Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    24 tracks on only 2 CD's? I'm more psyched that this will have a similar approach to the last one, with longer more drawn out tracks.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Everyone speculating about the song titles (Still Gone, etc), know that they all pertain verbatim to their scenes in the film/book. There is no wordplay or nods.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That's the joke.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Posting a link to pre-order pages days before they're finalized... what could possibly go wrong?

While I have no idea how final those pricing and delivery dates are, I know that in the past, they've changed as soon as the night before. Be careful when using unreleased information as though it were officially sanctioned.

Also, NINPeru's on a roll lately.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Posting a link to pre-order pages days before they're finalized... what could possibly go wrong?

While I have no idea how final those pricing and delivery dates are, I know that in the past, they've changed as soon as the night before. Be careful when using unreleased information as though it were officially sanctioned.

Also, NINPeru's on a roll lately.
    Yeah, you're right... Ironic but i'm gonna wait until the official announcement to order those...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well. Hell. I ordered the CD and vinyl anyways. Fuck it. If they're on the official site, not much can get screwed for me. Or us.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    NIN.com homepage now has a little preview of some music before you access the main page. http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/0...dtrack-listen/

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Wow I watched the video and it's SO nice to hear some analog instruments again coming out of trent.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Can anybody hook me up with a download link to "echoes"? I've seemed to have missed grabbing that while it was the current thing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    What a great thing to wake up to, I love this, it's a real grower too. I'm telling the kids to go out and play, I've got erm, important things to do

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GanduGains View Post
    any idea when all the tracks can be sampled?
    30th September

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    And, of course, the name doesn't follow the previous formats: it's called "Gone Girl Soundtrack From The Motion Picture".
    The US iTunes versions of TSN and TGWTDT are appended with the label "(Soundtrack from the Motion Picture)". Naming soundtracks/scores/samplers/compilations messes with my OCD, as well.

Also... Echoes = Empty Places ?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Echoes might have never been the file name and could have been a mistake by the uploader, but I'm sure we'll find out what it is soon - also possible that's the FYC name of course.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    And, of course, the name doesn't follow the previous formats: it's called "Gone Girl Soundtrack From The Motion Picture".

*grumbles about ninwiki*

Other UK people are waiting on the Amazon pre order I assume, don't wanna risk the customs £16 on the vinyl.
    Yep, will certainly wait for Amazon to put something up - nothing there yet.

As well as Still Gone/Gone Still, we now have Secrets/Of Secrets and Like Home/Home. Plus Somewhat Damaged now has to share it's acronym with Something Disposable.

Things are about to get confusing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GanduGains View Post
    Anyone jamming out to the preview track over and over? Yes, I'm desperate!
    it's really got into my head. I think it sounds quite experimental

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Fuck me side ways I'm excited! I've been looking forward to this more than Hesitation Marks.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Great news to wake up to. Release date, tracklisting and pre-order! Gonna be a good day.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The products are GONE, GIRL!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "Still, Gone" is going to be "Gone, Still" run BACKWARDS.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninperu View Post
    Yeah, you're right... Ironic but i'm gonna wait until the official announcement to order those...
    I totally can't begrudge you a good scoop, but I'll tell you what I probably would have done in your position. Although I am always very big on citing sources, I wouldn't have linked directly to the uncategorized merch pages - I'd post the information that seemed most likely not to change, while also pointing out that it's tentative information subject to change. It's fruit of the poisonous tree. The tracklist, the available formats, the album art. Where'd I get that info? No one really has to know. I might get contacted about it by the NIN camp, and at that point I'd say "Your fly's down" and point them to the product detail pages from which I pilfered the information.

Obviously someone running the online store screwed up by making those things semi-public. Sequential product IDs are kinda dumb too but that's beside the point. I would think that any ecommerce platform would have the ability to show or hide products. But if it were that ready to go, there's no reason they wouldn't have just linked to those pages themselves from the updated nin.com splash page.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Just got an email:
    "We will have to refund those orders as those aren't even the correct prices"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just got an email:
    I guess we'll be getting that email as well. I ordered mine around 1:45am EST. Let's see what happens now.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nycguy View Post
    "Still, Gone" is going to be "Gone, Still" run BACKWARDS.
    No...Gone, Still run backwards would be llits ,enog. Still, Gone is just going to be a track about how Still sold out and no one could get their hands on it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just got an email:
    Hopefully that means the prices will be lower. I'd gladly pay for the music, but 19.99 for the cd was steep, especially when I also ordered the vinyl. How long after you placed your order did you receive that email?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    No...Gone, Still run backwards would be llits ,enog. Still, Gone is just going to be a track about how Still sold out and no one could get their hands on it.
    With a chorus beat of "who the fuck bought that storage locker"

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fragility3.1 View Post
    How long after you placed your order did you receive that email?
    Everything points to the fact that leviathant did not place an order. If I was a betting man, I'd wager that a "your fly is down" email was sent and this was the reply.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I just had a look at the my account page and checked my order and it's been cancelled, no email yet, though.

EDIT: No refund at this stage either. I'm sure it'll come soon enough.
    Last edited by nothing8; 09-20-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    "Still Gone" is a track

If it's not an alt version of Gone, Still, they've missed a trick
    Reminds me of the in-joke they left for us on TSN with "A Familiar Taste" (which used 35 Ghosts IV)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Well I'm glad I was too lazy to pre-order last night.

I really hope the vinyl doesn't go past 30 dollars, especially if shipping is 8 (but I know I'll deal with it if it is anyways).

These previews have all been great; the newest one on the main site reminds me so much of something from Silent Hill, I'm beyond sold on this.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Ah, well, fuck. That'll teach me not to be an overzealous fan.