Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Grimes

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I feel like it's kind of bad form to mention things like this, child's names and such, but this one is just too strange, so I'm gonna leave this here.

Grimes apparently named her child X æ A-12

And then they changed it to X æ A Xii , so that it would be accepted by California, which I guess didn't allow the 12?
    I feel like it's not bad form when the parents openly discuss it on public forums. That's a pretty clear indication that they're not trying keep the information private.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I feel like it's not bad form when the parents openly discuss it on public forums. That's a pretty clear indication that they're not trying keep the information private.
    true. I just don't want to look like one of those fans who has to know an artist's zodiac sign and what they eat for breakfast and shit.

Tangentially, my brother was working a Burden Brothers show one night, and he came home and said "hey, I got you some picks from the band!" And I'm like " oh, wow! " and he said "they use the same kind of picks you do!," and, with " joke 's on you" joy, handed me a pick that was, in fact, the EXACT same pick I was playing with- color and all. It was pretty damn
    funny.

OK

SO. Does anyone have any idea what in the fuck that name is meant to represent, or how it's pronounced, or anything like that?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    true. I just don't want to look like one of those fans who has to know an artist's zodiac sign and what they eat for breakfast and shit.

Tangentially, my brother was working a Burden Brothers show one night, and he came home and said "hey, I got you some picks from the band!" And I'm like " oh, wow! " and he said "they use the same kind of picks you do!," and, with " joke 's on you" joy, handed me a pick that was, in fact, the EXACT same pick I was playing with- color and all. It was pretty damn
    funny.

OK

SO. Does anyone have any idea what in the fuck that name is meant to represent, or how it's pronounced, or anything like that?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Interesting.
    And, ironically, she provides the kid's Chinese zodiac sign, element and all, lolol. But what the fuck will they CALL her? Xea, like Zay-uh?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Interesting.
    And, ironically, she provides the kid's Chinese zodiac sign, element and all, lolol. But what the fuck will they CALL her? Xea, like Zay-uh?
    Good news: the Today Show has you covered

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I caught that.
    This kid will change his name as soon as possible.
    Imagine the years of trying to fill out forms, having teachers try to figure out your name, etc.