Page 150 of 156 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,500 of 4661

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

so not what everyone was hoping. :/
    That’s shady. Likely so no wire taps? They’re that scared now? Wtf are they doing?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    That’s shady. Likely so no wire taps? They’re that scared now? Wtf are they doing?
    The people in those photos have been misidentified. The dude in the red shirt is a grounds manager and he's holding property markers. Eric is there but McCarthy, Hannity, and Nunes are not. I know everyone wants this to be a Scorsese-esque mob meeting when in actuality he's staking off changes to the golf course.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    they’re having a bachelor party. duh. why else would you not golf in the rain? i bet someone’s got a new russian bride on the way.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The guy in the blue shirt was championed as a potential wire tap because his shirt isn't tucked in.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    The people in those photos have been misidentified. The dude in the red shirt is a grounds manager and he's holding property markers. Eric is there but McCarthy, Hannity, and Nunes are not. I know everyone wants this to be a Scorsese-esque mob meeting when in actuality he's staking off changes to the golf course.
    very likely but also it's weird the way the whole thing went down and how quickly he went to DC. All because of property? I have so many doubts that they would call Mr. Donald Trump about some property changes. That's like calling Mr. Dell when the packing factory has run out of toiler paper.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    very likely but also it's weird the way the whole thing went down and how quickly he went to DC. All because of property? I have so many doubts that they would call Mr. Donald Trump about some property changes. That's like calling Mr. Dell when the packing factory has run out of toiler paper.
    Three of the guys were grounds or property managers for the course. And yes, Trump would want to be involved in planning an upcoming golf event, say LIV Golf tournament in 2023.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...-trump-1742353

There were also rumors that those who joined Trump at the course were House Minority leader Kevin McCarthy, Fox News host Sean Hannity and former congressman turned CEO of Truth Social Devin Nunes.

However, none of these men were at the course with Trump on Monday.

Some of those who are reported to be among the group of men pictured along with Trump include Larry Glick, executive vice president for development at the Trump Organization, Brad Enie, the director of grounds for the Trump National Golf Club, and the course's general manager, Joe Roediger.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    fair point. still screams sus at me but everything you've posted seems above the line.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    fair point. still screams sus at me but everything you've posted seems above the line.
    He's such a colossal scumbag it's so easy to gravitate towards the most sinister explanation possible.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Holy GOD, how about that fucking "lightning" Ukraine counter offensive?
    They retook 1000 sq kilometers with this Kharkiv campaign, taking POWs, putting up Ukrainian flags, kicking ass and taking names.

Unfortunately, there are a couple of problems with this: Russian war hawks are pushing for an ALL OUT war, AND, Ukraine is now openly admitting that a good percentage of this was crafted with the help of the US.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/norfo...003005417.html

You guys like shit that's made out of grain, like wheat, or corn: you know, like bread, tortillas, chips, crackers, noodles, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, (I could obviously go on and on).
    This rail strike...jesus. How is it just one awful thing after another?

I'm usually in favor of unions and strikes, but I have this weird issue: nearly every day, I'm compelled to chew and swallow something made out of 'food."
    If I don't do it, I feel BAD.

This strike is projected to fuck our economy off to the tune of 2 billion a DAY, and I'm PRETTY sure they'll be passing that loss on to US.

Alright, Joe. Do something cool. Please.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-14-2022 at 12:19 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/norfo...003005417.html

You guys like shit that's made out of grain, like wheat, or corn: you know, like bread, tortillas, chips, crackers, noodles, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, (I could obviously go on and on).
    This rail strike...jesus. How is it just one awful thing after another?

I'm usually in favor of unions and strikes, but I have this weird issue: nearly every day, I'm compelled to chew and swallow something made out of 'food."
    If I don't do it, I feel BAD.

This strike is projected to fuck our economy off to the tune of 2 billion a DAY, and I'm PRETTY sure they'll be passing that loss on to US.

Alright, Joe. Do something cool. Please.
    I mean, the union workers just don't want to be fired for going to the doctor. That point system, at least as far as I've seen, is ridiculous:

Employees governed by the system start out with 30 points. An employee will receive a deduction of two points if an absence occurs on a regular weekday. Taking time off on Friday or Saturday results in a deduction of 4 points, and a Sunday absence results in a 3-point deduction. Holiday absences, because they are considered ‘high impact’ days, will result in a 7-point deduction. Once an employee uses up their 30 points and hits “0”, a 10-day suspension is leveraged. After the end of the suspension, the employee restarts with 15 points. If the employee once again uses all their points and falls to zero, this second violation triggers a 20-day suspension. A third violation can result in termination.

This doesn't happen in a country that has mandatory paid sick leave and treats all workers with the bare minimum of respect for their lives.

