Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2270

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Pretty "meh" about Halloween Kills, but Candyman looks legit.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post

At the end of this Halloween movie I’d love them to really, legitimately wrap it up. As in, have Lori duct tape him to a table with his mask off, have him completely nude (with his balls flopping out for all I care) and do extreme close ups of her slowly slicing him to pieces, finally decapitating him and stabbing him in the heart at the same time.

Then take the South Park route, show Michael’s corpse crapping itself and then the final credits roll. No ambiguity. No escape. No possible way for Michael to be alive going forward.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    At the end of this Halloween movie I’d love them to really, legitimately wrap it up. As in, have Lori duct tape him to a table with his mask off, have him completely nude (with his balls flopping out for all I care) and do extreme close ups of her slowly slicing him to pieces, finally decapitating him and stabbing him in the heart at the same time.

Then take the South Park route, show Michael’s corpse crapping itself and then the final credits roll. No ambiguity. No escape. No possible way for Michael to be alive going forward.
    That's hilarious. And it's also delusional to hope it gets wrapped up. There's already a third film planned for this trilogy. Then it will be on to another reboot with another creative team.

Michael Myers will never die. At this point he is horror's Batman (or Joker I guess?). He is an idea and you can't kill an idea. I mean they did cut his head all the way off in H20. That kinda shit doesn't matter in a slasher franchise. There's always going to be another movie. And none of them will ever be better than the original.

For what its worth the 2018 was probably the best of all the sequels so far. But there's no chance in hell I'm watching that trailer before seeing the movie. From what I understand it spoils like 10 kills and a few plot points. I suppose that's good for those not interested in seeing the movie as they can knock it out in 2 mins. But what the hell? Movie trailer spoilers are out of control these days.
    Last edited by burnmotherfucker!; 06-25-2021 at 06:26 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    That's hilarious. And it's also delusional to hope it gets wrapped up. There's already a third film planned for this trilogy. Then it will be on to another reboot with another creative team.

Michael Myers will never die. At this point he is horror's Batman (or Joker I guess?). He is an idea and you can't kill an idea. I mean they did cut his head all the way off in H20. That kinda shit doesn't matter in a slasher franchise. There's always going to be another movie. And none of them will ever be better than the original.

For what its worth the 2018 was probably the best of all the sequels so far. But there's no chance in hell I'm watching that trailer before seeing the movie. From what I understand it spoils like 10 kills and a few plot points. I suppose that's good for those not interested in seeing the movie as they can knock it out in 2 mins. But what the hell? Movie trailer spoilers are out of control these days.
    If it has to go on, they should still do what I said but then in the sequel they do a close up shot of the crap on the floor and it slowly starts moving, Terminator 2 style (think Robert Patrick reforming from the liquid metal) and he slowly reanimates, establishing that he is indeed evil incarnate and unkillable.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I mean they did cut his head all the way off in H20.
    That wasn't Michael's head Laurie cut off at the end, but the guard Michael swapped his mask with.

Give me Candyman. I'll definitely be seeing Halloween Kills... But who the hell greenlit that title? I'm surprised we haven't received a sequel just titled "Michael" at this point.

I thought the series was over when we got Busta Rhymes doing Karate moves at the end of 8... But here we are.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-25-2021 at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I enjoyed both trailers.

Also, there are two more Halloween films (including this one) so you can expect Michael to make it through this one.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    That wasn't Michael's head Laurie cut off at the end, but the guard Michael swapped his mask with.
    That's only if you recognize Halloween: Resurrection, which I'm sure a lot of people don't.

Kinky!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    That's only if you recognize Halloween: Resurrection, which I'm sure a lot of people don't.
    Fair enough lolol.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Give me Candyman. I'll definitely be seeing Halloween Kills... But who the hell greenlit that title? I'm surprised we haven't received a sequel just titled "Michael" at this point.

I thought the series was over when we got Busta Rhymes doing Karate moves at the end of 8... But here we are.
    Reminds me of “Machete Kills” hahaha

Well, Rob Zombie wrote the song “Michael” about him. So there’s that.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Reminds me of “Machete Kills” hahaha

Well, Rob Zombie wrote the song “Michael” about him. So there’s that.

