Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2272

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Friend went to the premiere of Halloween last night, says it was unbelievable. I trust him...he told me there's maybe one too many twists (didn't spoil anything) and told me the beginning 'sort of dragged, but maybe only because I was so fucking pumped to get it going'...but says it's the best since the original.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    100% on that tomato site. So far I have seen only two negative tweets, but they seem to be those type of film snubs, you know that kind

Anyways, I can’t wait. Got my 4k disk of the original and the neca figure on preorder.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Copped the target practice shirt.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Copped the target practice shirt.

After inspiration from the movie (and my old 2009 Halloween II shirts being too small and old) I bought The Shape's Mask on the right.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Agree about Halloween. Really enjoyed it. Some silliness doesn't hold up to realistic scrutiny like all horror movies, but alot of it does at the same time. Nice little twist happens as well that helps explains some things.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    i have very mixed feelings about this. i'd prefer they didn't remake it but i guess if anyone's going to do it, peele is the one to do it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

I shamelessly plugged my horror podcast in my last post, but our first episode just hit, so it’s a real thing now... so... I’m gonna plug it one more time for anyone who may be interested.

We’re on iTunes as of a few hours ago:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...s/id1436418182

We’re also on Stitcher:
    https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=234538&refid=stpr

We should be on Spotify, Google Play, iHeartRadio, and Podbean any day now. We may very well be on there now, and I just haven’t received confirmation.

You can also stream our shows/subscribe at our website: www.theswearwolves.com

We discuss all things horror: movies, music, video games, tv shows, conventions, etc.

New episodes every Monday.

If you check us out:
    1) Thank you!
    2) I hope you dig it!

David
    Last edited by caca; 09-17-2018 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I love it!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just finished watching Slender Man.... Jesus Christ that sucked. I mean, I love the character and I think there is definitely some material to work with but they shit the bed with this one. Ugh ... 3/10.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    2 years later I finally watched The VVitch tonight. Quite an interesting premise and tackle on that dark time in Young America.

The approach to depict witchcraft and the paranoia involving it was well done. I commend the cinematography and entire final end sequence Spoiler: with the nude Thomasin wading into the forest to join the Coven as a new member. The entire levitation and laughter was ominous and unsettling. Love the imagery. So raw.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    2 years later I finally watched The VVitch tonight. Quite an interesting premise and tackle on that dark time in Young America.

The approach to depict witchcraft and the paranoia involving it was well done. I commend the cinematography and entire final end sequence Spoiler: with the nude Thomasin wading into the forest to join the Coven as a new member. The entire levitation and laughter was ominous and unsettling. Love the imagery. So raw.
    my favorite movie of the last few years

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Halloween was good. I give it a B+. Two things I disagree on, but overall it’s a good halloween movie.

If you are looking for something that will match the first or better than the first, leave that thought at the door. Those who didn’t like it kept comparing it to this one and I think that’s not fair to this movie.

Michael is finally scary again( and a little to evil, one kill stuck with me the whole movie; it was one of two things I didn’t like about the movie.)

Jaime was great as usual, but all the other actors were tun by the numbers. Score is great. Movie is short and things happen pretty quickly, movie could have used another 15-20 minutes to breathe.

If you are looking for a good horror slasher movie this Halloween season, it’s there. But like every other Halloween sequel, if you compare it to the first one, you will find yourself feeling satisfied but not fulfilled. If that makes any sense.

This movie has got some gore. So if you were planning to take a pre teen, please don’t. My theater had at least three families and I had to ask the dude next to me if I was in the right theater for Halloween.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Halloween was good. I give it a B+. Two things I disagree on, but overall it’s a good halloween movie.

If you are looking for something that will match the first or better than the first, leave that thought at the door. Those who didn’t like it kept comparing it to this one and I think that’s not fair to this movie.

Michael is finally scary again( and a little to evil, one kill stuck with me the whole movie; it was one of two things I didn’t like about the movie.)

Jaime was great as usual, but all the other actors were tun by the numbers. Score is great. Movie is short and things happen pretty quickly, movie could have used another 15-20 minutes to breathe.

If you are looking for a good horror slasher movie this Halloween season, it’s there. But like every other Halloween sequel, if you compare it to the first one, you will find yourself feeling satisfied but not fulfilled. If that makes any sense.

