"IF THIS VAN IS A-ROCKIN'... someone's dying inside."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Teenage girl dupes two girls into thinking she was a boy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...SAME-GIRL.html

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03...ent-abortions/

"It’s called a “wrongful birth” bill and it’s all about preventing women from having an abortion, even if it kills them. The Arizona Senate passed a bill this week that gives doctors a free pass to not inform pregnant women of prenatal problems because such information could lead to an abortion"

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Oh, my God. That's repulsive. Honestly, I literally sat here with my jaw hanging open while reading that. I can't even wrap my head around that.

Arizona really sucks.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Cartoons about the transvaginal ultrasound

There has been some controversy about running these Doonesbury cartoons in the newspapers. I found them really funny

http://www.reddit.com/tb/quspq

What is happening in the US? I've no room to judge really being from the UK, but it seems like having a black president has sent some people running back to fundamentalist Christianity in a big way, who would ever vote for Rick

This should prob go in random headlines actually if someone could do the honours
    Last edited by WorzelG; 03-14-2012 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Wrong place probably

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    This is a great idea! $50 a day PLUS tips for 6 hours work just to be a wi-fi hotspot! Why is this controversial?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    This happens in present day Romania. The protesters have the right to be there but the police is abusing its powers. Share this video and post it everywhere.

Basically, they do not disturb any pedestrian, block no roads so they can protest as much as they want. BUT! The "president" ordered the police to arrest everyone.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Turns out, This American Life was lied to, had to retract an entire episode because of it, and dedicated an entire, hour-long episode to the retraction, going over all the inaccuracies, and interviewing the guy that lied to them.

I'm not a big fan of the show, but I'll definitely be listening to this episode.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ack-pitch.html

This happens quite a bit with fit young football and rugby players who have undiagnosed heart conditions . Hope he pulls through.
    Last edited by miss k bee; 03-18-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    ^^^^ This happens way more then it should. We had a 18 year old athlete just die in his sleep this year. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Turns out, This American Life was lied to, had to retract an entire episode because of it, and dedicated an entire, hour-long episode to the retraction, going over all the inaccuracies, and interviewing the guy that lied to them.

I'm not a big fan of the show, but I'll definitely be listening to this episode.
    Oh shit, I gotta listen to that. I went to Mike Daisey's one-man show a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. He talked about Tesla and growing up in Maine.
    Last edited by Dra508; 03-19-2012 at 06:58 AM. Reason: comment on kbee's post

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    It was a great episode! One of the most riveting interviews I've heard in a long, long time. Ira just completely calls him out right to his face. It's awkward and tense.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I have friend who has been following this (2nd amendment/journalists rights) with some frantic attention. This isn't the first time this has happened and to hear him talk about it were all fucked. With every thing that has been going on lately i can see how he would think such a thing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    Any idea what the context is here? What were the media there to cover?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Any idea what the context is here? What were the media there to cover?
    http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...143105086.html

i'm even more confused, really does seem like an over reaction.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm sure most of you have heard of Trayvon Martin, the young man who was gunned down by an insane asshole a short while back (if not, read up...it's an insane story). Well now, your favorite dumb-as-fuck asshole Geraldo Rivera has chimed in with his belief, and I can't believe I'm even typing this, that if Trayvon wasn't wearing a hoodie, he wouldn't have been shot.

To be honest, Geraldo's silent film villain mustache scares me more than any hoodie ever could. He looks like he just tied a lady to train tracks.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 03-23-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I'm sure most of you have heard of Trayvon Martin, the young man who was gunned down by an insane asshole a short while back (if not, read up...it's an insane story). Well now, your favorite dumb-as-fuck asshole Geraldo Rivera has chimed in with his belief, and I can't believe I'm even typing this, that if Trayvon wasn't wearing a hoodie, he wouldn't have been shot.

To be honest, Geraldo's silent film villain mustache scares me more than any hoodie ever could. He looks like he just tied a lady to train tracks.
    The whole thing is terribly sad. It's not self defense if you're the aggressor. George Zimmerman followed Trayvon and shot him and walks around now as a free man. Scary!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Someone should probably tell Elliot from E.T. to lay low for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Volt Phantom View Post
    I'd bet that if you were out walking somewhere and some dude you don't know was following and making you uncomfortable it could lead to some sort of altercation. I could understand the whole "self defense" thing if the kid was also armed, but he wasn't. . .

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Zimmerman is not a cop. He has no right to detain or question Martin. None whatsoever. Zimmerman was told not to follow Martin. He stalked him and then shot him. Its not self defense when you're the aggressor.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Its not self defense when you're the aggressor.
    According to Jeb Bush, the NRA, and Florida state laws, apparently it is. I'll bet my life savings that Zimmerman, IF arrested, will never be convicted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ya, see it's obvious the whole story isn't out there, so I'm hoping he isn't convicted.

How do you all feel about Sharpton and Jackson's typical exploitation of the situation? What about the Black Panther bounty?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I went to this school. Not surprised at all this happened there.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    According to Jeb Bush, the NRA, and Florida state laws, apparently it is. I'll bet my life savings that Zimmerman, IF arrested, will never be convicted.
    Looks like Jeb Bush is singing a different a tune:
    http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world...e-1396787.html

Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn't mean chase after somebody who's turned their back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like Zimmerman is a registered Democrat, I'm sure that won't be reported hardly anywhere.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Volt Phantom View Post
    Looks like Zimmerman is a registered Democrat, I'm sure that won't be reported hardly anywhere.
    The fuck does that have to do with anything? Troll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It ruins the perception of Zimmerman as a gun wielding conservative vigilante, it's like when that guy shot up the Holocaust museum, news networks were more than happy to paint the picture of a crazed Republican, but once it starting trickling out that he was a major leftist they basically just started downplaying his politics.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I haven't seen any coverage on George Zimmerman's political party affiliation, really. Outside rants on the internet either attempting to paint him as right-wing or Republican, or an even larger number of conservative pieces about how leftist-liberal media have been trying to paint Zimmerman as Republican, the overwhelming response seems to be, just, "Murderer!" But then I don't watch television news because so much of it is worthless.

"Major leftist"? Please, don't go on perpetuating political hyperbole in the same post where you're trying to denounce it.