Thread: Twitter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

They've entered the "Hunt the Mole" phase of new management... this will be fine.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

They've entered the "Hunt the Mole" phase of new management... this will be fine.
    I thought he'd told everyone they HAD to go into the office a few days ago??? I actually think someone may be onto something when they said Elon Musk has actually been paid by 'people' or shady organisations / countries to shut Twitter down. No idea why though.

The blue tick thing is a nightmare though, so many people have got them you can't tell who's verified anymore
    Last edited by WorzelG; 11-18-2022 at 05:42 AM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I actually think someone may be onto something when they said Elon Musk has actually been paid by 'people' or shady organisations / countries to shut Twitter down. No idea why though.
    The shady organisation / country is the United States of America and its centuries-long program of rewarding mediocre men with billions for repeatedly fucking things up over and over and over and over. No unseen, conspiratorial, Shady Cabal™ explanation necessary. That is how the system works and has always worked. It's working.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    The shady organisation / country is the United States of America and its centuries-long program of rewarding mediocre men with billions for repeatedly fucking things up over and over and over and over. No unseen, conspiratorial, Shady Cabal™ explanation necessary. That is how the system works and has always worked. It's working.
    i always assumed Elon Musk was an inventor, not that he just bought things. He's clearly fucking Twitter up, to be honest I think it would be a good thing because Twitter is so hostile.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    i always assumed Elon Musk was an inventor, not that he just bought things. He's clearly fucking Twitter up, to be honest I think it would be a good thing because Twitter is so hostile.
    Yeah, that's what he wants you to think. Google Elon Musk Emerald for how he got his start. A whole lot of right place / right time / lots of money.

Linked tweets are going to be broken soon, aren't they?

edit:

all a joke to him, I guess
    Last edited by allegate; 11-18-2022 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Yeah, that's what he wants you to think. Google Elon Musk Emerald for how he got his start.
    Have you ever seen the Anonymous video?

I thought he'd told everyone they HAD to go into the office a few days ago??? I actually think someone may be onto something when they said Elon Musk has actually been paid by 'people' or shady organisations / countries to shut Twitter down. No idea why though.
    Yesterday, Musk gave the remaining employees an ultimatum that they all had to decide if they were going to leave or stay; hundreds of them quit late last night; most of them were in important tech positions necessary to keep Twitter running. Total shit show.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/11/17/t...ine/index.html

People were up late last night believing it was Twitter’s last night.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-18-2022 at 08:00 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    They would have had to pay him more than $44 billion to do it, since that's what he paid for Twitter. If you actually think someone would have actually paid more than $44 billion just to shut twitter down you're insane.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    They would have had to pay him more than $44 billion to do it, since that's what he paid for Twitter. If you actually think someone would have actually paid more than $44 billion just to shut twitter down you're insane.
    I just find it hard to believe anyone could be this bad without a reason

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I just find it hard to believe anyone could be this bad without a reason
    Musk is not some rich genius. He inherited his money and made some lucky investments which made him famous and he tricked the public into believing he came up with the idea.

Plus, if he were actually doing this intentionally, he’d likely be going to prison for a long time. Defrauding investors and whatnot.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    They're called the IRS. It's a tax write-off. Look at Trump's tax returns. Elon sure did.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    They're called the IRS. It's a tax write-off. Look at Trump's tax returns. Elon sure did.
    $44 billion is not a tax write off. Even for him. And again, if he’s tanking twitter intentionally, he’s going to prison. A lot of that $44 billion was from investors. This would be a clear case of defrauding investors.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    $44 billion is not a tax write off. Even for him. And again, if he’s tanking twitter intentionally, he’s going to prison. A lot of that $44 billion was from investors. This would be a clear case of defrauding investors.
    I agree but it is a very convenient money pit for him to say "well, we tried an aggressive strategy" and spread out the inevitable losses over several years against his other income. It happens to very closely align with his interests in other areas too.

People forget that a lot of Tesla was built on an Obama-era government backed loan of around $500 million.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I agree but it is a very convenient money pit for him to say "well, we tried an aggressive strategy" and spread out the inevitable losses over several years against his other income. It happens to very closely align with his interests in other areas too.

People forget that a lot of Tesla was built on an Obama-era government backed loan of around $500 million.
    Exactly. He never uses his own money. Twitter wasn’t even WORTH a fraction of $44 billion, so who the hell were these IDIOT investors? Were they really investing in Twitter? Or were they investing in Truth Social, and this was a catch and kill?
    Last edited by allegro; 11-20-2022 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Typo