Page 43 of 75 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2272

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    if you've seen Bone Tomahawk, you know what I'm talking about...

I just watched "that" scene...

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!? I've seen some fucked up shit in my time, but that.... OH MY GOD.
    Yep, i was unprepared for that scene as well. One of my favorite films of the modern era quite frankly. Check out the director's follow up 'Brawl in cell block 99' as well.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    saw Ghost Stories in the theater last night (knowing literally nothing about it other than martin freeman being in it). it was a lot of fun (i jumped at least a dozen times and literally screamed/yelled at least three or four, much to the amusement of my friend rachel) and despite one complaint about it, i really enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Finally saw the Babadook and while it took a while to get where it was going, it delivered by the end. Metaphor well received.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Watched: It Comes at Night (so depressing but so good),
    The Ritual (entertaining, but didn't like the last part..I never like to be shown everything),
    A Dark Song (it kind of plays with you for a long time, it's very touching, the last horror movie that made me teary eyed like this was The Orphanage),
    The Blackcoat's Daughter (kind of a slow burn, it may require a repeated viewing, but I didn't enjoy it that much),
    10 Cloverfield Lane (very enjoyable),
    The Autopsy of Jane Doe (I didn't know it was a horror movie... so I was quite surprised when things started happening. Was not a good idea to watch it alone at night in a new apartment),

Next up: Super Dark Times, Thelma, Pyewacket, The Eyes of my Mother.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Trailer on Friday.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

edit: Another new picture.

Last edited by october_midnight; 06-06-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I will be hibernating till OCtober.

This movie is my favorite horror of all time, same with my mother. We have been texting back and forth about this movie since the new images have been released. Its Xmas Morning for us. I wish I still lived in Florida so we both could go see it, but I asked my brother to do the honor for me.

Fuck yea.

Edit: Whatever you do, dont be a dumbass and freeze frame it and over analyze the trailer, there is a spoiler in there. Doesnt ruin the movie, but you can put two and two together in a certain event .
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 06-08-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My favorite horror as well. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Eeeeeeeeeeeee!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Solid trailer, can't wait for October!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I got goosebumps when he drops the teeth. I am so excited for October! Vacation, Halloween remake, NIN, and Halloween!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I’m actually surprised how good this looks.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    OK, seriously. This looks good. While I admit that David Gordon Green's post-Pineapple Express work has been a mixed bag with Joe being the exception. This does look cool as it reminds me of the original film and having Jamie Lee Curtis in her role just feels right.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This is probably a long shot,but are any of you hitting up the Mad Monster convention in Phoenix next week? I’ll be there Friday and Saturday (I have a room Friday night).

Good lineup this year:
    http://madmonster.com/events/arizona.../bio.php?id=89

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I wasn't high on the idea of the "Suspiria" remake, but the trailer looked good and the music sounds ok; but this Tarantino "seal of approval" is what the fans needed:

I'm actually more excited for this, than the Halloween remake (that i'm also expecting...)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Okay, so I recently watched The Witch (VVitch, whatever) and I loved it. The aesthetic really pulled me in: the colors, the language, and the music made me feel legitimate dread the whole time.

Any suggestions for other horror films I should check out with a similar feel/tone?

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Okay, so I recently watched The Witch (VVitch, whatever) and I loved it. The aesthetic really pulled me in: the colors, the language, and the music made me feel legitimate dread the whole time.

Any suggestions for other horror films I should check out with a similar feel/tone?
    Well, Hereditary supposedly, but I haven't seen it yet.

I'm not sure which part of the tone you're referring to, but I think It Comes at Night is similar in a way. Anti-Christ is similar in a different way.
    I would also add Kill List and Berberian Sound Studio to this list, and even Rosemary's Baby.

If you're talking about a flick with the same like.VISUAL trappings, The Blackcoat's Daughter is probably the most similar.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-15-2018 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Well, Hereditary supposedly, but I haven't seen it yet.

I'm not sure which part of the tone you're referring to, but I think It Comes at Night is similar in a way. Anti-Christ is similar in a different way.
    I would also add Kill List and Berberian Sound Studio to this list, and even Rosemary's Baby.

If you're talking about a flick with the same like.VISUAL trappings, The Blackcoat's Daughter is probably the most similar.
    berberian sound studio was so disappointing. all the build-up and no pay-off. it was so cool aesthetically and sonically (especially as an audio engineer and someone who has done foley work) but nothing really happened.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    berberian sound studio was so disappointing. all the build-up and no pay-off. it was so cool aesthetically and sonically (especially as an audio engineer and someone who has done foley work) but nothing really happened.
    Really?
    I would argue that a LOT happened. Spoiler: the dude loses his mind, slowly, and ultimately becomes the embodiment of what bothered him about the Gallo film in the first place.

I thought there was a BIG payoff, of the "after everything I've done I hate myself for what I've become" variety.

Edit: on another note, are you familiar with Broadcast, the band that did the soundtrack? They are one of my all time favorites.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-18-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Really?
    I would argue that a LOT happened. Spoiler: the dude loses his mind, slowly, and ultimately becomes the embodiment of what bothered him about the Gallo film in the first place.

I thought there was a BIG payoff, of the "after everything I've done I hate myself for what I've become" variety.

Edit: on another note, are you familiar with Broadcast, the band that did the soundtrack? They are one of my all time favorites.
    yeah, we've talked about broadcast before! their score is good, though it's definitely not my favorite of their releases. "the noise made by people" is one of my favorite albums ever so it's kind of hard to top, even by the same band. still sad that trish is gone

anyway, you're right, but it was definitely billed as a "horror" movie, and i felt like there was so much anticipation for such little action. like...Spoiler: i wanted him to start fucking killing people and sabotaging the film he was working on but nothing even close to that happened. idunno.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    watched raw tonight on netflix. rollingstone gave it four stars. i thought it sucked.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    watched raw tonight on netflix. rollingstone gave it four stars. i thought it sucked.
    I actually liked that film a lot but I wouldn't trust anything Peter Travers says though he and I are on the same page as far as Michael Bay is concerned. Plus, never take some irrelevant magazine seriously. I just prefer to use it as toilet paper.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just bought the latest Scream Factory! blu-ray title in John Carpenter's In The Mouth Of Madness. Will watch it for the first time soon. I am a failure, I know.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I just bought the latest Scream Factory! blu-ray title in John Carpenter's In The Mouth Of Madness. Will watch it for the first time soon. I am a failure, I know.
    i fucking love that movie so much. i wish i hadn't gotten the standard blu-ray a few months ago because i'd be much more likely to get the new scream factory version :/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    i fucking love that movie so much. i wish i hadn't gotten the standard blu-ray a few months ago because i'd be much more likely to get the new scream factory version :/
    The only other mega pricy Screamy Factory! Carpenter film I want is Body Bags.

The version I bought with a slipcase,

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    For me, that is one of the most underrated films of the last 30 years as it just has this intense quality that blurs fantasy and reality as I think it is the last great film John Carpenter has ever done.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    For me, that is one of the most underrated films of the last 30 years as it just has this intense quality that blurs fantasy and reality as I think it is the last great film John Carpenter has ever done.
    the ending is also fantastic. most people, when they try to pull off endings like that, fall flat on their faces, but carpenter executed it perfectly and in a way that leaves me feeling just like sam neil does at the end.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    the ending is also fantastic. most people, when they try to pull off endings like that, fall flat on their faces, but carpenter executed it perfectly and in a way that leaves me feeling just like sam neil does at the end.
    Agreed. That film has one of the most perfect endings I had ever seen. It's a shame it never did well when it first came out.