Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Yeah, knee jerk reaction.
I think it's safer to infer that you're offering some knee jerk defenses.

This is a give and take. I can agree with you in terms of the PS stuff because they were so awful, poorly implemented, and no one cared about it.
Whereas the Han Solo Kinect Dancing game was just great. What a robust experience.

The point isn't that you care about Kinect. The point is that it's an added technology to the console, one in which Sony does not have. It's a reason why the X1 is priced higher. A price that can be justified considering the popularity Kinect has shown to have.
The point is there is no option to not get it. No thanks. I don't care if there's a demographic that will run out and buy the $500 Xbox One for Let's Dance 10. You might be overestimating how large that group is, but either way that impacts my world in no way.

They still give the power to the publishers to lock you in.
No they aren't. They're allowing third party companies to include online passes and they can region lock their games if they feel like it, just like they do now. There's nothing different to the way it is now. NOTHING. To even compare this to the Xbox One's new DRM restrictions is desperate.