above the law.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-21-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    You didn't make anything clear. That was a convoluted and pointless post containing zero legal bullet points. A 5 dollar box of cigars was missing. Any criminal legal expert is going to confirm that nobody is going to look suspicious while near their own apt holding a 5 dollar box of swishers. He probably had more illegal pot in his system.

Bigger question: why does it appear that such a large black population has such a WHITE police force? With a SWAT team?
    Robbery occurs (merchandise stolen is irrelevant bc of force and intimidation)
    Two men walk down street (knowing they were involved)
    Officer encounters men (not knowing they were involved)
    Men don't want to be arrested (officer doesn't know he's supposed to arrest men and men don't know he doesn't know)
    < struggle of some sort >
    Officer felt struggle warranted deadly force
    I thought this portion made it pretty clear that the officer did not know of the suspected robbery. And just because the shop owner didn't feel as though the crime was large enough to press charges didn't change the fact that a strong armed robbery took place. I'm not intending the robbery to be the main focus of this conversation, it's only important in my eyes because Mike and Dorian knew they committed a crime, thought the officer who stopped them knew even though the officer did not. That's the ONLY relevance to the situation in my opinion. I think everything I spoke about is something we can all agree upon, if it's not I can go and spend 45 minutes and gather the main news sources and annotate them.