Hahahaa, yes. Funny you shared that Zombie track because I was talking about him with a friend yesterday about how I enjoyed White Zombie more, and literally just grabbed "Rob Zombies" first two albums.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

I'm still interested in Candyman, new Halloween looks too predictable.

Also i hope they stop Halloween after the next film, another reboot with another creative team? man this is getting annoying...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So jazzed for Halloween Kills. Let's goooooo.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Looks like a good one. I really enjoyed the last film so this ought to be good.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The first film was OK. Better than anything we have received over the years. Watching the trailer again, it looks great, but damn... So many kills shown.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Also i hope they stop Halloween after the next film, another reboot with another creative team? man this is getting annoying...
    This is a mentality I've just never understood. Not just about Halloween but film franchises in general. I mean people do realize it's not mandatory to see the films right? If you are sick of a particular series you can simply just not see the films at all and problem solved. I mean I thought A Quiet Place was an overrated pile of dogshit but I can't complain about them rolling out sequels to it because it has a fan base who wants to see them so why not make more?

There is a 100% chance there will be another reboot after this trilogy its just a question of when. Halloween is the most iconic franchise in horror and idk why people think its going away. Batman really is the best comparison in a way. As long as those franchises make money there's going to be more. The one big difference is that Batman movies cost a shit ton of money so they actually have a chance to fail. A Halloween movie can be made for 5-10 million and the last one brought in like 80 million in one week. That's a huge profit margin and even if the audience for it halved it would have still quadrupled the initial investment.

And if the argument is about artistic integrity or something. Well, that ship sailed long ago when they cashed the check for Halloween 2. Any franchise that can survive the abomination that is Halloween: Resurrection has proven it is resilient. And to top it off that movie was followed up by the awful Rob Zombie H/H2 and yet the next reboot managed to be the most profitable in the entire franchise.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    The first film was OK. Better than anything we have received over the years. Watching the trailer again, it looks great, but damn... So many kills shown.
    This movie got delayed one year so I figure what's three more months? I'm going to avoid the trailers like the plague. The 2018 trailer showed way too much and from the sounds of it this one is worse. I can always go back and watch the trailers after I've seen the movie.

Does this one look like its going to have some nice fall atmosphere? One of my favorite sequences in the last one was the trick r treat scene. The last act kinda got away from that atmosphere when they went to Laurie's fortress out in the middle of nowhere.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    This is a mentality I've just never understood. Not just about Halloween but film franchises in general. I mean people do realize it's not mandatory to see the films right? If you are sick of a particular series you can simply just not see the films at all and problem solved. I mean I thought A Quiet Place was an overrated pile of dogshit but I can't complain about them rolling out sequels to it because it has a fan base who wants to see them so why not make more?

There is a 100% chance there will be another reboot after this trilogy its just a question of when. Halloween is the most iconic franchise in horror and idk why people think its going away. Batman really is the best comparison in a way. As long as those franchises make money there's going to be more. The one big difference is that Batman movies cost a shit ton of money so they actually have a chance to fail. A Halloween movie can be made for 5-10 million and the last one brought in like 80 million in one week. That's a huge profit margin and even if the audience for it halved it would have still quadrupled the initial investment.

And if the argument is about artistic integrity or something. Well, that ship sailed long ago when they cashed the check for Halloween 2. Any franchise that can survive the abomination that is Halloween: Resurrection has proven it is resilient. And to top it off that movie was followed up by the awful Rob Zombie H/H2 and yet the next reboot managed to be the most profitable in the entire franchise.
    Nah, i got no problem on they making new Halloween films, actually i enjoyed the last one...
    But making a reboot just for the sake of it? that i have a problem with...

It's not necessary to do a reboot, i know Hollywood stopped making sequels a long time ago, but rebooting the franchise every 3 movies (or every time last reboot didn't work), kills the mythos of the series and makes it more of a product.

But yes, you are right, probably after this "Reboot cycle" is done I'll stop watching, it's not like they need my money anyway, just like the stupid Marvel and DC movies I'm done with them, could care less about their profits.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Nah, i got no problem on they making new Halloween films, actually i enjoyed the last one...
    But making a reboot just for the sake of it? that i have a problem with...

