Page 16 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread: Random General Headlines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Not be outdone, Aronia has a proposed bill that would require students to recite an oath to graduate from high school.

But you know, Georgia takes the cake.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It's another article that you just wish was posted on The Onion, and then when you accept that it's real another little piece of you dies.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Random General Headlines

It has zero chance of passing.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That's horrible. Pyrotechnics should be illegal in small clubs/venues like that.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I managed bands for 6 years, played countless clubs and smaller venues. You have to be retarded to bring pyro into those venues and not think something like that can happen.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Ugh, apparently they never heard of White Lion... Horrible.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Random General Headlines

Or Great White, either

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I knew I had the wrong one... I blame myself for having just watched Transformers: The Movie with its White Lion soundtrack.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I heard from somewhere that the doors were locked too. For fuck's sake.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    The door, you mean...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Yeah everyone was whinging when Rammstein weren't allowed to play the Astoria... but I think they did the right thing

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Man opens fire in Phoenix office building, killing one, wounding two others

That happened five miles from my work. They thought that he might be headed to the high-rise directly across the street from my office, so they locked down part of our building and apparently had tons of cops outside. The guy is still on the loose. Insane.
    Last edited by theruiner; 01-30-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Random General Headlines

Last edited by allegro; 01-31-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    As if you needed another reason to never eat at Applebees

So, a pastor leaves a blank tip that says "I give god 10%, why should I give you 18%?" and it blows up and goes viral. The pastor responds by saying "my reputation is in ruins!!! Whatever can I do to restore it?! I know! I'll call Applebees and demand that they fire the employee who outed me for being a selfish obnoxious jerk completely lacking in self awareness. That will completely fix my tarnished reputation on that internet thing the kids are using, and after she's fired I'll be left alone."

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    He demanded not just the firing of that one employee, but EVERY SINGLE ONE AT THAT LOCATION. Way to turn the other cheek there, padre.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Random General Headlines

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/26/us/col...uit/index.html

Someone forgot to tell this lawyer that his client is a Catholic hospital. Two cell make a human and all...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Rest in Peace, Ed Koch, you self-hating, homophobic p.o.s.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Man lies dead in flat before being discovered.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2271889/Man-lay-dead-flat-TWO-YEARS-cleaners-turned-clear-home.html

Damn

And this is why I will always wear glasses and be a four eyed geek!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eats-away.html
    Last edited by miss k bee; 02-01-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    How pathetic have the twice-defeated Conservatives become in their efforts to undermine Obama?

Theyre sort of....defending Nazis.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Random General Headlines

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    How pathetic have the twice-defeated Conservatives become in their efforts to undermine Obama?

Theyre sort of....defending Nazis.
    The beauty of America is you can have someone over on the left spitting nails about the senseless nonsensical sense of that opinion piece.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...ce?showAll=yes

My daily musing is about Hillary Clinton's glasses. Apparently she is wearing them now because of the concussion she got recently. I wear glasses and apparently also have many of the tells this magazine out forth about Hillary.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...-benghazi.html

I also find it interesting that you get an article about a woman wearing glasses when she didn't before (regularly), I don't think you would for a guy. I know it's Hillary and the media likes to vilify her, but there is no denying no matter what side of the aisle your values lie on that she is one freaking smart person. I say person, because I don't just compare her to other women. She pwn'd that senator without coming off like she was talking down to him, which you know she would get dinged for. It's a double standard that if a man raises his voice and gets angry in business (or politics) he comes of as strong and committed. A women gets called a pushy bitch. Hillary nailed the balance in her hearing and I'm really impressed. I hope she takes a nice relaxing break and comes back.
    Last edited by Dra508; 02-03-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The concussion really screwed up her vision (temporarily, hopefully), WTF!!!! Such petty bullshit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Shakespearean villan and one of the most legendary infamous figures in English history King Richard the III skeleton has been discovered. Under a car park.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-21063882

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highly Psychological View Post
    Shakespearean villan and one of the most legendary infamous figures in English history King Richard the III skeleton has been discovered. Under a car park.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-21063882
    I was just reading this. This is absolutely crazy news. Is there anything DNA can't do? (Besides OJ naturally.)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Come on! The glove did not fit!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    So the ex LAPD cop who was discharged for false accusations against another officer went on a shooting spree in CA. He shot 3 officers.

LAPD looks to be in an absolute panic now. They shot two Chinese women (delivering newspapers) in a truck that was a different color and different make. No warning. Doesn't look like they even tried to identify that the target. How do you confuse two asian ladies for a single 6'4" muscular black man???

This is what they did. Looks like about 40 rounds that hit the truck.. wtf:

This is what the suspect truck looks like:

I suspect this is a video of the shooting:
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 02-09-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ If I were the suspect the pigs who pulled those triggers would be at the TOP of my list.

I've gotta say, the more I read of this guy's uncensored manifesto the more like him...even DESPITE the obvious typos and loss of uninvolved, innocent family member's lives. Absolutely NOTHING in this guy's manifesto conflicts AT ALL with my experience with cops. They're a bunch of corrupt and bigoted assholes protected by their own institution who quite frankly NEED some highly-trained and comparatively morally-centered psychotic to go all G.I. Punisher on their stupid asses to help force a reformation among their ranks so they'll maybe finally UPHOLD the oaths they've sworn allegiance to, ffs.

But, hey, don't take MY word for it...

http://boywithgrenade.org/2013/02/07...ers-manifesto/
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 02-09-2013 at 05:49 AM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So...you're all for killing cops? And you "kind of like" this guy even though he's killed innocent people?

I mean, don't let a few murders get in the way of thinking he's a good guy or anything.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I mean, I'm not saying I'm in a big hurry to be BFFs with him or that it isn't an extreme or unjust reaction, obviously.

But I can definitely understand where he's coming from to a degree.

When cops betray their oaths and are effectively terrorists to the communities they've sworn to serve and protect AND they demonstrate a near-complete inability to police themselves, well...let's just say that they're not exactly winning any support from me either.

C'mon now. I'm not endorsing the murder of innocents or the wholesale slaughter of police officers. Not all cops are bad of course and he's by no means a "good guy." But that's not to say there aren't still thousands of cops who just need to be permanently wiped off the face of the planet yesterday.