Page 68 of 86 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 2580

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    My outsider understanding of things is that there are "special protection" units that are kept separate from the general population. If true, I have to imagine he'd end up there. Because otherwise...yeah, I'd give him a year (if I'm being generous) before he gets beaten to within an inch of his life if not outright murdered.
    As someone who's done about a year in jail, total, and beat 3 prison felonies, and knows a bit about lock up, I can tell you that those protection yards are called PC, or SNY (protective custody or sensitive needs yards.)

They house cops, chomos, and the like, but here's the thing: they also house gang dropouts.

And a lot of those dropouts and snitches, believe it or not, start new gangs ON the PC yards, like the Pesetas or 25ers, Against the Grain, 187 Ride or Die, FTS, Northen Riders, and a bunch more.

And those cats go right back to gang banging, so it sure wouldn't be hard for the dude to get touched, even there.

And THAT'S if he's lucky enough to be in a state that even HAS ANY pc. Some states don't. They just throw you on the mainline with everyone else, and you get extorted and such.

So what do you guys think will happen here? AGain, I'm betting 10 to 1 he BEATS the murder charge, and does 2 or 3 years on the manslaughter
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-01-2020 at 06:06 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This won’t go to trial for over a year.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    This won’t go to trial for over a year.
    yeah, but I'm obsessed with true crime, and prone to speculate on such things. And a year flies by.

Also, are these charges set in stone, or can they enhance the murder 3 to 1 or 2?
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-31-2020 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    yeah, but I'm obsessed with true crime, and prone to speculate on such things. And a year flies by.

Also, are these charges set in stone, or can they enhance the murder 3 to 1 or 2?
    Ellison will likely ADD Murder 1 and 2.

This gives the jury a buffet of jury instructions.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Ellison will likely ADD Murder 1 and 2.

This gives the jury a buffet of jury instructions.
    It would almost certainly be upped to Murder 1 if it turns out that Chauvin and Floyd knew each other from when they both worked security at a Latino dance club that got torched during the riots. The other officers will likely get Murder 3 and manslaughter charge but be offered sweet, sweet plea deals in which they plead guilty to lesser charges in exchange for testifying against Chauvin.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Shit our mayor has declared a state of emergency here in Sioux Falls and imposed a curfew. Protests blocking streets in front of the police station and the mall parking lot. Unreal, ive lived here my whole life and this is such a far right conservative region, and you never seen ANYONE protest anything here except Planned Parenthood and the occasional lone wolf at an execution at the state prison.

https://www.keloland.com/top-stories...-through-city/
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 05-31-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    It would almost certainly be upped to Murder 1 if it turns out that Chauvin and Floyd knew each other from when they both worked security at a Latino dance club that got torched during the riots. The other officers will likely get Murder 3 and manslaughter charge but be offered sweet, sweet plea deals in which they plead guilty to lesser charges in exchange for testifying against Chauvin.
    They’d need to charge him with Murder 1, 2, 3, AND Involuntary Manslaughter.

The reason why is because juries are provided with instructions which contain the statutes, which define the parameters of the law, and they compare that to the facts.

If Chauvin was ONLY charged with Murder 1, but the jury finds elements of the facts that do not meet the required elements of Murder 1, they’d find him not guilty.

If, however, Chauvin was also charged with Murder 2, 3, and Manslaughter, the jury has more options, so Chauvin won’t walk.

Cops tend to walk, anyway, due to the doctrine of qualified immunity. Giving juries a buffet of options is generally the best option.

Murder 1 does not require knowing the victim; as I mentioned, earlier, subparagraph 7:

“causes the death of a human being while committing, conspiring to commit, or attempting to commit a felony crime to further terrorism and the death occurs under circumstances manifesting an extreme indifference to human life”

It’s more likely that it’d be Murder 2, though; and Murder 3 and Manslaughter.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-31-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    @leo3375 Am I missing something? Did they actually get arrested?
    No. State AG Keith Ellison is now taking over the matter by request of the Hennepin County Prosecutor, and by appointment of the Governor, so now it’s FAR more likely to happen sooner than later.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...death-n1220636

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Don’t be these two idiot white chicks:

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

wtaf is going on.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Bill de Blasio: If protesters don't want to be murdered, then they shouldn't go outside.

Chiara de Blasio (his daughter): *protests anyway, is arrested*

NYPD: *doxx her on twitter*

NYPD is perhaps the most well-funded ($6 BILLION annually) and secure organization of thugs in the world.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    nothing surprises me with either the NYPD or de Blaiso.

...I hope Andrew Yang runs for mayor.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

just the worst.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They closed a shitton of businesses out here yesterday based on what appears to have been speculation and innuendo that protestors/looters/rioters were headed this way.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    there was a peaceful protest here in Jersey City, 2nd biggest city in NJ. but, some stores are closing (like all Walgreen's) without notice and boarding up. they must be expecting things to pop off tonight. (there are parts of JC that can be pretty violent)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Police are using rubber bullets and teargas in center city Philadelphia today. They had a tank in west Philly yesterday.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Omg the National Guard and/or Louisville PD shot and killed a beloved BBQ restaurant owner last night while he was IN HIS RESTAURANT, and his body has been in there for 12 hours, and they wouldn’t let his elderly mother in to see her son

RIP David McAtee

Last edited by allegro; 06-01-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Curfews again tonight and tomorrow in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the suburbs. This time, though, they're running from 10:00PM-4:00AM CDT.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    JESUS, all Hell breaking loose by the White House omg.

The fucking cops are treating peaceful protesters like shit, bombing them with tear gas, now Trump is talking in the Rose Garden saying he loves peaceful protesters.

LIAR!!!

Oh no ... is he going to institute some crazy shit?

I hope all these protesters VOTE THIS FUCKER OUT!!
    Last edited by allegro; 06-01-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sounds very authoritarian...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Law and Order? He believes he is the embodiment of Law and Order? Somewhere in the US of A, Sam Waterston is raising his legendary eyebrows.

Also: a crime against God? What in the actual fuck.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is scary shit right here ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You guys have to vote him out in November. He is a nutter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So demonstrators were cleared in DC because Trump wanted to go for photo op.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    this will only make things worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_is_dead View Post
    So demonstrators were cleared in DC because Trump wanted to go for photo op.
    Clearing the street with teargas at the precise moment that he was to start speaking was no accident; it was all a macho authoritarian power move for his crazy fans.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_is_dead View Post
    You guys have to vote him out in November. He is a nutter.
    WE didn't even vote him in. That's the infuriating part. He lost by THREE FUCKING MILLION votes.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    he blew his dog whistle again, mentioning the 2nd amendment. i guess maga night didn’t go the way he wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    WE didn't even vote him in. That's the infuriating part. He lost by THREE FUCKING MILLION votes.
    True.

The US is baffling.