Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2014.08.22 - Irvine, CA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

2014.08.22 - Irvine, CA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

Presale Monday @ 12 pm local time

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I got a ticket through the Soundgarden presale in Orchestra 1.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I pulled up an Orchestra ticket about 45 minutes into the NIN.com pre-sale. So, yay for back to back shows!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    se you there, i got a ticket in the Loge area, not bad, just a question, does anybody knows how to return to LA in public transportation?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrolok1 View Post
    se you there, i got a ticket in the Loge area, not bad, just a question, does anybody knows how to return to LA in public transportation?
    While you can get there via public transit (train from Union Station to Irvine, two mile walk and a ride on the OCTA 90 bus), I don't think you can get back because those won't be running by the time the concert ends. LA public transit isn't all that great on the weekend, late at night, and not in downtown LA (as in, no buses running). I think that you need a car or a friend with a car.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ORCH P, Row 3, Seat 87. May be in the GA pit according to the layout on the select-a-seat map on Live Nation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    While you can get there via public transit (train from Union Station to Irvine, two mile walk and a ride on the OCTA 90 bus), I don't think you can get back because those won't be running by the time the concert ends. LA public transit isn't all that great on the weekend, late at night, and not in downtown LA (as in, no buses running). I think that you need a car or a friend with a car.
    Thanks, time to get an acommodation nearby.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Did anyone get a ticket that was definitely for the PIT? As opposed to a near-front orchestra row that might be in a pit section?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We got decent seats in row T, and very excited. Coming from Boston, spending the weekend going to this show and the Hollywood Bowl, any advice? Never been to the venue? Is there a meet up?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thom25 View Post
    We got decent seats in row T, and very excited. Coming from Boston, spending the weekend going to this show and the Hollywood Bowl, any advice? Never been to the venue? Is there a meet up?
    My advice is to get to Irvine early. Traffic on a Friday in LA is a pain in the ass; I usually get to Irvine around 3 and then chill in a bookstore for a few hours. Also, if you park at the venue, be prepared to spend the first hour after the concert in the parking lot. I'm not a particularly big fan of this venue, but I didn't want to hit Chula Vista instead because I'm already seeing the show in Mansfield with some friends from college.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cynimuse, are you going to Mansfield too? I live in Boston and will be there as well. I will probably take the first flight out on Friday, so I'll get in LA around 11 AM. Plenty of time to check into my hotel and get to the show. Are there any restaurants around Irvine?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yep, I'm going to Mansfield, though I'm not looking forward to being outside in the summer. I went to college in Boston, so I like to hit shows in the area (last time was LITS in Manchester, NH). There are plenty of places to eat in Irvine; there's a shopping mall (Irvine Spectrum Center) close to the venue that has a bunch of fast food and sit down joints.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Can we have an ETS roll call for this show? Just kinda wanna feel out who is going to this show. I'm gonna post this in the Hollywood thread too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be there

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'll probably end up going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be there with a friend - so 2 here - meet up?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'll be there and here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Flight arrangements changed so I can actually make it to this. Looking for a ticket if anyone has a spare to sell. Email me: kiki2u@me.com
    Last edited by Kiki2u; 07-28-2014 at 07:45 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finally, got my tickets for the show. Super excited.

Is tailgating permitted @ Verizon?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Throw_it_away9 View Post
    Is tailgating permitted @ Verizon?
    Yes, I saw people do it back in 09.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Thought I had a post here but guess not...got 2 tickets to hollywood bowl (M# section, first 5 rows, fairly center. not superseats), looking to trade for 2 tickets to Irvine. Loge or better please.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I will be there. Driving up from San Diego around noon if anyone wants to tailgate pre-show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Planning on tailgating too!

And if technology permits...recording a bit for THROW IT AWAY's next episode!
    [Look for the banner the resembles the avatar to the left. WARNING though: the banner isn't huge, so you may miss it]

Maybe it could be fun for us to organize this tailgate for maximum tailgatingness?
    [I've only been there once last year, so am not overly familiar with the parking lot. Can we plan it out to settle in a particular part of the parking?]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Too fucking excited! a long travel from Mexico city, but it will be awesome

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Hello,

Below are the NIN.com | Soundgarden pre-sale ticket pick-up and early entry instructions.

WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO ARRIVE EARLY TO AVOID A LONG WAIT AND MISSING ANY OF THE SHOW.

TICKET PICK-UP / ENTRY TO CONCOURSE START TIME: 4:30PM.
    · To pick up your tickets, you MUST show a valid GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO I.D. that matches the NAME on your ticket order. Your guest must be with you at the time of ticket pickup as they will not be able to pick up their ticket without you.
    · Immediate entry to venue is required after Ticket Pick-Up. You will not be able to pick up your tickets and then leave the venue. Once you are checked in, there are no ‘”ins” and “outs.”
    · Tickets are non-transferable. There will be no box office name changes or ticket transfers allowed.

TICKET PICK-UP: Ticket Pick Up next to Box Office and Main Gate.

PLEASE SEE ATTACHED MAP

EVENT TIMELINE:
    4:30pm NIN.com | Soundgarden Presale Ticket Pick-Up / Early Entry to Amphitheater Concourse
    5:45pm NIN.com | Soundgarden Presale 15 Minute Early Entry to Seated Area
    6:00pm Doors open to the General Public
    7:00pm – 7:25pm Cold Cave
    7:45pm – 9:00pm Soundgarden
    9:30pm – 10:50pm Nine Inch Nails

Please note the NIN.com | Soundgarden Presale Terms & Conditions:
    · To pick up your tickets, the order name must match valid government-issued photo I.D. presented.
    · You cannot pick up your tickets unless your entire party is with you.
    · Immediate entry to venue required after ticket pick-up.
    · Your tickets are non-transferrable. There will be no box office name changes / ticket transfers.
    · Violation of these terms could result in the forfeiture of your tickets without a refund.

Thank you and enjoy the show!

The NIN.com | Soundgarden Pre-Sale Team

TICKET PICK-UP: Ticket Pick Up next to Box Office and Main Gate.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I got the email too!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    7:00pm – 7:25pm Cold Cave? they must be kidding

Got the email too!

See you there!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Has anyone figured out if this is a GA Pit or not? My ticket from the pre-sale is listed as ORCH P, I selected the pit during the pre-sale, but there is no corresponding section shown on the LiveNation map. Have there been any GA pits yet on this tour? I know there was one other venue on the East Coast that looked like it might have a GA pit but never followed up to see how that turned out.
    Last edited by fragility3.1; 08-13-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fragility3.1 View Post
    Has anyone figured out if this is a GA Pit or not? My ticket from the pre-sale is listed as ORCH P, I selected the pit during the pre-sale, but there is no corresponding section shown on the LiveNation map. Have there been any GA pits yet on this tour? I know there was one other venue on the East Coast that looked like it might have a GA pit but never followed up to see how that turned out.
    I think that everything has been seats. I know that the area that should have been a pit in Mansfield was seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i fear this week is going to go verrry slowly