Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Failure

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Hey all, added The New Regime's opening set from the other night in Detroit too. See above.. I'll keep the links up for download until 9/5. Then they're gone.
    Thank you! Loving it (except when Ilan said "vinyls" )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Whooo hooo!

Florida does not get the shaft for the first time ever!

Awesome to see Troy rejoining for these dates.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    damn, that's tempting... I saw them again a few days ago, they are really great live

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I missed them the last time they played Phoenix, so I'm glad to see they're coming back.

Yoink!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are there any European and may be even Belgian fans of Failure out here? The band is trying to get a European tour together, but might need our help in awaking some interest.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    New tour starts today... i'm going to the show tomorrow in Ft. Lauderdale!

SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Ken Andrews mixed the board recording and put it to the band's own cameras (in addition to other audience sources).

Fucking hell. This is glorious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    sh*t, this is indeed glorious, where is the audio only version? come on Ken!!!! pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    sh*t, this is indeed glorious, where is the audio only version? come on Ken!!!! pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase
    One of the very first comments on the video was "so, is this going to be on Dime?"

Yeah, a lossless audio version would be fantastic. But you know what? One of my favorite bands of my youth just put out a free full show, soundboard recording of an event that I never even imagined would happen. So I"m just gonna sit here and be happy with what I've got (make no mistake, that's not to imply you're whining or anything like that)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Glorious indeed. Those first shows back in 2014 were absolutely chill-inducing. I've rarely, if ever, felt an atmosphere like that at a live show before.
    I didn't make it to the very first ones, but I did catch that tour in early June. Haven't had chills like that a show in quite some time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    God AM Amnesia might be the best song from 2015 IMO. That crushing chorus guitar....the final chorus gives me chills every time. Perfection.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I hope one day they decide to do another album, THIAM was amazing. Plenty more milage left in these guys I reckon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Is/was there a Hum thread on ETS? If not, hopefully there will be enough activity coming to warrant one. Tim Lash stated yesterday that they're writing new stuff and rehearsing. I'm praying to God that whatever they're doing ends up being a new full-length record. That shit would make my decade.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Where did you hear this? I saw on Instagram they posted that picture of the guitar against the amplifier on their official band page and said they were indeed working on...stuff.
    I saw it on Facebook. Same photo of the guitar, he said they were rehearsing and going to have new music to hopefully share soon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Blinker the Star - A Bourgeois Kitten (1996)

I bought this album on vinyl this past weekend (for cheap!) and it was produced, engineered and mixed by Ken Andrews at Fantastic Planet Studios. All three members of Failure and Chris Pitman play on the album, too. It came out on Sept. 17, 1996...less than a month after Fantastic Planet.

I haven't heard a note of this, so I'm stoked to hear if it has any overt Failure vibes. I can't see how it won't, considering the entire Failure camp is all over it. Talk about serendipity

It's a pretty great album, very underrated with not really much of anything to skip on it. I'd love to get it on vinyl also at some point cuz it always was my favorite Blinker record. The production sounds a lot like Fantastic Planet. I was talking to Kelli last year about his drum sounds from around that time and we got on the topic of this album somehow. I told him I think Bourgeois Kitten sounds like Blinker just came in and recorded it with Failure's gear during the Fantastic Planet sessions. Great find on vinyl, especially if you got it on the cheap!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    FAILURE ANNOUNCE STRING OF INTIMATE CLUB PERFORMANCES MARKING 20th ANNIVERSARY OF FANTASTIC PLANET’S RELEASE
    FIRST TIME SEMINAL ALBUM WILL BE PERFORMED IN ITS ENTIRETY
    LOS ANGELES, June 13, 2016 – Failure celebrate the 20th anniversary of their seminal, 17-track album, Fantastic Planet, with a string of intimate club performances, recreating a routing similar to one they followed after the album’s August 1996 release.
    “As much as we were trying to create a new and unique sound with Fantastic Planet, it’s also an homage to the pioneers of the Long-Play format. In the age of streaming playlists, it’s comforting for us to know that others share our love for the Album as art form,” said Failure front man Ken Andrews.
    Tickets are on-sale this Friday at 10 am local time. Special, limited edition 20th anniversary Fantastic Planet VIP packages will be available simultaneously via Failureband.com.
    Fantastic Planet was released on Aug. 13, 1996. The album earned a perfect 5-star score from Alternative Press who said the collection was able “to breathe life into the corpse of contemporary, guitar-driven rock” adding that the band was “willing to stretch the definition of both their instruments and their songs.” In the years that followed, the album’s stature has grown, becoming one of the era’s most influential and enduring rock records. “Fantastic Planet is the almighty jam,” said Spin in an article announcing the band’s 2014 return, “a 17-track beast of guitar-antihero theatrics and studio-as-instrument bummer luxury.” Pitchfork dubbed the album “a sleeper classic” while Decibel penned a seven-page “Hall of Fame” feature on the album, saying “seriously, this is one of those albums that’s so perfect, the band almost had to implode after it’s release.”
    Fantastic Planet 20th Anniversary performances:
    October 6 San Diego, CA Music Box
    October 7 Los Angeles, CA The Roxy
    October 8 Phoenix, AZ Livewire
    October 10 Dallas, TX Granada Theater
    October 11 Austin, TX The Mohawk
    October 13 Atlanta, GA The Masquerade
    October 14 Greensboro, NC Greene St. Live
    October 15 Baltimore, MD Sound Stage
    October 17 Boston, MA Royale
    October 18 New York, NY Webster Hall
    October 19 Philadelphia, PA The Trocadero
    October 21 Chicago, IL Double Door
    October 22 Grand Rapids, MI The Pyramid Scheme
    October 23 Milwaukee, WI Turner Ballroom
    October 25 Denver, CO Gothic Theatre
    October 27 Seattle, WA Crocodile
    October 29 Portland, OR Star Theatre
    October 30 San Francisco, CA Social

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    !!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Don't get me wrong, I'd be hitting up this tour in a flash if it were coming round my neck of the woods, and FP will always likely be in my top 5 albums ever, but i find myself getting a little burned out on its surrounding nostalgia over the last few years. Not necessarily the fault of the band, though, as the music press focused a shit ton on that record when they reformed. Felt like it was picked at to death in that regard. I wonder if Troy will be on the tour.

THIAM was an extremely strong follow-up, and they executed its release quite well. I really hope they are motivated and find time to do another record in the next couple years.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    I wonder if Troy will be on the tour.
    I hope so. I missed that tour last year.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i am in. great news.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    "Man, I wish Failure would get back together" became "Man, I wish Failure would go on tour again." Then THAT became "Man, I wish they would've played more Fantastic Planet." This reunion has been a dream come true right from the start. They're definitely doing this shit right.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    no florida dates ... oh well.

perhaps a road trip to Atlanta

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Got my tix for Webster. Anyone know if Troy's gonna be playing with them again? I'm guessing not.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i'm all set for SF too!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    i'd hope they get Troy or another guitar player. So many songs need that second guitar.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Got my ticket as well. If Troy isn't available they can always call on Eugene from Autolux.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Got my ticket as well. If Troy isn't available they can always call on Eugene from Autolux.
    Nah, I saw them last year with just the 3 of them and they kicked ass! Troy would just be an added bonus.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Seeing them in SF as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Got my tickets for the double door in chicago. Cant fucking wait because i tried to get tickets to the joliet (?) show last year and it was cancelled because the venue closed. The double door is looking like it might go that way as well. Better happen AFTER the show. That would be like, the forces of nature holding me back from seeing failure, if it happened twice.