Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Playstation Now was pretty cool when it was just on ps4. But on tablets and smart tvs and vita its a huge game changer, i think. As long as the right licenses are attached...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Playstation Now was pretty cool when it was just on ps4. But on tablets and smart tvs and vita its a huge game changer, i think. As long as the right licenses are attached...
    They always said it was going to be Vita, smartphones etc... but yes, the thought of playing things like Last of Us on Vita is sure tempting. shame the US is getting all the beta testing etc this ear, with the EU looking like 2015..
    When Gaikai was demoing on Eurogamer before they got bought out, I played a pretty flawless streaming version of Witcher 2 which impressed me greatly, but I do have good cable broadband, You can't really buffer gameplay like Netflix can with HD movies so I'm sure some people are going to have a less than good experience, heres hoping for a free trial period or something..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Playstation Now looks so cool! I am surprised as hell though that they plan on taking it beyond the Sony ecosystem. 5 mbps is what is required to be used (or what they recommend they say it could work with below that) which here in North America is actually a bit below the average (doesn't mean everything here will be perfect we know it varies from place to place). Their biggest hurdles will be obviously be places that don't have that luxury.

My two biggest concerns will be:

1. How well it actually works. Looks cool from what I have seen from CES but that is also a control environment once it is fully implemented well see if it is worth it.
    2. Pricing. It would be cool if they tied this in with PS Plus some way but something tells me they'll create its own pricing package. Hopefully it is reasonable, that would be key.

I have no problem with the video compression or it being 720p. This could all be a starting point they can build on from there. I also wouldn't be surprised if in a couple years after launch, based on its performance and popularity, Sony also starts putting up new games. Cool idea can't wait to see more.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The video playback on the PS4 seems kinda screwy. At some points, I couldn't get a movie to work, and when I finally do, it crashes midway into it. Apparently, it's a common issue...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Have to send my ps4 back to Sony... Think my hdmi port is screwy. Sucks. Hopefully I get it back before Ground Zeroes and Infamous.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    when I sent a PS3 back they got me another one th next day and my Assassins Creed 2 disc back in a month... not too bad.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If that's the case, awesome. Only time I ever sent a console back was my gamecube. And that took a few weeks to get back.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Infamous needs to come out nooooooow! Nooooooow!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Decided, for the hell of it, to change out the hdmi cable (again) and try it out. Now, it's working with no problems...

edit: After about a week, it started crapping out on me again. Shipped it back to Sony on friday. And according to their website, i'm getting it back tomorrow.
    Last edited by Piko; 01-27-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    GF bought a me a PS4 yesterday. Only problem is that I really have no interest in the games that are currently out right now. Not to mention I just picked up the Mass Effect Trilogy a few weeks ago which has completely sucked me in.

I did download Resogun which is pretty damn cool though.... Waiting for Watch Dogs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Missed Potential

The PS4 has so much squandered potential:
    • No external drive video/music support becuase
    • No MP4/WMV/Flash Support
    • No DLNA

I was able to jury-rig Plex via the browser but it hangs up and is very buggy (not to mention relogging is more chore than necessary).

The limited game selection, lack of backwards compatibility, and limited video options (outside a handful of streaming services) makes me want to hook up my PS3 again and enjoy a better all-around experience.

That said, it's great fun to play and what it does do, it does well.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    to be fair though. the ps3 is pretty hard to beat when it comes to media.. dlna, netflix, iplayer, youtube, blu ray.. I know mine isn't getting unplugged any time soon. It's a shame sony is playing catch up with its own console...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    To be fair the ps3 also lacked some features during its launch that were added after with some updates.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    exactly.. Its a shame that both consoles lack in the media department true.. but the differences between a launch ps3/360 and what you get today is crazy