This movie has got some gore. So if you were planning to take a pre teen, please don’t. My theater had at least three families and I had to ask the dude next to me if I was in the right theater for Halloween.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing it Sunday.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Michael is finally scary again( and a little to evil, one kill stuck with me the whole movie; it was one of two things I didn’t like about the movie.
    which kill were you referring to here? you should spoiler tag it for people but i'm curious to know. i kept waiting for something to really fuck me up the whole movie but they all seemed pretty much the same level of horrific in my eyes.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    which kill were you referring to here? you should spoiler tag it for people but i'm curious to know. i kept waiting for something to really fuck me up the whole movie but they all seemed pretty much the same level of horrific in my eyes.
    I assume he means the Spoiler: head stomp to Dr. Sartain near the end. He also might mean the kid in the truck with the dad. Oddly enough my favorite kill was a simple one. It was the one with the woman closing the blinds and he stabs her in the neck and the blade goes through the other side.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Going tonight, can't fuckin' wait man. Halloween is still my favorite horror movie of all time, first saw it in 1986 and it freaked me the fuck out. Managed to score two of the Mondo print drops today as well, though seeing a charge for like $180USD on my credit card will be a swift kick in my nuts.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I woke up like a kid on Christmas this morning and drove straight to my nearest theater and caught the first matinee of Halloween. I really enjoyed this movie, and I'm making plans to see it again tomorrow night with some friends. This is probably the best sequel in the entire franchise and it's got a lot of positive aspects going for it: The score, Jamie Lee Curtis knocking it out of the park, the tracking shot (an absolute highlight), and Michael Myers has never been more foreboding and frightening. There's some comic relief that works and some that doesn't, and the film moves at a fast pace and could have slowed down a bit, but those are minor gripes. I'm very happy with how this movie turned out and would definitely recommend it to any Halloween fans or slasher movie fans.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I'm gonna go see Halloween next week. Can't wait reviews are all positive so far.

Just finished Unfriended: Dark Web.
    I actually thought it was better than the first one. I will I like the way they are doing these movies. Very original. This one was a solid 7 out of 10.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Man, the urge to go see this movie again is hitting me hard right now. Maybe closer to actual Halloween.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    We started watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix last night and we couldn't stop, until it was almost morning and we were halfway done with the series. Holy shit what an excellent ghost story!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    We started watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix last night and we couldn't stop, until it was almost morning and we were halfway done with the series. Holy shit what an excellent ghost story!!!
    My wife and I are hooked, too! Have you seen episode 6 yet? It’s incredible. I really want to know how many takes some of those scenes took in order to get right, and how much rehearsal went into it. I don’t think the first cut happens until almost 16 minutes into the episode.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Episode 6 was nuts. The scare in episode 8 made my wife and I nearly shit ourselves. The finale was fantastic. Hoping it gets renewed, though as a Spoiler: sort of anthology series, a la AHS. I feel the Crain family's story wrapped up nicely.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Oh, so THIS is where people are talking about "Halloween". I went to the "What are you watching" thread last night to post that I went and read what other people thought, and to my surprise, not a single other person was talking about it.

Saw it last night, and loved it. Last night I gave it a 9/10, but I might dial that down a bit to an 8.5, but a very, very solid movie. The best "blockbuster movie" I've seen all year, easily. This year has been pretty disappointing for me. The only movie's I've enjoyed up until now were smaller/indie movies that didn't have a super wild release. But this movie, captured me from start to finish. Not a single dull moment at all. I loved every minute of it. I was hooked from the start. Very, very good movie. Story could have used a little more fleshing out or time to breath as someone said, as once Michael starts to kill again (and it's pretty early on), he doesn't stop and the whole movie is just a killfest from that point on (not a huge complaint at all. It was very suspenseful), but at the end of the day... it's a slasher flick based on a late 1970's/early 80s horror franchise. So it can only be so deep.

Now I want to see a Jason VS Michael movie. or a Freddy VS Michael movie. Doubt they'll ever do another cross-over like that. Between Jason or Michael, I've always been more of a Jason/FD13th fan, but this movie made me like Mr. Myers a little more. Great stuff.

As a kid, I always got a laugh at how Michael Myers, the horror movie serial killer and the real life comedian always shared the same name, haha. Too funny of a coincidence there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Halloween: my only real issue is that one character, performance-wise, seems to belong to a tonally completely different film, and it's just distracting enough to somewhat cheapen a potentially pretty impactful subplot. That aside, it's hands down the best one since the original (Season Of the Witch is still my personal favorite of the sequels, but... you know, it doesn't really count) for the reasons already mentioned above. Great direction, cinematography and score, an awesome Michael and an outstanding JLC.

Amazing ending, too, until the inevitable sequel ruins it. Oh well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just got back from Halloween now. As others have chimed in I loved it and thought it was a great movie. Intense and brooding the entire time. I have nothing to add onto what others have said without repeating everyone.

Great stuff. Gonna open my OST vinyl I bought yesterday and listen to it tonight.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-21-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    took myself to a friday matinee of Halloween (took the day off for mental health, my mom had to put our family dog to sleep while i was in the movie...rough day)
    i can't wait to see it again

just watched happy death day and loved it. sadly saw the trailer for the sequel before halloween, which ruined who the killer is in the first one, but thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    We recorded a spoiler-free review of Halloween 2018 yesterday for our podcast, and stack-ranked it against the rest of the franchise. I just finished editing it. It’ll be up at midnight ET at:

Apple/iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...s/id1436418182

Android: https://subscribeonandroid.com/thesw.../feed/podcast/

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1Ns8RZAKPscbT3ruoWIv5Y

Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-swearwolves

www.theswearwolves.com

And pretty much every other podcast aggregator.

We also reviewed Hell Fest... but that episode will be released next week.