I get the food thing, and this can seriously damage the country, but I'm sick of rich assholes using the economy as a hostage to screw over everyday Americans.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Update:

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    I mean, the union workers just don't want to be fired for going to the doctor. That point system, at least as far as I've seen, is ridiculous:

Employees governed by the system start out with 30 points. An employee will receive a deduction of two points if an absence occurs on a regular weekday. Taking time off on Friday or Saturday results in a deduction of 4 points, and a Sunday absence results in a 3-point deduction. Holiday absences, because they are considered ‘high impact’ days, will result in a 7-point deduction. Once an employee uses up their 30 points and hits “0”, a 10-day suspension is leveraged. After the end of the suspension, the employee restarts with 15 points. If the employee once again uses all their points and falls to zero, this second violation triggers a 20-day suspension. A third violation can result in termination.

This doesn't happen in a country that has mandatory paid sick leave and treats all workers with the bare minimum of respect for their lives.

I get the food thing, and this can seriously damage the country, but I'm sick of rich assholes using the economy as a hostage to screw over everyday Americans.
    Yep. Railroad workers are used and abused. Here is a Vice News article from April: https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dge...s-to-the-brink

This issue has been bubbling for a while and good for the workers and their unions they have significant leverage here. Moving goods by rail is extremely efficient and the volume cannot be replaced by truck.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post

Faceplam away, @cdm . I understand. BUT, also, keep in mind that I appreciate the principles of anarcho-syndicaIism. I'm INSANELY pro union. AND, i come from a line of railroad workers: some lifelong employees. I watched my own ultra left wing father be called in at 3 am to clean up cattle parts from train derailments.
    I'm very, VERY tuned in to the plight of railroad workers. So please don't think I was asking Joe to use union busting tactics.
    So, I quite naturally hate rich people holding the economy hostage to screw over everyday Americans. But at THIS juncture, this is kind of everyday Americans, well...holding the economy hostage to screw over everyday Americans.

I'm just praying for a VERY rapid POSITIVE resolution and response from the gvmt and/or the big rail companies. But I'm not expecting that, because we are ruled by GREED.

Hence, I'm torn. I mean, FUVK YEAH! Have your demands met.
    Meanwhile, OH FUCK. Please to lay some food on me?

Edit: speaking of TRUCKERS, @Fifey , they get fucked pretty damn bad, too, and are encouraged to TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR FUTURE! BECOME AND INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR! (don't receive any benefits. Don't join a union.)
    OWN YOUR OWN TRUCK PROGRAM!
    (Sign an insanely predatory contract including a predatory loan. 5% of you will make it.)

Aside from being a railroad/grain silo spot, Stratford, TX is basically 3 truckstops at the intersection of 54 and 287, surrounded by farmland, so I talk to a lot of these cats...whenever we, uhhhh..."go out to eat"...at one of the truck stops.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-15-2022 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Piggybacking off of that, @Fifey , this has NEVER been a country/system that treats ANYONE with the bare minimum of respect for SHIT, imho.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-15-2022 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    "INSANELY pro-union" and "I'm usually in favor of unions and strikes..." doesn't quite add up.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    We shouldn't be mad at the workers. We should be mad at the corporations who put them into a position where they have to cause a mass disruption of services to call attention to their plight. Those corporations want us to be mad at the workers, because it takes eyes off of them.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    AFAIK the unions still have to vote on the deal so to say a crisis has been averted is not totally accurate. Leadership struck a deal at the bargaining table but membership still has to vote to ratify. If you remember during the John Deere strike several tentative deals were reached only to have the membership vote them down. Unless I'm missing something the victory lap here is a little premature.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    "INSANELY pro-union" and "I'm usually in favor of unions and strikes..." doesn't quite add up.
    Dude, I don't know wtf to tell you. I'm way BEYOND.pro-union. The implementation of my political views would require a full scale revolution.

You're questioning my left wing credentials? I'm a Carlos the Jackal fan, for fuck's sake, and that's explicitly stated as the little title under my name on social media.
    I tried to LEAVE this country NINE YEARS ago,.not when trump took office. The US didn't stop infuriating me during Obama. See my post history.

HOWEVER: The PROBLEM, here, now, is that the WORLD, and the US, are FUCKED, financially. The system hasn't changed, AT ALL.
    And, what we DID have, is crashing and burning in dramatic fashion, and expected to worsen.

SO. This has pushed me into a place wherein I must look at physical reality.

Maybe you're making 100k a year or some shit.
    My wife, my mother and i? We're disabled. We're on food stamps., fighting for SSI. And I literally take daily medicine that keeps me from dying.
    We're BLESSED to be living off of SOME money generated by (grain) farming on my mother's side.
    But with no grainers in operation, well...we'd lkely have NO income. My autoimmune disease and epilepsy will go untreated, and I'll LIKELY, LITERALLY die from a seizure in the VERY near future.

But I'm WRONG for fucking wishing for a swift, pro union resolution, and NOT WANTING TO DIE?

