Thread: Europe lurches to the Right

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    it's just a series of trade arrangements.

The main reason people voted to leave - and seriously don't waste time with people bleating otherwise - was immigration. But you can opt out of free movement and take a few penalties - as Denmark does. We are chucking the baby out with the bathwater because daft people got hoodwinked by tabloids and social media
    I agree that there was mainly racism involved in the vote, I remember being really disgusted by a leaflet that came round implying Turkey was about to join the EU which is bollocks, I don’t think it’s human rights record is anywhere near the standard required). What also gets me is that the rhetoric from those awful bot Facebook campaigns (and the Express) was really islamophobic but what does that have to do with freedom of movement from the EU which is majority white? Also the no deal fucks keep banging on about all these amazing trade deals we’ll get but who are the economies which are growing? China and India (more brown people, gasp!). I had an irritating guy on Facebook keep posting all this Express anti - Islam stuff on his timeline (he was the husband of one of the mums at my kids school I was friends with) and then one of his friends posted this ‘are you a racist?’ Joke questionnaires from news thump so at least it meant he had friends who weren’t being taken in by his shit and we’re prepared to call him out on it
    Last edited by WorzelG; 11-18-2018 at 03:32 AM.