Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA World Cup 2014 (Brasil FTW!)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    as a portuguese im ashamed of our national team, they were pathetic and mediocre much like our first game, We should've won this one easly. Our players are old and washed up, they can't run and they can't pass. I wish we had lost today atleast i wouldn't be suffering anymore and we wouldn't be putting this poor show in the upcoming stages.

We're at our 2nd week and we already got 5 players injured....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That was a good game. We almost won that. 30 seconds left and Portugal just came back alive. I just hope we pull a miracle or a tie against Germany.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The USA outplayed Portugal for a good majority of the match. Michael Bradley is not playing well at all his give away there at the end was costly. The first goal was costly too with that terrible defensive mistake and at the end two defenders got caught ball watching on that Ronaldo cross, which was nice, but could have been defended way better. 4 pts in the Group of Death is not anything to scoff at for the USA but they now have the tough ask of seeking a result against Germany.

That Ghana-Germany Draw yesterday hurt and the USA is feeling that. But kudos they played way way better then the first match.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It all comes down to Thursday's games. US vs. Germany, and Portugal vs. Ghana. The US can advance if either of these scenarios happen:

1. US beats or ties Germany
    2. US loses to Germany but Portugal vs. Ghana ends in a tie
    3. US loses to Germany but wins a tiebreaker against the Portugal vs. Ghana winner

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    USA - Portugal was pretty intense. But after the 2nd goal, USA started to lose time at every oportunity and the players started slacking big time,so Portugal scored at the very last minute. USA deserved that just for acting like idiots.
    Slacking big time? They were playing on the edge of the Amazon jungle, it was hot and humid, some of the worst conditions for playing a sport. They were indeed slacking, but they kinda had a reason. They were running at 100% for 80 minutes and that got to them, it's definitely not easy to play in those conditions. I wouldn't say that "they were acting like idiots" (and I'm not a USA supporter, I'm just giving you some context behind those last 15 minutes). But it was indeed a frustrating way to tie.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    -Brasil destroys Cameroon today will face Chile in the first match of the Knockout rounds
    -Mexico destroys Croatia (one of the more disappointing teams IMO this tournament) they get the Netherlands.
    -Spain bows out with a victory against Australia. Maybe Villa should have played more then Costa.

-Mexico is playing extremely well right now will it be good enough against the Dutch, who knows. Miguel Herrera is the most entertaining manager in the sport right now.
    -Not really sold on Brasil yet. Neymar having a great tournament so far.
    -Robben best player in the World Cup at the moment. IMO of course.
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 06-24-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I've been trying to figure out which are the most enthusiastic fans (based only what the tv shows me). As of today, I'm going to give it to Mexico.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I've been trying to figure out which are the most enthusiastic fans (based only what the tv shows me). As of today, I'm going to give it to Mexico.
    Argentina is right up there as well! Colombia too, as well as Chile.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh boy Suarez strikes again. I am pretty sure he is done for the rest tournament, unless FIFA fucks shit up which isn't out of the question.

-Diego Godin is having a brilliant year, what a player!

-Costa Rica wins D after holding England goal less. Brilliant WC so far from the Ticos.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    First Ochoa, now Herrera.... Mexico is already becoming the #1 team as far as the Internet is concerned. I love this guy. I gotta show my dad this. This is great.

I can't believe Suarez did that. He's fucked and I think Uruguay will play Colombia which means that Colombia will win.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    We're likely getting a sort of Copa America in the knockout.
    Winner of Brazil vs Chile meets winner of Uruguay vs [most likely] Colombia.
    And Argentina may meet Ecuador.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Suarez is an embarrassing human being. Third time he has bitten someone on the field. I don't care if you are the greatest player in the world or playing for your local pub team on a Sunday afternoon there is no room for that kind of behaviour and to add insult to injury he went down playing the victim. I would ban him from the next world cup as well any suspensions for next season. He'll probably get off lightly though as FIFA are pretty useless, I expect any action that will be taken will be after the world cup anyway so he'll still be free to continue.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    First Ochoa, now Herrera.... Mexico is already becoming the #1 team as far as the Internet is concerned. I love this guy. I gotta show my dad this. This is great.
    ...don't forget to show him the mullet from his younger years:

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Phooey on you, Greece.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Phooey on you, Greece.
    Well ok, it wasn't a penalty, but dammit we deserved to get this game!

EDIT: Actually, it probably was a penalty after all. Sure, not the most clear-cut of cases, but not un-call-able (yeech, that word).
    Last edited by Alexandros; 06-25-2014 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Luis Suarez is scum on the pitch. It's a shame FIFA is useless (as mentioned above) and probably will do next to nothing in terms of punishment.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm surprised this hasn't been shared yet. All I know is that if Luis Suarez isn't suspended for the rest of the tournament he should have to wear this:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    ...don't forget to show him the mullet from his younger years:

He already knows about that. That is one rockin' mullet!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    FIFA is a joke and won`t do much, but I still expect that Suarez will miss at least the rest of the tournament. Such a despicable character, it is the third time he bites someone.

Was banned for 8 games for racially abusing another player. And during the first game back he did this:

http://i.minus.com/ibz2dg0uThuYMd.gif

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    best piece about soccer (and Suarez) you will most likely ever read: http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...er%20%E2%80%A6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The way they seem to accept (even love) Suarez's shenanigans in Uruguay is mental. It's like Joey Barton being elected to parliament in the UK or something.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hey, Kids! Now you can play your very own Luis Suarez Pac-Man game!

Luis Suarez is BITEMAN!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Maybe I was a little harsh with my choice of words.But you could tell they were trying to desperately lose time, instead of actually playing the ball. Sure, the conditions are really tough and they deserve credit for everything they have achieved, I was rooting for them all game long. But the last goal of the game came as a result of one USA player literally passing it to a Portugal player.I just think it was a shame the way they played the last minutes of the game.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I don't know enough about soccer, but it sounded like all the talking heads and passionate soccer fans don't look for blaming one person out there for the US loss. See that, Americans take that match as a loss, not a tie. It's like ties aren't allowed in our subconscious.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    i sure hope we make it to the next round. the us has never gotten past the round of 8, have we?
    i wonder how our coach feels about playing against germany. he is german, right?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Suarez has gotten off lightly I think considering this is his third offense. He's been banned for 39 matches since 2010 without recieving a red card. An amazing feat. I think part of the punishment should be mandatory counselling. You would think after the second time, if not the first, Suarez himself would have taken steps to ensure he wouldn't lose his marbles again. If the ban doesn't include transfers he will go in the summer I think.

For today's games I hope our American cousins can secure their place into the next round. Only a loss and a heavy win for Ghana or Portugal will knock the US out. All to play for in Group H too with three teams can join Belgium. Great tournament so far.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    and of course, what the hell happened to Ghana today as well? Two players sent home and an overnight flight carrying cash for the players? Nuts!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Fingers crossed for the US here too. You guys got very unlucky with Portugal at the end. The match is starting recede into memory, but I vaguely remember them pulling out their usual bag of dirty tricks.