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Most of the things that the new game consoles dont do, a smart TV does. The only thing that really bothers me is that lack of backwards compatability and, more than that even, the extremely low hard drive space, because you know thats filling up sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Didn't know where to really post this so I decided to post it here. Comes out on PS3, PS4, 360, Xbox One and also Windows. I was a big fan of survival horror growing up. I loved the original RE's and Silent Hills. The most recent survival horror games that I enjoyed were Alan Wake and The Last of Us. This looks to be great. I really hope it lives up to my expectations, which are pretty high. But I think it will. Anyone else excited for this game? I have a feeling it will revitalize my love of the genre.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post

Didn't know where to really post this so I decided to post it here. Comes out on PS3, PS4, 360, Xbox One and also Windows. I was a big fan of survival horror growing up. I loved the original RE's and Silent Hills. The most recent survival horror games that I enjoyed were Alan Wake and The Last of Us. This looks to be great. I really hope it lives up to my expectations, which are pretty high. But I think it will. Anyone else excited for this game? I have a feeling it will revitalize my love of the genre.
    This is relevant to my interests.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Only 2 weeks until inFamous Second Son! So pumped for it. Actually taking a half day at work for it, never done that for a game release. I start at 6:30am so that means I'll be out of here at 10:30, gonna put in a lot of hours that weekend I imagine.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Only 2 weeks until inFamous Second Son! So pumped for it. Actually taking a half day at work for it, never done that for a game release. I start at 6:30am so that means I'll be out of here at 10:30, gonna put in a lot of hours that weekend I imagine.
    ayyye can't wait, while I haven't gone back to them, Infamous 1 and 2 were great solid titles and I'm happy to jump back in to that style again. Super power open worlds ftw.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow.

Playstation 4 console, games, and controllers all going up in price in Canada.

I was thiiiiis close to picking up a PS4 to go along with my Xbox One but I don't know...this is kinda shitty news.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Ugh.... fuck... whhhhhyyyy?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not sure, but I just now checked EB Games' website (our GameStop chain) and it looks to already be in place...for the Xbox One too now, super. Arkham Knight is $69.99, as is Destiny...don't see any games for $59.99 anymore to be honest.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey everyone, I just wanted to share a song I made that is inspired by Infamous. I'm pretty excited about Second Son as I really enjoyed the last two games.

Check it out, let me know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/carbonmusicofficial/pressure

Instrumental version:

https://soundcloud.com/carbonmusicof...e-instrumental

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Another bricked ps4. Waiting for the box...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Another bricked ps4. Waiting for the box...
    My PS4 gave me a bit of a heart attack yesterday. It wouldn't boot up all the way, no video would come through and the sound was just cutting in and out. Did some looking online and tried a few things but nothing was working. Turns out I needed to turn the PS4 on and then turn my TV on, something weird with the HDMI cable or some shit.

Beat inFamous Second Son yesterday, doesn't take long to beat a game when you spend all weekend playing it, ha. I haven't done that in a long time. The new powers are a lot of fun but I missed having grenades. Just gotta clean up another few districts on my good/normal file, beat it on evil/hard and clean up a couple other trophies for plat.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What really pisses me off the most is the fact that it's the second one, and I have two games sitting on my shelf that i'm unable to play. Think i've got the "blue light of death". Won't boot up, won't go into safe mode. It's done for. Hopefully, I get my box today. The girl I spoke on the phone with (last week) said that i'd be getting a new one. I have a feeling the one I have now is refurbished. I just want this to be over.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Ughhhhhh, I want inFamous: Second Son but honestly it's the only game I want so it isn't justified. That and Octodad. PS needs to strengthen their laughable lineup.

Knack really? Psh.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Second Son is good and looks excellent but in my opinion, Infamous 2 is better. just sayin...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Second Son is good and looks excellent but in my opinion, Infamous 2 is better. just sayin...
    The second game is definitely better. Second Son is a lot of fun and looks great but I just wasn't invested in the characters/story like I was with the first two games. And there doesn't seem to be as much to do in this one, after you beat the story it's just collectibles to mop up and clear out the districts. Not really any true side missions like the other games.