Page 10 of 86 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    You could also make some guesses about caliber based on the lack of exit wounds and the fact that cops are generally required to carry light loads, but I have no idea.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    There definitely are exit wounds, the family's medical examiner and pathologist pointed them out in their press conference, they used that drawing. The two 'kill shots" in his head (which they said came from behind) had exit points in the front of his head, one came out of his eye.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-26-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    You could also make some guesses about caliber based on the lack of exit wounds and the fact that cops are generally required to carry light loads, but I have no idea.
    Its a pretty safe bet that the cop had either a Glock or a M&P of the 9mm or .40 variety....either of which the cop would not have emptied his entire magazine.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    There definitely are exit wounds, the family's medical examiner and pathologist pointed them out in their press conference, they used that drawing.
    Yeah, I think on the autopsy it said there are reentry wounds.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Here's the press conference, cut to 11:53

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    There definitely are exit wounds, the family's medical examiner and pathologist pointed them out in their press conference, they used that drawing.
    Yeah, I think on the autopsy it said there are reentry wounds.
    That too. The number of exit wounds (or lack of) can point toward calibur.

I honestly didn't look at the autopsy much. As much as I like guns and have researched exactly how to stop a person (vs hollywood misinfo) should I ever need to... that was a person who was shot and killed by a gun. Someone being killed like that creeps me the fuck out.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Well I'm hearing the gun used was a Sig P229 in .40. Which has a magazine capacity of 10....so if 11 shots were fired the cop emptied his magazine.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Here's the press conference, cut to 11:53

actually... 16:53, i think

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    Well I'm hearing the gun used was a Sig P229 in .40. Which has a magazine capacity of 10....so if 11 shots were fired the cop emptied his magazine.
    I'm curious where that info came from.

Also, what is the importance of him dumping his entire mag? People only stop in the movies after 1 or 2 shots. You have to hit the CNS (brain, spine) to get someone to involuntarily stop.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Also, what is the importance of him dumping his entire mag? People only stop in the movies after 1 or 2 shots. You have to hit the CNS (brain, spine) to get someone to involuntarily stop.

Pretty much. I THINK that most people agree with the info provided that the 2 "kill shots" in the head were the final shots. You can shoot a guy in the arm 10 times, if a guy wants to keep moving hes going to. That is assuming he was coming after Wilson.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

ar15.com has a 400+ page thread on the subject. Also I think people are curious about the pause between shots....6 shots then a pause then 4 more.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Wondering out of the 10-11 bullets fired, which ones are the two kill shots. Someting tells me they weren't #10 & #11.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Wondering out of the 10-11 bullets fired, which ones are the two kill shots. Someting tells me they weren't #10 & #11.
    Why would you speculate that.....? I'd bet the last 2-4 shots in the audio recording were the kill shots.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    If Darren had ANY history of having an individual reprimand or mark against him as an officer I could see how one would be able to get behind that but I don't see why he would shoot a guy twice in the HEAD and then just keep shooting.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I guess the story about the holstered gun came from a "friend" of the cop named "Josie" who called a local radio station.
    jesus fucking christ
    This is EXACTLY why I hate when people start proclaiming guilt outside of the courtroom. I hope a video of the event comes out and EVERYONE who prejudged ends up looking like an asshole. And if that doesn't happen, someone should make an equally high-profile "social experiment" that makes the same point.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    well, 6 shots hit Brown (as per the autopsy video that allegro posted). The kill shots entered the top of his head. The other shots don't seem to have entered from the top. So... of the shots that hit Brown, it would be the last ones. The fact that Brown was face down on the pavement also backs that up.

As for the pause, it's probably him reassessing the threat. The same thing happened in the video of the St Louis guy who had a knife... granted, "the threat moved" was really gravity in that situation but that's how split second decisions work.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    jesus fucking christ
    This is EXACTLY why I hate when people start proclaiming guilt outside of the courtroom. I hope a video of the event comes out and EVERYONE who prejudged ends up looking like an asshole. And if that doesn't happen, someone should make an equally high-profile "social experiment" that makes the same point.
    Yeah, this story about "Josie" and the fractured eye socket has been proven as bullshit.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    well, 6 shots hit Brown (as per the autopsy video that allegro posted). The kill shots entered the top of his head. The other shots don't seem to have entered from the top. So... of the shots that hit Brown, it would be the last ones. The fact that Brown was face down on the pavement also backs that up.

As for the pause, it's probably him reassessing the threat. The same thing happened in the video of the St Louis guy who had a knife... granted, "the threat moved" was really gravity in that situation but that's how split second decisions work.
    The pause came in between shot number 6 and 7.

So likely scenario is that he hit him 3 out of the first 6 shots. Paused and reassessed. Fired at least 4 more shots. 3 hits including 2 to the head.
    Makes sense?

