Thread: Europe lurches to the Right

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    This new wave of conservatives to gain power in Europe freaks me out.
    Nigel Farage is dangerous.
    You really think so?

His, and his party's policies seem to be about enriching the UK's abilities to self-govern, as opposed to siphoning off control to Brussels. I don't find anything odd about that. Conservative, yes, but nothing out of the ordinary. I don't believe they've made any racist remarks. I have, however, heard many critics condemn UKIP, and Farage of xenophobia, and racism with the age-old platitude: "selective immigration policies = racism."

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiz View Post
    You really think so?

His, and his party's policies seem to be about enriching the UK's abilities to self-govern, as opposed to siphoning off control to Brussels. I don't find anything odd about that. Conservative, yes, but nothing out of the ordinary. I don't believe they've made any racist remarks. I have, however, heard many critics condemn UKIP, and Farage of xenophobia, and racism with the age-old platitude: "selective immigration policies = racism."
    Nah he is too much, he is too right wing for the UK at the moment. Him leading would cause a lot of friction and create a toxic atmosphere. there have been a few people associated with the UKIP party making fucking stupid racist, homophobic remarks on twitter or caught out making them. Its somewhat alarming. I respect conservatives but not bigots. the party attracts the wrong people.
    i find the party regressive. I think he would isolate us, also prior to 2008 recession didnt the economy increase as a result of Labours relaxed immigration laws? Bigger population equals bigger workforce. I think the 2 million Polish and eastern Europeans who arrived here since 2004 have been a real good thing for us.
    i dont agree with Brussels having control over us either, but i dont think it would be wise to cut all ties with the EU. Something about being unified with 500 Million people, the strength in numbers aspect of the EU appeals to me.