8 Post(s)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Jesus christ.

There was a DEEP sadness inherent in The Return, I think. I feel that one of the themes was "you can never REALLY go home again" or however they say it.

We knew about Miguel, Cat C, Robert Forster, the elder Frost, and assumed Harry Dean Stanton wasn't long for this world.

But GODDAMN. We keep losing more.

RIP.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-04-2022 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Lynch better hurry up on the new season while there is any returning OG cast still left

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Lynch better hurry up on the new season while there is any returning OG cast still left
    He'll just recast them as inanimate objects, it'll be fine.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Kirstie Alley dies at 71.

Loved has as Saavik in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and of course as Rebecca Howe on Cheers.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Kirstie Alley dies at 71.

Loved has as Saavik in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and of course as Rebecca Howe on Cheers.
    Jeeze, from a recently-discovered cancer. She only just posted jovially on Nov 25 on twitter.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I have to ask because I've seen plenty of posts on FB about Kristie's death and not one of them mentions this:

I first saw her as Saavik in Star Trek II ( as GulDukat pointed out) but I also remember her from North and South; and that was way before Cheers and anything else she was in.
    @allegro You've seen North and South, right? Everybody was in that series!

I've been aware of her career for he last 30 years and I've enjoyed her acting in a lot of projects. She was brilliant and unforgettable.

RIP Kristie. Thank you for all the wonderful memories.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    She gave Cheers a whole new chapter and a likely a few more seasons, as the whole Sam/Diane thing was getting old. I doubt the show would have lasted as many years had Shelly Long stayed on the show.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, I immediately remembered her from her crazy right-wing Twitter rants; she’d gotten pretty Trumpy. It kinda killed her career. She realized she’d made a mistake by publicly supporting him.* She seems to have spent most of her more recent Twitter time devoted to animal rescues.

She was really funny on Cheers. WAYS better than Shelley Long (imo). Condolences to her family.

* https://www.newsweek.com/kirstie-all...-1593218?amp=1

She died of recently-discovered colon cancer. Ugh.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR4gNRUY/

She was a lifelong Scientologist, so she’s with Zenu now.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-06-2022 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    God damn. RIP

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Damn.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    god damn. Rip

rip

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Damn.

It's honestly incredible how many people from the original series returned for season 3 after 25 years, but man they've just been dropping like flies ever since. I think Lynch could've possibly still done a 4th season with all of the cast deaths, his writing could (obviously) work around that, but I can't see him doing it without Angelo. RIP.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Georgia Holt, actress and Cher’s mother, dies age 96

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    It's honestly incredible how many people from the original series returned for season 3 after 25 years, but man they've just been dropping like flies ever since. I think Lynch could've possibly still done a 4th season with all of the cast deaths, his writing could (obviously) work around that, but I can't see him doing it without Angelo. RIP.
    RIP Angelo.

I agree, anything Lynch does going forward won't feel the same without his great music. With Twin Peaks, I think because they worked together for so long and on so many episodes that it would be possible to reuse his recordings for scoring anything new. But from what I understand, Lynch used to give him emotions and feelings and he would sit and play until Lynch thought it was right. Impossible to replace a partnership like that.

I've had Mulholland Drive running on a loop pretty much all month and his score for that is fantastic. One of the greats to ever do it.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Fucking hell, not Angelo too

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    DAMMIT. Göttsching and Badalamenti on the same day? This is officially a shitty day for music.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Unfortunately, I immediately remembered her from her crazy right-wing Twitter rants; she’d gotten pretty Trumpy. It kinda killed her career. She realized she’d made a mistake by publicly supporting him.*
    The scientology thing didn't help much either. Maybe she was just wired to be susceptible to cults, because if you go full MAGA and god-tier in Scientology, that doesn't feel like a coincidence. Either way, she never hurt anybody, and she entertained a lot of people.

Sad about the passing of Badalamenti. He was an icon.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Bigger fan of The Colourfield & Fun Boy Three over The Specials, but all the same, Hall is a big loss. What a good frontman.

also RIP to Martin Duffy of Felt/Primal Scream/The Charlatans. 55

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    Bigger fan of The Colourfield & Fun Boy Three over The Specials, but all the same, Hall is a big loss. What a good frontman.

also RIP to Martin Duffy of Felt/Primal Scream/The Charlatans. 55
    RIP Martin. Hung out with him once back in the day. Nice guy & fabulous musician.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm a HUGE Primal Scream fan, so this one really really hurts. Duffy was amazing. Really bummed out.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I'm a HUGE Primal Scream fan, so this one really really hurts. Duffy was amazing. Really bummed out.
    Me too. It's too bad they never made it to the next level in the states. Kind of their fault. At a key point they turned down a prime slot in Lollapalooza & chose to go out opening for Depeche Mode for neferious reasons. Let's just say the party favours were better with DM at that point. They're still putting out great music. I saw them with the Cult & although they played first, Scream totally blew them away.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I saw them during the Riot City Blues tour in NYC and they were so good.Wish I was able to see them more times. Been a fan since 1990 when I was 4 years old, when my dad bought the Loaded 12" after hearing it on the speakers. There's a home video of me jamming out to it from '90 with my dad blasting that during his college graduation party.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    RIP Thom Bell, the man behind "The Sound of Philadelphia". Stuff like the O-Jays, the Spinners, the Stylistics to name a few. He moved to Seattle in the late 70s & was active in the local music scene.

https://pitchfork.com/news/thom-bell...ct-dies-at-79/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Last edited by Alexandros; 12-24-2022 at 11:09 AM.