Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Gorillaz

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I can't believe that Momentary Bliss ends the album, that's such a weird banger of a song to end on.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I caved... I went for this one.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished listening to the whole thing... and yeah, I like it. It kinda of has a Plastic Beach vibe to it, to my ears... not sure if there's as cohesive of a theme as it though, I'll need to spend more quality time with it.

And just in case you wanted to see/hear what the music box is like...

(and the instrumentals on the 7"'s are nifty cool beans)
    Last edited by MrLobster; 10-26-2020 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Gosh, I really like the first Aries video better. The lyric video release seem to be a different mix as well? The Jimmy Kimmel version is also interesting. This is my favorite Gorillaz song currently. Something smooth and relaxing yet also uneasy going on.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    S/T 20th anniversary
    https://usstore.gorillaz.com/gorilla...t-edition.html

I really want it but running out of room, plus I have the main album already from the collection box set.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    S/T 20th anniversary
    Yeah, I mean I like the over all set but I'm not sure a live album and demoz platter are worth it to have duplicates of the album, G Side and Laika Come Home but for the collector who doesn't have Laika Come Home on vinyl already... well... then the price might feel off still.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Anyone else manage to get tickets to their North American tour?? Had a chance to grab a floor ticket to the Denver show and couldn’t help myself. Well worth the $200 after fees. Cant fucking wait. Getting to be up near the stage is gonna be bonkers - the two times I saw them in 2017 were from nosebleed seats.

I REALLY wanted to see the two Florida shows, where fucking Jungle will be opening for them, but the timing won’t allow for it. That, and I’m already seeing Jungle in Arizona a couple of days before NIN’s Red Rocks shows, so that’ll be good enough for me.

And if you’re not a Jungle fan already, I hiiighly recommend them. They’ve become a new favorite of mine in the last year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Didn't even know they were touring.

Checking out the prices now for the Chicago show....woof.

Looking like it'll be the nosebleeds. I'm going to sooo many shows this year.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Song is fun as hell!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I saw them on Tuesday in Sydney, and it was absolutely fantastic! The live band is so good at bringing the tracks to life in an energetic way, and seeing Damon move around the stage and jump into the crowd was awesome. Everybody in the arena was so psyched to see them, and you could tell the band were just feeling everybody's excitement. I've only seen Damon with Blur in 2015, so to see Gorillaz for the first time was great! The set was packed too, 27 songs with pretty much each album being represented. M1 A1 as a gig opener is brilliant! Plus, the version of Clint Eastwood with Sweetie Irie appearing up on stage made everybody lose their minds.

Feeling jealous for everyone that's gonna be at the upcoming shows, including you guys here going to the ones in the US! I would definitely love to see them again in the future.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

that drum kick-off there at the end has me very excited.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    New album 'Cracker Island' coming in February.

https://usstore.gorillaz.com

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

very excited by the snippets I've heard.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    My copy of "Cracker Island" showed up today, I'll give it a listen tomorrow.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I dig it. Still kinda gives me Plastic Beach vibes but I need to listen to it a lot more...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I need it to grow on me. Feels a little tossed off after one or two full listens.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    To be fair looking back at the announcement that also felt a little tossed off. Honestly it didn't occur to me that I've been feeling that way until you said that, weird.

I'll be listening to it later. I'm still excited at the little bits I've heard.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Yeah, there are some great songs on there, but mostly those were the singles.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I thought this came out today because I saw the LP in Target but when I got home had a hard time finding it. Turns out it's released on Friday? I should go by up those Target discs and sell them on ebay...lol

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Gave the new disc a spin tonight. I like it. No huge surprises, but it's a really fun, catchy album. Clocking in at under 40 minutes, it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    https://www.tiktok.com/@zanelowe/vid...33246920461610

thought this was pretty funny & interesting.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'm not clicking that but I assume from the Zane part of the URL it's showing how Clint Eastwood came to be? I just saw people complaining about that on Twitter and it's like, how does that work?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I'm not clicking that but I assume from the Zane part of the URL it's showing how Clint Eastwood came to be? I just saw people complaining about that on Twitter and it's like, how does that work?

why won't you click it? You don't have to have TikTok installed. It will just open up in your browser...computer or phone doesnt matter.

And yes it's about Clint Eastwood's tell tale keys.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    And now there's three new songs...?

You know what it is? I think NIN spoiled me with the whole YZ ARG. Gorillaz was always great about creating a world and a story but this time (and for the past few albums really) things just feel 2% of their usual presentation. When the album dropped, they sent a link to "The Cracker Island Room". It was basically just ten different links to their store.

It's not bad, just kind of lackluster.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Finally gave the album a spin, and I'm really enjoying it. It flows well, it is funky, and feel good. Sounds like it is in its own little world like Plastic Beach was where you can turn it on, and just let it all go for an hour.

Cracker Island, Oil, Still Running, and New Gold are fantastic.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'm on a gov-issued device and network for some parts of my day so the less I tempt fate the better.

and I realized I was less than clear in my previous post about 'how does that work' and it's directed at the people who are hating on it. Just mad they didn't make a banger of a song with pre-loaded effects.