I'll NEVER be MAD at railroad workers, because, again, my whole fucking father's side of the family were railroad workers, which dovetails with freemasonry, hence my grandfather being 33rd degree and the Grand Potentate of Texas.
    I've been concerned about the working conditions since I was in the FIRST GRADE, in the fucking eighties, not after I read an article this summer.

My ideology is probably more radical than yours.
    I don't really dig people questioning it. Most people don't, and if you actually KNEW me, you'd know how laughable such questioning is.
    I ESPECIALLY don't appreciate someone purporting to be more involved/concerned with railroad work conditions than I am, unless THEY are part of it NOW, or the job is a family tradition.
    I mean, fuck. If one side of your family includes multiple generations of railroad workers, then, excuse me. If your father and grandfather and great grandfather ALSO worked through fucked up conditions for decades, pardon me. If YOU'RE a conductor or some shit, currently, or grew up learning signalman lantern signs, or your childhood drawings were Bozo Texino, or you know about the infinity between the switches, again, I beg your pardon.

But yeah. Please, no more left wing pissing contests. And please, try to understand that, CURRENTLY, oddly enough, I like...DON'T want to die? (I usually do, for the record).
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-15-2022 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Jesus christ, I never said you were wrong about anything. Just that "I'm usually in favor of unions and strikes" implies something contradictory to...well...other things. If that's not the case, great! I'm going off what you typed.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Jesus christ, I never said you were wrong about anything. Just that "I'm usually in favor of unions and strikes" implies something contradictory to...well...other things. If that's not the case, great! I'm going off what you typed.
    Ok, fuck me...I overreacted, AGAIN, I guess. I apologize.

I'm ALSO going through some whole other shit.

I THOUGHT I was ready to come back to the board, but maybe I'm not.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-15-2022 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Don't sweat it. Really. I get what you're saying now. And don't apologize for being passionate about your views.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Don't sweat it. Really. I get what you're saying now. And don't apologize for being passionate about your views.
    Man I appreciate that.

But I'm rarely like, THAT argumentative, here. I'm not apologizing for my views: rather, it's my TONE.

I've just been in a dark place, lately, and haven't quite been myself.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Man I appreciate that.

But I'm rarely like, THAT argumentative, here. I'm not apologizing for my views: rather, it's my TONE.

I've just been in a dark place, lately, and haven't quite been myself.
    Well in that case, my tone probably sucked, too, so for that I also apologize. Be well.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Trump warns that if he gets indicted, we're all (every american citizen) going to suffer consequences we could not imagine

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...icted-00056911

Bring it you coward fuck. Start a civil war, it will end in a fucking day, and nobody is scared of you, pseudo-Mussolini. Get a fucking haircut already, and quit your dayjob ruining this country.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-16-2022 at 05:25 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Trump warns that if he gets indicted, we're all (every american citizen) going to suffer consequences we could not imagine

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...icted-00056911

Bring it you coward fuck. Start a civil war, it will end in a fucking day, and nobody is scared of you, pseudo-Mussolini. Get a fucking haircut already, and quit your dayjob ruining this country.
    I was coming here to post just that.

It's just that, well...fuck. He's probably not WRONG. This has been my fear of anything that prevents the awful bastard from running.

In fact, it makes me wonder if he WILL be allowed to run, in the interest of preserving the fucking country.

Edit: also, his current lawyer, Habba, is issuing similar threats on live television.

"And you may say to yourself/How did I get here?"

I've had very little love for this country for a long, long time.
    But THIS shit? I'm fucking baffled.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-16-2022 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i don’t understand how he’s allowed to talk at all at this point. i really hope whoever wants to act out in his name suffers the fallout from their actions severely.

how about my fellow georgian, rep greene, kicking an 18 year old woman? there’s quite a few videos of the event but this one shows how aggressive she actually was.

https://twitter.com/mariannapecora/s...GJ_tXsaOE4WIAg

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I think Trumpy doesn't know how cowardly a lot of his fanbase is. Most of them just want to go to the rallies, wear the hats, post the memes, and spew hatred from afar. They talk a good game, but most of them would probably shit themselves if an actual civil war broke out. Just look at how his followers handled January 6th. If they really were as tough as they claim to be, they would have succeeded.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    also, it just blows my mind that these people don't realize that if things get really out of control, this won't be handled like a school shooting. You will be blown away and turned into red mist by army drones.

Stop pretending grandpa's shotgun is gonna help you win your part in world war 3, how about you try to stop it by not being led around by the nose by soviet propaganda.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    also, it just blows my mind that these people don't realize that if things get really out of control, this won't be handled like a school shooting. You will be blown away and turned into red mist by army drones.

Stop pretending grandpa's shotgun is gonna help you win your part in world war 3, how about you try to stop it by not being led around by the nose by soviet propaganda.
    They get around that by convincing themselves the majority of the military will side with them.