Thread: The Playstation Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Ahh, I see I see. Interesting that they would put a jack on there since everything is wireless obviously. I wonder if it is a standard size jack?
    Yeah, I don't know... if I were to make a guess, the headphone jack is for headphones, and that grill that looks like a little speaker is actually a microphone? building a headset into ever controller would be a good way to reverse the trend of people on PSN commonly not having headsets.

Whether or not that's a good thing though...
    Also, how much is one of these things going to cost?! standard dual shock controller + PS Move sensor + touchpad + possible microphone?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yeah, I don't know... if I were to make a guess, the headphone jack is for headphones, and that grill that looks like a little speaker is actually a microphone? building a headset into ever controller would be a good way to reverse the trend of people on PSN commonly not having headsets.

Whether or not that's a good thing though...
    Also, how much is one of these things going to cost?! standard dual shock controller + PS Move sensor + touchpad + possible microphone?
    I would guess headphones as well. Maybe there will be a way to access the music library one would have from the PS to the controller itself.. maybe even a playback function through the speaker? Also maybe for certain games it might have some functionality with the speaker and the game. Hopefully the announcement will have some more answers.

And the cost I don't even want to think about. Since the DS3 goes for about 50 bucks.. I can see these costing easily $100.00. But what about games?