Officer had a 54% accuracy on this kill. Thank god no one else was hurt.
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 08-26-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The whole tape is suspect to me only because gunshots were going off and his voice didn't waver a BIT. And it's not like the Ferg is east saint louis and that shit is common or anything.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    The whole tape is suspect to me only because gunshots were going off and his voice didn't waver a BIT. And it's not like the Ferg is east saint louis and that shit is common or anything.
    Agree the tape could be bogus. I guess we'll know soon enough.
    @Satyr You're right my comment about the head shots potentially not being the last ones wasn't supported by any information I have read. Shouldn't have written that.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The Brown's medical examiner guy says in that press conference that they can determine how many shots actually hit Brown, which shots grazed him, which single shot killed him, and he indicated that the officer's gun would later determine how many shots were fired (in other words, the officer also could have shot a bunch more and missed). The one shot that killed him hit him in his head, according to the private autopsy. We still do not know the results of the 3rd Fed autopsy (that won't come out until a trial, if there is one). The former medical examiner said Brown's mother wanted to know if her son suffered, and the answer is no because the 2 shots to the head rendered him immediately unconscious.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-26-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    actually... 16:53, i think
    I was aiming for when the former medical examiner guy starts talking, since everything he says is fascinating.

Again, because the prosecuting attorney and Feds will want to protect the cop's right to a fair trial and unbiased jury, no evidence will be leaked. The only stuff we are getting now is from CNN or Fox News.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-26-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    He wasn't shot from the back of the head guys, at least according to the family's autopsy that we're discussing.. Exact transcript from the part of the video where he talks about the entry and exit of the bullets:

"He was shot at least six times, we've got one to the very top of the head, the apex. We've got one that entered just above the right eyebrow. We've got one that entered the top part of the right arm, we've got a graze wound, a superficial graze wound to the middle part of the right arm. We've got a wound that entered the medial aspect of the right arm. We've got a deep graze wound that produced a laceration to the palm of the right hand. These two where the X's are represent what Dr. Baden and I feel are possible re-entry wounds. So the wound that hit the forehead right above the right eyebrow actually came out around the right eye and back in and it exited again right here at the jawline and came back in and went into the right shoulder. Thats for one bullet."
    Last edited by tony.parente; 08-26-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    He wasn't shot from the back of the head guys, at least according to the family's autopsy that we're discussing.. Exact transcript from the part of the video where he talks about the entry and exit of the bullets:
    Well, that ONE came OUT of his eye, they show that on the picture and explained it in the press conference. There was also something about his height and his bending down. They said that at this point it's hard to tell which direction he was going without seeing the bullets and Xrays, the county's medical examiner took some of the bullets and has the xrays. Go watch the press conference, don't read the transcript. They're pointing at the picture of the body and explaining.

All of this means ZERO, of course. This is just jaw-jacking at this point.

From Newsweek:

Baden also said that Brown would not have survived even if he'd been taken to the hospital immediately. He was also cautious about reading too much into his report. "Right now there is too little information to forensically reconstruct the shooting."
    Last edited by allegro; 08-26-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Go watch the press conference, don't read the transcript. They're pointing at the picture of the body and explaining.
    I watched that press conference live after work the day it happened, and I wrote that transcript myself just now and I watched it again specifically for this purpose. I'm just saying neither bullet came in from the back, they did say he was most likely bent forward or had his head down, that's the only way the bullets could have had the trajectory they did.

Now they DID say one of the bullets that hit his arm could have came from the back, supporting the story that he was hit and turned around.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 08-26-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    This is just jaw-jacking at this point.
    I, for one, am enjoying the verbal masturbation of this thread.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'll take gangster wannabe get shot but good cop for 1000 Alex.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I, for one, am enjoying the verbal masturbation of this thread.
    See this:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/18/me...f-browns-head/

The bullet that struck Michael Brown fatally in the head was moving from a back to front direction, and Brown appeared to have fallen straight forward onto the ground after he was shot, one of the medical examiners who conducted an independent autopsy tells The Daily Caller.

“The shot to the head was going downward and slightly back to front,” said Prof. Shawn Parcells in a phone interview, clarifying comments he made shortly after he and Dr. Michael Baden announced Brown’s autopsy results at a press conference on Monday.

“When it entered the top of the head it was going in a slight frontal direction,” Parcells told TheDC.

“When we analyzed it, we concluded it was going forward and it was going slightly towards the eye,” he said, clarifying that the bullet moved from the left of the mid-line of Brown’s head towards his right eye.

The trajectory of the bullet, fired from the gun of Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson, is a crucial piece of information in determining what Brown’s movements were as he was hit with the fatal shot.

Brown’s family and some witnesses claim that he was surrendering with his hands up as Wilson shot him.

“It’s definitely consistent with him bending forward or falling forward,” said Parcells. Brown’s supporters believe that this proves that Wilson fired as Brown was in a state of surrender.

Another witness has claimed that she saw Brown getting down on his knees and holding up his hands in surrender as he was shot.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-26-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    The thing with bullet path is that they don't exactly go in a straight line even when they are in homogenous gelatin. Doubly so for hollow points. Add in clothes, skin, bone, etc... shit gets crazy immediately after the entry wound. That said, there are only a few ways something is going to enter the top of your head.