It's not necessary to do a reboot, i know Hollywood stopped making sequels a long time ago, but rebooting the franchise every 3 movies (or every time last reboot didn't work), kills the mythos of the series and makes it more of a product.

But yes, you are right, probably after this "Reboot cycle" is done I'll stop watching, it's not like they need my money anyway, just like the stupid Marvel and DC movies I'm done with them, could care less about their profits.
    Yeah, I mean you're definitely not wrong about Hollywood reboots being just for the sake of profits. But that's just how big IP works nowadays unfortunately.

There is probably a bit more reasoning behind the trilogy with this latest rendition though. From what I understand the writers/director planned it as a trilogy and say that after that they have no more story to tell. I mean they could always change their mind but I actually like it when creators think this way. Breaking Bad, for example, turned down additional seasons because the story was up. Had they decided to do it for a check it wouldn't be the perfect show it is. Ending continuity isn't always a bad thing. It gives someone new a chance to put their spin on the material. Some are going to be good and some are going to be shit.

I also don't enjoy marvel and dc is very hit or miss for me. I have no stake in their profit either but I only brought that up because at the end of the day thats why these things get made and you can look at a franchises profits to predict whether to expect more or less of something.

All that said I'd much rather see studios greenlight original stuff from the Eggers/Aster creative types out there rather than constantly remaking movies from the 80s and not even managing to do it better than it was done back then.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

There is probably a bit more reasoning behind the trilogy with this latest rendition though. From what I understand the writers/director planned it as a trilogy and say that after that they have no more story to tell. I mean they could always change their mind but I actually like it when creators think this way. Breaking Bad, for example, turned down additional seasons because the story was up. Had they decided to do it for a check it wouldn't be the perfect show it is. Ending continuity isn't always a bad thing. It gives someone new a chance to put their spin on the material. Some are going to be good and some are going to be shit.
    That i like and i do agree that if you have a "history" you want to tell in a certain cycle, go ahead. (just like all great series, it's meant to last a certain amount of time...)
    But lately i just hate the idea of a "reboot".

"Remake" it if you will, but lately all the movies are becoming the "reboot" of a "reboot" and most of the time they are done "just because", no care for the story, artistic vision, even directors, they are just done to keep the franchise "alive".

But you can bet i'll finish the current "Halloween-cycle"!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I highly recommend Werewolves Within. It’s a very fun and well made.

You can rent it on Amazon Prime for like 6 dollars; well worth that price.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Let's go.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yes please.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    You know what? This is one of those films I will always defend no matter the popular opinion about it. Especially that fucking opening sequence.

(all scary scenes from House on Haunted Hill remake from 1999):

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Happy Friday the 13th!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Censor was REALLY good, if you don't mind some ambiguity.

I think it may have been inspired by Berberian Sound Studio, but that's not a BAD thing.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Also, @Erneuert , I noticed the voice of one Victor Stran...er, I mean, Coleman Domingo, in the new Candyman trailer.
    I went back and watched the other one, and it's most definitely him! Strand, in the flesh!

I REALLY hope they use actual bees again. The way they did it for the first one was that Todd received a thousand dollar bonus for each bee sting.
    I know he probably doesn't want to do it again, but if I were producing this thing, I'd have a hefty bee sting budget.
    "How much this time? $5000 per sting? $10000?"
    They can afford it; I think he only was stung 22 or 23 times in the first one.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Also, @Erneuert , I noticed the voice of one Victor Stran...er, I mean, Coleman Domingo, in the new Candyman trailer.
    I went back and watched the other one, and it's most definitely him! Strand, in the flesh!

I REALLY hope they use actual bees again. The way they did it for the first one was that Todd received a thousand dollar bonus for each bee sting.
    I know he probably doesn't want to do it again, but if I were producing this thing, I'd have a hefty bee sting budget.
    "How much this time? $5000 per sting? $10000?"
    They can afford it; I think he only was stung 22 or 23 times in the first one.
    Yeah, I noticed Strand in the first trailer a while back.

LOL, that’s quite a contractual stipulation.