Thread: "greatest hits"-tour in europe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    So like... What do you expect to be played at a concert?

As has been stated time and time again, we are basically the 1% of NIN fandom. If Trent caters to what WE would like to hear, he will go broke with the quickness. He's has to put asses in seats, so to speak.
    If I was a European fan (and I'm not) and for a standalone concert, I would expect to see a 35-40% Greatest Hits setlist + 40-50% Hesitation Marks + 10-20% deep cuts. This is for a standalone concert during the Hesitation Marks promotional run. For a European festival, yeah, I'd expect the setlist that was played in Riga yesterday. I think we're underestimating the "average fan" (whatever the hell this means) that goes to a NIN concert today. Yeah, some of them (maybe most of them) will not be wanting to hear a deep-cuts heavy concert, but I bet a lot of them would want to hear a bigger portion of the new record, given that this is the tour for said record.

The Riga setlist only has 3 Hesitation Marks songs out of 19, 15%. I'd personally like to hear more HM in a standalone concert.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 05-07-2014 at 03:46 PM.