Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I can't get enough of Like Home. It reminds me of Ally's Basta from Forse 1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So far, I think its by far their best score. I am listening to the stream on npr.

Trent's paino work on one of the first songs (I dont know) was incredibly beautiful.

Ok, its "just like you."

Sorry, I know it was on the sampler. i have been out of the loop as of late. Busy..
    Last edited by NINisamazing; 09-28-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    So just fucken buy it when it's out?

Also: http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Girl-Soun...irl+soundtrack
    Thanks. I tried that link already. No pre-order option. Amazon or ITunes will let me access it straight to my phone.

It's new Trent music. I want to hear it as soon as possible, without resorting to a shitty stream rip. Hence my testiness on the issue.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Thanks. I tried that link already. No pre-order option. Amazon or ITunes will let me access it straight to my phone.

It's new Trent music. I want to hear it as soon as possible, without resorting to a shitty stream rip. Hence my testiness on the issue.
    If you preorder it from nin.com, you get it on the day in FLAC, how is that not the best option?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I really like this ST. I am in love..

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Will it download straight to my smartphone if I buy it from the site? It's fine if I just want to sit there and listen to it on my computer, but I'm a man on the move most days.

Also, isn't buying it from the site supporting Modlife? Yea, not happening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Play piano more....

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

So just buy it... on the day.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm listening to it right now and.... HOLY FUCK!!! I think this is better than both of their soundtracks. I like some of the guitars they put in as well as the orchestration of it. Some of it is extremely moving and dark.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Will it download straight to my smartphone if I buy it from the site? It's fine if I just want to sit there and listen to it on my computer, but I'm a man on the move most days.

Also, isn't buying it from the site supporting Modlife? Yea, not happening.
    #firstworldproblems

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Nice stuff so far. On first listen it is quite distinctive from both TSN and TGWTDT. I agree with most people that it seems to be located somewhere between the two. Of course this comes from a first, incomplete listen in the office, but my first impression is positive. Some tracks certainly stand out (as in either kickass or haunting), but it's a cool soundtrack overall.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    I hope not, it's probably a rip from Spotify, anyway it says "webdl" so it's a rip
    It didn't on the one I grabbed.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    So just buy it... on the day.
    Thanks for your blessing! I was totally on the fence about purchasing this until you came along.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm at Zurich Film Festival. My screening is in 8 hours but I have a friend (who's also a film critic) attending to the press screening as I am writing. I'll post my impressions later today (but I won't spoil I promise). Also there isn't much to add since I'm sure almost everyone on this message board has already listened to the score

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    If you have an Android phone you shouldn't have a problem downloading it to your phone. Only problem would be if you download it in anything other than mp3, then you'll have to either find an app that plays other file types (not sure if such an app exists, would be cool though) or just deal with the mp3 files and go all HQ when you're at a computer.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Yea, I'm stuck with an iPhone 5 until January. Hence my desire for MP3 right now. I can get the FLAC files for my computer anytime; I usually do once they're widely available.

I'm just going to do like that one guy suggested and download it day of release. Something to look forward to

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Yea, I'm stuck with an iPhone 5 until January. Hence my desire for MP3 right now. I can get the FLAC files for my computer anytime; I usually do once they're widely available.

I'm just going to do like that one guy suggested and download it day of release. Something to look forward to
    Rarely if ever do platforms like Modlife allow you to direct-download MP3s, you'll probably get a temporary link to a single ZIP file with the files on release day.

PS there is an iOS app, called CanOpener, which handles FLAC very well!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    hope this is ok to post..
    http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Girl-Tren...d+Atticus+Ross

looks like 11/24 cd release. 11.99 for cd sounds good to me. not sure if it will have auto rip available before cd release if you preorder.

feel free to delete my post if this link or info is not ok to put here.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I doubt there'll be any, TGWTDT's were announced in advance - and they sold AWFULLY. There's still many left don't forget. And TSN had none, the three options were CD/Vinyl/BD-A
    I think they still have TGWTDT deluxe in stock. TBH I think they sold badly because they were bad value. You got a lot less than the top-whack Ghosts DE cost for the same bux.

Goes without saying almost but no physical stock in local HMV today.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post

looks like 11/24 cd release. 11.99 for cd sounds good to me. not sure if it will have auto rip available before cd release if you preorder.

Oh good lord. Amazon says the vinyl will be released Jan. 20, 2015.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Sony is probably not making it a priority release because Fincher's problems with Columbia, if I were to guess.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Are Amazon's dates usually accurate for things like that? I don't want to wait until January for my Gone Girl CD since it's stuck in a bundle with the vinyl...

I'm excited to have the soundtrack tonight, though. Does Modlife run on Pacific Time? I can't quite remember.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Are Amazon's dates usually accurate for things like that? I don't want to wait until January for my Gone Girl CD since it's stuck in a bundle with the vinyl...

I'm excited to have the soundtrack tonight, though. Does Modlife run on Pacific Time? I can't quite remember.
    Usually they're right (and often that's to the annoyance of artists who didn't want a date out). And Modlife run by the artist's time, so, Trent time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Stringy! (Long & Short)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post

No kidding, with amazon prime it came out to less than half the cost of buying through modlife, of course the autorip option may not be available while waiting for the end of November. On the other hand, late autumn is usually a good time imo to listen to a lot of ambient soundtrack-y stuff. I haven't heard the full album yet, just the sampler. Waiting to hear new TR music is a futile effort though, who am i kidding......

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Usually they're right (and often that's to the annoyance of artists who didn't want a date out). And Modlife run by the artist's time, so, Trent time.
    "we'll need those links to go up at midnight, Trent Daylight Time"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Sony is probably not making it a priority release because Fincher's problems with Columbia, if I were to guess.
    What problems are you talking about?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone recall hearing any of the soundtrack from pre-music at live shows? Certain tracks are ringing bells but not sure...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    What problems are you talking about?
    I think there was some kerfuffle over the proposed budget for the sequel to Dragon Tattoo as well as the Steve Jobs biopic that never got off the ground. It could be just as well that Gone Girl is with another studio not affiliated with Sony.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Thanks for your blessing! I was totally on the fence about purchasing this until you came along.
    Thats okay. if you want to pm me i wrote a poem about you last night... its titled... 'my journey'